Want ideas for Instagram captions about Amsterdam and looking for the best quotes and puns as well as Amsterdam hashtags? Amsterdam is an incredible city to explore, and undoubtedly one of the most fascinating cities in Europe. Whether you’re visiting Amsterdam for 24 hours, for several days, or even you live there, this city will capture your heart and you’ll always find plenty beautiful places. There are honestly photo opportunities around every corner here, whether it’s of the canals, the beautiful squares, the cute houses or the vibrant Red Light District.
So with all your Amsterdam Instagram photos you’ll most likely want to find some great captions about Amsterdam to go with them. This article cuts out all the hard work of trying to come up with a caption for your Instagram photo as it gives you all the best Instagram captions, puns and quotes about Amsterdam, as well as the best and most trending Amsterdam hashtags!
Whether you’re looking for some inspiration to visit Amsterdam or you need some captions to go along with your Instagram photos, you’ll find 130 Amsterdam captions here, from funny Amsterdam puns to meaningful captions and famous quotes. You’ll also find captions specifically about the Red Light District, Canals and Tulips as well as over 40 hashtags for your Amsterdam Instagram pictures right here!
Looking for Instagram captions for other cities? Check out these articles:
Best Amsterdam Instagram Captions
1. Amsterdam is calling and I must go
2. I left my heart in Amsterdam
3. Amsterdam, a city of sin and canals.
4. Hands up if you’ve fallen in love with Amsterdam
5. Some places just feel like home. Amsterdam is one of them
6. Doing this sweet thing called visiting Amsterdam
7. You call it a city of sin, I call it a city of freedom.
8. Happiness is holding tickets that say Amsterdam!
9. Yep, still rinsing the Amsterdam pics
10. Once upon a time in Amsterdam
11. You had me at goedemorgen
12. Never met a canal I didn’t like
13. AMS = absoloutely magical streets
Short Amsterdam Captions For Instagram
14. From Amsterdam with love
15. I’d rather be in Amsterdam
16. Postcard from Amsterdam
17. Daydreaming in Amsterdam
18. When in Amsterdam…
19. Gram the dam
20. I amsterdam
21. Amsterdam, I’m yours!
22. Goedemorgen Amsterdam
23. Small city, big heart
24. Dutch courage
25. I really, really like Amsterdam
26. Paradise isn’t always tropical
27. Meet me by the canal
28. P.S. I love Amsterdam
Amsterdam Captions About Bicycles
The locals all get around Amsterdam in bicycles and you’ll see them everywhere around the city! They make for some great Instagrammable photos, so here you’ll find captions about the Amsterdam bicycles!
