Looking for the best captions, quotes or puns about Australia?
Australia has been my home for over 4 years now and I just love this place. The landscapes are so varied, the wildlife is unique, and the beaches are just out of this world!
Whether you’re dreaming about your upcoming trip, you live in Australia or you’re looking for the perfect inspiration for a caption to go with your Australia photo on social media, there are so many quotes, captions and puns here to get you going!
Whether you’re doing a road trip from Cairns to Sydney, you’re visiting the beaches of Byron Bay, heading to Rottnest Island to see the quokkas, going swimming with the humpback whales, seeing the kangaroos in Jervis Bay or you’re checking out the Sydney Ocean Pools or Instagrammable spots in Melbourne, there are so many great things to do in Australia, and there are honestly photo opportunities around every corner!
Of course with all your Australia Instagram photos you’ll most likely want to find some fabulous captions to to go with them!
This article cuts out the hard work of trying to come up with a caption for your photo as it gives you all the best Instagram quotes, captions and puns about Australia – all in one spot!
You’ll find 120 Australia captions here, from funny puns to famous quotes and captions.
Pinky Beach on Rottnest Island, Western Australia – a short ferry ride from Fremantle or Perth
Best Quotes About Australia For Instagram
1. “Stop worrying about the world ending today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.” – Charles M. Schulz
2. “Australia, to the rest of the world, is just far away, and Australia in the Thirties was the faraway of the faraway.” – Baz Luhrmann
3. “Even the Australians don’t know how beautiful their own country is.” – Brian Cox
4. “I think Australia has to be a country which has the ‘Welcome’ sign out.” – Paul Keating
5. “There is no place in the world like Australia. Not even its beautiful neighbour New Zealand.” – Henry Rollins
6. “Australians have a free spirit and an ability to think outside the box, and that is why I like Australia so much.” – Brian Schmidt
7. “Australia is always a place that is dear to me; it is always my second home, and I try to get there as often as I can, but it is not next door, you know.” – Garfield Sobers
Funny Quotes About Australia
8. “People who say, ‘There’s nothing to fear from spiders’ have clearly never been to Australia.” – Cate Blanchett
9. “The only time an Australian ever walks is when his car runs out of petrol.” – Barry Richards
10. “Australia is fun, but completely exhausting and confusing because I never get on with the different time zone.” – Michael McIntyre
11. “I love Australia, and I especially love those rugby players.” – Jennifer Coolidge
12. “I like Australia, but every time I’m there, I feel like everybody’s being sarcastic because everyone’s so nice.” – Banks
13. “I love all kinds of insects, and I’ve heard Australia has some really interesting bugs.” – Aurora
14. “Every country is like a particular type of person. America is like a belligerent, adolescent boy; Canada is like an intelligent, 35-year-old woman. Australia is like Jack Nicholson. It comes right up to you and laughs very hard in your face in a highly threatening and engaging manner.” – Douglas Adams
Short Quotes About Australia
15. “Australia is a wild place.” – Kurt Vile
16. “Australia is about as far away as you can get. I like that.” – Andre Benjamin
17. “Australia is just so full of surprises.” – Bill Bryson
18. “Once people come to Australia, they join the team.” – Tony Abbott
19. “I love Australia!” – Art Alexakis
20. “It’s always hot in Australia.” – Angelique Kerber
21. “Leaving Australia was the hardest thing I have ever done.” – Barry Gibb
22. “I try to get back to Australia as much as possible.” – Teresa Palmer
23. “Australia is breathtakingly beautiful, and I can’t wait to visit again.” – Joe Nichols
24. “Australia is my lens. I cannot see the world any other way.” – Peter Carey
Sunset over Bondi Beach – the start of the stunning Bondi to Bronte Coastal Walk.
