Looking for the best Abu Dhabi quotes, Sheikh Zayed quotes or Arab proverbs? Abu Dhabi is a fascinating place to visit – with it’s many breathtaking skyscrapers and iconic landmarks. Think Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, The Louvre Abu Dhabi, Emirates Palace, Qatar Al Watan, Eastern Mangroves, Zaya Nurai Island, desert safaris, Yas Island, luxurious hotels, pool clubs and restaurants – there are honestly so many photo opportunities in Abu Dhabi!
Abu Dhabi is a really exciting city and is one of the best places to visit in The Middle East. It is definitely high on many people’s bucket lists, whether they plan to visit as a stopover before continuing their long haul flight elsewhere, or whether they plan to make a holiday to Abu Dhabi during the pleasant weather of the winter months, or during the Formula 1 period. Abu Dhabi has inspired many people – it has been featured in several movies and there is a sense of hope and dreams in the air.
We all know the feeling when you’ve got so many photos of somewhere to post to Instagram but you’re just stuck for what to write in the caption. This article cuts out all the hard work of trying to come up with a caption for your Instagram photo as it gives you all the best Instagram captions and quotes about Abu Dhabi, as well as the most powerful quotes for Sheikh Zayed – the founding father of the United Arab Emirates.
If you’re heading to Abu Dhabi, you’re there right now, or you’re just wanderlusting and looking for some inspiration, you’ll find lots of funny Abu Dhabi puns, famous quotes, short captions and Arab proverbs for your Abu Dhabi Instagram pictures right here!
Travel quotes inspire us all right? If you are looking for some more inspirational quotes check these out:
Best Sunset Captions & Quotes For Instagram
75 Best Inspirational Travel Adventure Quotes
Cabin Crew Quotes
Sunshine Quotes For Instagram!
ABU DHABI QUOTES & SHEIKH ZAYED QUOTES
Best Abu Dhabi Instagram Captions
1. Up in the clouds, on my way to Abu Dhabi
2. Walking through a concrete jungle
3. Money can’t buy you happiness? Habibi, come to Abu Dhabi!
4. Bright lights & Abu Dhabi skies
5. You can leave Abu Dhabi, but it will never leave you
6. Sunshine is the best medicine
7. Never coming home, staying in Abu Dhabi
8. Relationship status: In love with sunsets and this city
9. Dear Abu Dhabi, you’re my absolute favourite
10. I left my heart in Abu Dhabi
Visiting The Grand Mosque of Abu Dhabi? This article tells you all you need to know about The Sheikh Zayed Mosque!
Funny Abu Dhabi Captions & Abu Dhabi Puns
11. Arab-er not leave Abu Dhabi just yet
12. People in Dubai don’t like the Flintstones. But people in Abu Dhabi do!
13. Abu Dhabi, I would never desert you
14. Abu Dhabi, been there, dune that
15. Abu Dhabi: serving you just deserts
16. Beach you to it
17. Don’t worry, beach happy
Heading over to Dubai? Here’s all you need to know about Dubai!
Short Abu Dhabi Captions For Instagram
18. Sometimes I dream of Abu Dhabi
19. My kind of city
20. Sky above, sand below, peace within.
21. I’ve got a crush on Abu Dhabi
22. All you need is love and skylines
23. The beach is calling and I must go
24. These bright lights are my sunshine
25. Some moments are gold.
26. I’m all about the palm trees and 80 degrees
27. All I need are palm trees and this little slice of paradise
Wondering how to get to Dubai? Check out the cheapest way how to get to Dubai from Abu Dhabi!
Abu Dhabi Quotes
28. “Abu Dhabi is the hub of hell in August.” – Jane Bristol-Rhys
29. “It was warmer diving into the pool in Abu Dhabi.” – Martin Allen
30. “The tallest building in the world is now in Dubai, the biggest factory in the world is in China, the largest oil refinery is in India, the largest investment fund in the world is in Abu Dhabi, the largest Ferris wheel in the world is in Singapore.” – Fareed Zakaria
31. “The desert, when the sun comes up. I couldn’t tell where heaven stopped and the Earth began.” – Tom Hanks
32. “I came to poetry at fourteen, in the middle of a booming oil-rush town in southern Arabia without a single public library: Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. All the wealth in the world and not a single intelligent idea as to how to employ it.” – Andre Naffis-Sahely
33. “I truly believe Abu Dhabi is one of the world’s best film locations, and I can’t wait to come back.” – Prabhas
34. “The last time I was in Abu Dhabi, I had a blast. I went jet-skiing in the Arabian Gulf, I went to Ferrari World, and went to Sheikh Zayed Mosque. I just enjoyed the city and the life. It was just amazing, and I am really looking forward to coming back.” – Cesaro
Looking for a complete guide to Abu Dhabi? Check out this article!