29. My favourite city to pedal around in
30. The city of bikes
31. Biking my way through Amsterdam
32. I cycle therefore I Amsterdam
33. Bikers gonna bike
34. They say you never forget how to ride a bike. Let’s find out if that’s true
35. Cycling in Amsterdam was a piece of a pancake
36. Dreaming of this bike ride and this beautiful place
Amsterdam Puns & Funny Amsterdam Captions
37. ‘Dam good vibes
38. Doing it for the Amster-gram!
39. Having a ‘Dam good time in Amsterdam!
40. Well, I’ll be ‘Dam-ed
43. Amsterspamming your feed with photos from my trip
44. Amsterdam, I love you so Dutch
45. Dutch you just love Amsterdam?
46. Too Dutch of a good thing
47. You canal think what you want, but I’m never coming home!
48. What did the police get in Amsterdam? A massage in a brothel
More Funny Amsterdam Captions & Puns
50. Do you think our tu-lips should kiss? Methinks yes
51. Do you like windmills? ‘Cos the dutch are big fans!
53. Dutch is life
54. Dutch of a dutchness
55. Amsterdam definitely met our high expectations
56. In Amsterdam, everyone’s a bit of a cycle-path
59. Anne Frankly, I think this is the best weekend ever
Amsterdam Captions & Puns About Food & Drink
60. Amstel thinking of that time in Amsterdam when…
61. Amstel in love with Amsterdam
62. On the search for the best stroopwafel in Amsterdam
63. All you need is love and stroopwafel
64. Enjoying life one stroopwafel at a time
65. I had a waffle good time in Amsterdam
66. I didn’t strut through Amsterdam. I stroop-waffled along
Amsterdam Quotes For Instagram Captions
67. “Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth, it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin.” – John Green
68. “San Francisco is a lot like Amsterdam – free, open-minded and casual – though I expected better weather.”– Marcel Wanders
69. “I think Amsterdam is to Holland what New York is to America. It’s a metropolis, so it’s representative of Holland, but only a part of it – you know, it’s more extreme, there’s more happening, it’s more liberal and more daring than the countryside in Holland is.” – Anton Corbijn
70. “My experience in Amsterdam is that cyclists ride where the hell they like and aim in a state of rage at all pedestrians while ringing their bell loudly, the concept of avoiding people being foreign to them.”– Terry Pratchett
71. “The many cultures in Amsterdam contribute to the city’s high level of craziness – something which every interesting city should offer.” – Charles Landry
72. “Stand outside De Eland on the Berenstraat Bridge over the Prinsengracht and you see what real Amsterdam life is like.” – David Hewson
73. “What’s special about Amsterdam is that the city is able to connect worlds that are not otherwise connected.” – Marcel Wanders
74. “Amsterdam’s my favourite place to visit.” – Bianca Del Rio
75. “In Europe, I always have fun bike riding in Amsterdam.” – Ezra Koenig
76. “I can be a bit nerdy so I need a good, clearly marked map, as you can miss out on some of the coolest places in Amsterdam if you don’t have a wander down the little side streets.”– Gregory Porter
77. “I love Amsterdam. The city is vibrant and alive. It’s fresh and so open. It’s definitely one of my favourite places.” – Stefon Harris
More Amsterdam Quotes For Instagram Captions
78. “Amsterdam is like the rings of a tree: It gets older as you get closer to the centre.” – John Green
79. “Historic Amsterdam, that old part you first see when you turn up at Centraal Station, may have it’s monuments, but it’s also the most tawdry and overcrowded part of the city.’ – David Hewson
80. “Amsterdam lives and breathes creativity. One moment you walk into a building from the 17th century and the next you find yourself in a hub of creative start-up companies.” – Marcel Wanders
81. “You could spend your time with your nose buried in a guidebook, but Amsterdam really is best explored on foot, so you can stumble upon the city’s hidden gems. The architecture and the beauty of some of the buildings is also wonderful.” – Gregory Porter
82. “Amsterdam is not Holland. It is a city that attracts people from all over Holland. And lots of international tourists and party people.” – Eddy de Clercq
83. “Here people cycle with a reckless swagger, talking on the phone and eating breakfast.” – David Nicholls
84. “In a city like London, the fact that cultures live together and cross-fertilize is a beautiful and natural thing. The many cultures in Amsterdam contributed to the city’s high level of craziness – something which every interesting city should offer. But sometimes immigrants can live in parallel worlds which can exclude others and not be very attractive.” – Charles Landry
85. “Amsterdam is a breeding ground for new creative pursuits in many areas fuelled by a tolerance and openness to ideas unlike any other city I’ve been to. There is something for everyone here, especially when you dare to go off the beaten path.” – Marcel Wanders
86. “Martin said, “It feels as though part of my self has detached and gone to Amsterdam, where it—she—is waiting for me. Do you know about phantom limb syndrome?” Julia nodded. “There’s pain where she ought to be. It’s feeding the other pain, the thing that makes me wash and count and all that. So her absence is stopping me from going to find her. Do you see?”– Audrey Niffenegger
Quotes About Amsterdam Canals
87. “Amsterdam was a great surprise to me. I had always thought of Venice as the city of canals; it had never entered my mind that I should find similar conditions in a Dutch town.” – James Weldon Johnson
88. “Amsterdam has more than 150 canals and 1,250 bridges but it never seems crowded, nor bent and bitter from fleecing the tourist.” – Julie Burchill
89. “In Amsterdam, the water is the mistress and the land the vassal.” – Félix Martí Ibáñez
90. “Amsterdam. It is so cute and quaint. I rode bicycles around the city and through the tiny little streets, rented a paddleboat and had a picnic lunch on the canals.” – Bridget Marquardt
91. “In Amsterdam, the river and canals have been central to city life for the last four centuries.” – Janet Echelman
92. “But words are water in Amsterdam” – Jessie Burton
Many people visit The Netherlands in the spring to see the tulip fields. They are so vast, colourful and impressive and definitely deserve some attention on your Instagram feed! Here are some tulip quotes to go with your tulip photos.
93. “‘Tulip Fever’ did change my life. It did that thing that sometimes happens when a book takes off – it opened doors on to whole other worlds.” – Deborah Moggach
94. “Tulips were a tray of jewels.” – E.M.Forster
95. “A tulip doesn’t strive to impress anyone. It doesn’t struggle to be different than a rose. It doesn’t have to. It is different. And there’s room in the garden for every flower. You didn’t have to struggle to make your face different that anyone else’s on earth. It just is. You are unique because you were created that way. Look at little children in kindergarten. They’re all different without trying to be. As long as they’re unselfconsciously being themselves, they can’t help but shine. It’s only later, when children are taught to compete, to strive to be better than others, that their natural light becomes distorted.” – Marianne Williamson
96. “How can you be content to be in the world like tulips in a garden, to make a fine show, and be good for nothing.” – Mary Astell
Amsterdam Red Light District Quotes
97. “Most visitors to Amsterdam will wander into the red-light district out of sheer curiosity. The narrow streets are mostly safe day and night – just don’t try to take pictures of the women working in the windows.” – David Hewson
98. “I was told David Letterman and Kaufman had heart attacks on the same day. David Letterman’s heart attack was at a hospital in NYC. Kaufman’s heart attack was at the red light district in Amsterdam. I think Kaufman had more fun.” – Howard Stern
99. “When the Internet arrived in Ireland… it was like having Amsterdam’s Red Light District in your own living room.” – Tom Dunne
100. “Our city has a rich history, even though many tourists are only wanting to see the Red Light District.” – John Green
101. “Jan-Peter offered to teach me the language of Amsterdam’s Red Light District… but after his first phrase ‘Using the back door will cost you double’ I withdrew my request.” – Cristina Garcia
Amsterdam Marijuana Quotes
Whether or not you agree with the legalisation of marijuana in Amsterdam, there’s no getting away from it! Here are some marijuana quotes for your Amsterdam trip.