Inspiring Quotes About Australia
25. “Australia is a phenomenally beautiful country, and every time I go away and come back, it never ceases to amaze me.” – David Wenham
26. “After going to Australia, it’s hard to go anywhere after that. I want to move there. I’m obsessed with it.” – Nina Dobrev
27. “Alone of all the races on earth, they seem to be free from the ‘grass is greener on the other side of the fence’ syndrome, and roundly proclaim that Australia is, in fact, the other side of that fence.” – Douglas Adams
28. “I was fortunate enough to visit a lot of beautiful places around the world. The most astonishing and memorable experiences were my trips to Africa and Australia.” – Karolina Kurkova
29. “Australia is a nation of compassion. Courage and compassion. And the third of these great values: resilience.” – Kevin Rudd
30. “Coming to Australia, it was just really magical for me. It just had the wow factor of a different sort of place.” – Saroo Brierley
31. “Australia is so cool that it’s hard to even know where to start describing it. The beaches are beautiful; so is the weather. Not too crowded. Great food, great music, really nice people. It must be a lot like Los Angeles was many years ago.” – Mary-Kate Olsen
Horse riding along the beach in Byron Bay, NSW – one of the best things to do in Australia’s trendiest beach town.
Cute Quotes About Australia
32. “I have always been attracted to Australians and Australia.” – Elizabeth Hurley
33. “I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains.” – Bill Bryson, Down Under
34. “I’ve never had a cold Christmas, as I always spend it back home in Australia.” – Mallory Jansen
35. “Way of life in Australia focuses more on the outdoors.” – Thomas Muster
36. “Australia is a huge rest home, where no unwelcome news is ever wafted on to the pages of the worst newspapers in the world.” – Germaine Greer
37. “In Australia, not reading poetry is the national pastime.” – Phyllis McGinley
38. “Australia lives with a strange contradiction – our national image of ourselves is one of the Outback, and yet nearly all us live in big cities. Move outside the coastal fringe, and Australia can feel like a foreign country.” – Kate Grenville
39. “When I have a bad day, I dream about opening up a gelato stand on the streets of Sydney, Australia. Doesn’t everyone have a random escape fantasy?” – Nancy Lublin
The Pass – one of the best surfing beaches in Byron Bay, NSW
Quotes About Living In Australia
40. “There’s an ease that I have living in Australia. The best things about Sydney are free: the sunshine’s free, and the harbour’s free, and the beach is free.” – Russell Crowe
41. “To live in Australia permanently is rather like going to a party and dancing all night with one’s mother.” – Barry Humphries
42. “I love London. I love the U.K., but if I was going to live anywhere else on Earth, it would be Australia.” – Tom Parker Bowles
43. “I think Australia is just a great place to bring up a family.” – Anthony Pratt
44. “You don’t leave Australia unless you are passionate. Any Australian actor who comes to America is really committed. There are no dabblers – it’s all or nothing.” – Margot Robbie
45. “Everyone knows how much Australia means to me. I try to get back here as much as I can, but normally it’s for work, so I’m in and out and jetlagged and stressed.” – Kylie Minogue
46. “I live in a town called Beerwah, right in the middle of Australia Zoo. It’s not hustle and bustle and busy, so that’s helpful. We travel all over the world, but I’ve always been able to come home and run around in the middle of the Australian outback.” – Bindi Irwin
The stunning beaches along the White Sands Walk in Jervis Bay, NSW – home to some of the whitest sand in the world.