SHEIKH ZAYED QUOTES
Sheikh Zayed Quotes
The UAE is a relatively new country, created in 1971. Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan was at the time the ruler of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. He seized the opportunity to bring the Emirates together and unite them, formed a new country: the United Arab Emirates. Sheikh Zayed therefore became the country’s first President until his death in 2004, and is often referred to as the Founding Father of the UAE. He was a very forward thinking man and here are some of his most famous quotes:
35. “Arab oil can never be dearer than Arab blood.” – Sheikh Zayed
36. “History is a continuous chain of events. The present is only an extension of the past.” – Sheikh Zayed
37. “He who does not know his past cannot make the best of his present and future, for it is from the past that we learn.” – Sheikh Zayed
38 “It is my duty as the leader of the young people of this country to encourage them to work and to exert themselves in order to raise their own standards and to be of service to the country. The individual who is healthy and of a sound mind and body but who does not work commits a crime against himself and society.” – Sheikh Zayed
39. “Past years have emphasized the importance of unity as a vital necessity for providing a better life to the people, for ensuring stability in the country and for realizing the hopes and aspirations of our people.” – Sheikh Zayed
40. “Situations change from time to time. A friend may become an enemy and an enemy a friend. Life is inconsistent and ever changing. So are health and weather. We must, therefore, be prepared for the unexpected changes coming our way.” – Sheikh Zayed
41. “No matter how many buildings, foundations, schools and hospitals we build, or how many bridges we raise, all these are material entities. The real spirit behind the progress is the human spirit, the able man with his intellect and capabilities.” – Sheikh Zayed
42. “The Ruler should not have any barrier which separates him from his people.” – Sheikh Zayed
43. “Wealth is not money. Wealth lies in men. This is where true power lies, the power we value. This is what has convinced us to direct all our resources to build the individual, and to use the wealth which God has provided us in the service of the nation.” – Sheikh Zayed
44. “Our system of government is based on our religion and this is what our people want. Should they seek alternatives, we are ready to listen to them. We are all in the same boat, and they are both captain and crew.” – Sheikh Zayed
45. “The Press has the duty as well as the right to criticise. We welcome constructive criticism.” – Sheikh Zayed
Looking for the best affordable luxury hotel in Abu Dhabi? Check out this article!
Abu Dhabi Formula One Quotes
46. “The yachts’ berth was next to the Yas Marina Circuit, where Formula 1 would come into town once a year. At night, when the lights on its orbicular architecture switched on, the circuit would radiate like a constellation of stars” ―
Planning to move to Abu Dhabi? Check out this article Where Do Expats Live In Abu Dhabi?
48. “We in the UAE have no such word as ‘impossible.’” – Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
49. “The desert tells a different story, every time one ventures into it.” – Robert Edison Fulton Jr.
50. “Dubai has got very little oil; it is Abu Dhabi that has got the oil. Dubai has very small resources, and it is running out, so the government’s plan has been to relieve Dubai of any dependency on oil at all by 2010.” – Maurice Flanagan
51. “I started digging and found that Israel signed a peace treaty with the United Arab Emirates after the country had diversified their economy, instead of being solely oil-based. This diversification had brought about modernization. I realized that if you land the price of oil, countries will diversify their economies and as a result, modernize.” – Shai Agassi
52. “There is no Dubai and Abu Dhabi; we are one. Whoever doesn’t understand this should do their homework before they start talking. We will be there for each other when we need it.” – Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Heading over to Dubai whilst you’re in Abu Dhabi? Check out The Most Instagrammable Places In Dubai!
Arab & Emirati Proverbs
53. Sunshine all the time makes a desert. – Arab Proverb
54. Trust in god but tie up your camel – Arab proverb
55. Believe what you see and lay aside what you hear – Arab proverb
56. Open your mouth only if what you’re going to say is more beautiful than silence – Arab proverb
57. The one who knocks at the door gets the answer – Emirati proverb
58. He who stays with people for forty days has become one of their number – Emirati proverb
59. You don’t need that particular sweet to enjoy life, and you don’t need that carpet to rest on – Emirati proverb
Abu Dhabi Captions & Sheikh Zayed Quotes Summary
I hope you got lots of inspiration and ideas from these Abu Dhabi Instagram captions and Sheikh Zayed quotes and were able to find the perfect one to go with your photos! Whether it’s a famous quote, a funny pun or short caption, you’ll find one perfect for you!
Do you know any other famous quotes or captions about Abu Dhabi? Feel free to leave any in the comments below if so!
More Abu Dhabi Travel Resources:
If your trip to Abu Dhabi is your first time visiting The Middle East, it’s important to do a little bit of research beforehand to know what to expect, especially if you are a female solo traveller. Whilst The UAE can be more relaxed than other Arabic countries in terms of what to wear, it is still important to respect the country’s cultural norms. Check out this article Travelling Solo Around Arabic Countries As A Western Woman for more information!
And if you’re looking for help on what to pack, have a read of the article What To Put In Carry On vs Checked Bag!
Where Is Abu Dhabi & The UAE?
The UAE is situated in the Middle East – more specifically in the Gulf (or Arabian Peninsula). This is the small peninsula of land separating Africa from Western Asia. The UAE is nestled between Saudi Arabia and Oman, facing the Persian Gulf (which separates the UAE from Iran). Other countries in the Gulf include Bahrain, Kuwait, Yemen and Qatar.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of The UAE, despite Dubai being the much more famous and bigger city of the two. Both cities are very close in distance though: there is less than 100 miles between them and it takes just over an hour to drive between the two.
Looking for Instagram captions for other global destinations? Check out these articles:
232 Los Angeles Captions & Quotes
130 Amsterdam Quotes For Instagram
170 New York Captions for Instagram!
155 Las Vegas Captions & Quotes
287 Mexico Quotes For Instagram
150 Chicago Captions for Instagram!
121 Hawaii Instagram Captions