102. “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” – Bob Marley
103. “That is not a drug, it’s a leaf.’ – Arnold Schwarzeneggar
104. “Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn’t the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit… unnatural?” – Bill Hicks
105. “The legalisation of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.” – Sebastian Marincolo
106. “I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is a flower… God put it here.’ – Willie Nelson
107. “Is marijuana addictive? Yes, in the sense that most of the really pleasant things in life are worth endlessly repeating.” – Richard Neville
108. “Marijuana is quite possibly the finest of intoxicants. It has been scientifically proven, for decades, to be much less harmful to the body than alcohol when used on a regular basis. (Google ‘Science”)” – Nick Offerman
Quotes From Famous Dutch People & People Who Lived In Amsterdam
109. “I’m just a girl from Amsterdam.” – Eva Simons
110. “I often think that the night is more alive and more richly coloured than the day” – Van Gogh
111. “I am a village boy, and Amsterdam for me was always the big town.” – Anton Corbijn
112. “I have always lived in Amsterdam. During the war, we inhabited the Rivieren neighbourhood where many Jews lived at the time. Our downstairs neighbours were Jews, and there were also Jews a few houses from us. We saw how they were rounded up and taken away. That made a very great impression on me.” – Els Borst
113. “The Annex is an ideal place to hide in. It may be damp and lopsided, but there’s probably not a more comfortable hiding place in all of Amsterdam. No, in all of Holland.” – Anne Frank
Anne Frank Quotes
When you are in Amsterdam you must visit the Anne Frank House. Anne Frank was a young Jewish girl who went into hiding for 2 years in Amsterdam during the Nazi occupation of The Netherlands. She kept a diary of her experiences and you can visit the actual house where she hid from the Nazis. Anne Frank was very inspiring and there are many famous quotes written by her.
114. “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
115. “Whoever is happy will make others happy.” – Anne Frank
116. “Where there’s hope, there’s life. It fills us with fresh courage and makes us strong again.” – Anne Frank
117. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
118. “In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.” – Anne Frank
119. “Where there’s hope, there’s life. It fills us with fresh courage and makes us strong again.” – Anne Frank
120. “Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
121. “Memories mean more to me than dresses.” – Anne Frank
122. “As long as this exists, this sunshine and this cloudless sky, and as long as I can enjoy it, how can I be sad?” – Anne Frank
123. “The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is! – Anne Frank
124. “I think it’s odd that grown-ups quarrel so easily and so often and about such petty matters. Up to now I always thought bickering was just something children did and that they outgrew it.” – Anne Frank
125. “People can tell you to keep your mouth shut, but that doesn’t stop you from having your own opinion.” – Anne Frank
126. “Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude.” – Anne Frank
127. “But feelings can’t be ignored, no matter how unjust or ungrateful they seem.” – Anne Frank
128. “The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles” – Anne Frank
129. “I can’t imagine how anyone can say; ‘I’m weak’, and then remain so. After all, if you know it, why not fight against it, why not train you character?” – Anne Frank
130. “There’s only one rule you need to remember: laugh at everything and forget everybody else! It sounds egotistical, but it’s actually the only cure for those suffering from self-pity.” – Anne Frank
Here are the best 42 Amsterdam hashtags to use for your Instagram or TikTok!
#amsterdam #netherlands #holland #nederland #amsterdamcity #dutch #iamsterdam #instagood #amsterdamlife #amsterdamcanals #thenetherlands #travelphotography #travel #visitamsterdam #travelgram #haarlem #amsterdamshots #igersamsterdam #amsterdamworld #iloveamsterdam #amsterdamview #amsterdamfood #ajaxamsterdam #bestofamsterdam #thankyouamsterdam #amsterdam_streets #amsterdamn #loveamsterdam #awesomeamsterdam #amsterdamart #amsterdamgram #instaamsterdam #ig_amsterdam #newamsterdam #topamsterdamphoto #wonderlustamsterdam #denhaag #amsterdamweed #amsterdamnoord #amsterdamvibe #amsterdamcentraal #igamsterdam
Amsterdam Captions, Quotes, Puns & Hashtags Summary
I hope you got lots of inspiration and ideas from these Amsterdam Instagram captions, quotes, puns and hashtags and were able to find the perfect one to go with your photos! Whether it’s a famous quote, a funny pun or short caption, you’ll find one perfect for your Instagram photo of Amsterdam!
Do you know any other famous quotes or captions about Amsterdam? Feel free to leave any in the comments below if so!
Travel quotes inspire us all right? If you are looking for some more inspirational quotes check these out:
Best Sunset Captions & Quotes For Instagram
75 Best Inspirational Travel Adventure Quotes
Cabin Crew Quotes
Like this post on Amsterdam captions, quotes & puns? Pin it for later!