Australian Proverbs and Puns
47. The Sydney’s Knees
48. The Melbourne Identity
49. Australia crocs my world
50. I Cairns believe I’m in Australia!
51. I love Australia. I’m just wondering wallaby back?
52. For the Darwin
53. I Canberra to be away from you
54. Having a Perth-fect day!
55. A roo with a view
56. Don’t take it Perth-onally.
57. A trip to Australia is always emu-sing
58. I wish I may, I vegemite, have the wish I wish tonight
59. You’re the Brisbane of my existence
60. You say it’s your Perth-day
Read More: Perth Captions & Quotes
Wild kangaroos at Heirisson Island – less than 1km from Perth CBD
Australia Instagram Captions
61. Outback hair, don’t care
62. Time to put some shrimp on the barbie…
63. Meanwhile, in Australia…
64. I followed my heart, and it led me to Australia
65. Here for the views and koalas
66. Today’s forecast: 100% chance of surfing and sunshine.
67. You had me at ‘G’day Mate!’
68. Exploring Oz
69. Sorry, can’t make it, got a (surf)board meeting.
70. Once upon a time in Australia…
71. From Australia, with love.
72. Life is better down under
73. Life’s a wave. Catch it.
74. If in doubt, paddle out.
75. And so the adventure begins
76. They say ‘Do what makes you happy’ so I came to Sydney.
77. Gone to see kangaroos.
78. Made for the sea.
79. I left my heart down under.
Lancelin Sand Dunes in Western Australia – a 1.5 hour drive north of Perth
Visiting Australia Quotes
80. “Australia’s a place I’ve always wanted to visit because of the beautiful beaches. I am surprised by how cosmopolitan the cities are; it wasn’t what I expected.” – Sara Sampaio
81. “I want to go to Australia and take the same goofy picture of me holding a koala that everyone else takes.” – Jessi Klein
82. “I’ve always wanted to go to Australia. I hear it’s a great place. I mean, kangaroos are pretty awesome. That’s an up factor.” – Zachary Gordon
83. “Australia is one of my favourite places to play – it’s a crazy experience.” – Trombone Shorty
84. “The more I go to Australia, the more I realise how enormous the country is and how much there is to see. There’s really nowhere like it.” – Kate Garraway
85. “There’s an expression in Australia that’s called ‘Go Bush,’ which means to get out of the city and relax. I try and ‘go bush’ to places where there’s no cell reception. But, I don’t get to do that often, so for the most part, it’s just a state of mind.” – Cate Blanchett
86. “It is in the national interest to have the Flying Kangaroo. It’s in the interests of our tourism industry. It’s in the interests of jobs here in Australia.” – Anthony Albanese
87. “That’s one of the things I miss most about Australia – the countryside.” – Yvonne Strahovski
88. “There’s very little bohemia in Australia and it’s one of the things I miss most about not living in Europe.” – Rachel Ward
Dreamtime Beach at Fingal Head, NSW – often listed as one of the most beautiful beaches in the whole of Australia
Love Australia Quotes
89. “I love coming to Australia. It’s one of my favourite places.” – Jillionaire
90. “I love Australia; it was a really, really nice experience for me. It’s such a beautiful place. The people are beautiful – like, really beautiful – and they are beautiful in terms of their personalities. It’s a great place to be. It’s like you are in a little bit of a dream world.” – Shawn Mendes
91. “I kind of assumed all of Australia was like the Gold Coast – so I was telling people Australians just work out and go to the beach. Like, Australia has it figured out! But then I went to Sydney, and it was nothing like the Gold Coast – but I still loved it.” – Yahya Abdul-Mateen II
92. “Australia was great. I would advise anybody to go there. In fact, if you couldn’t live here, Australia would be the place to live. It’s the most Americanized country that I’ve ever seen in the world.” – Jerry Lawler
93. “I’d love to come to Australia. I’d love to walk about the Sydney Opera House.” – Nik Wallenda
94. “Australia is my favorite place to visit.” – Ronnie Coleman
95. “I love Australia. I love the people there; they are fantastic. The business opportunities are endless.” – Anthony Pratt
96. “I have visited Australia several times, and I always try to make a point of going to Melbourne because it’s almost my favorite city there, Melbourne and Sydney. But I shouldn’t say that because I haven’t been everywhere and I’m very fond of Perth too!” – Jackie Collins
Quotes About Australian Culture
97. “I’ve been to Australia several times, and I just like the earthiness; it’s part of the culture. That’s a really good vibe to be around.” – Erin Heatherton
98. “I think when you come to Australia you immediately get the sense of fitness and taking care of yourself and being healthy, and it really shows.” – Tinie Tempah
99. “Both my parents are English and came out to Australia in 1967. I was born the following year. My parents, and immigrants like them, were known as ‘£10 poms.’ Back then, the Australian government was trying to get educated British people and Canadians – to be honest, educated white people – to come and live in Australia.” – Hugh Jackman
100. “At first, I was called a quack, a charlatan, and worse, year after year, in Australia, England and the United States, by men who simply refused to believe that a nurse from ‘the bush’ could devise a treatment which succeeded where they had failed.” – Elizabeth Kenny
101. “I love food, all types of food. I love Korean food, Japanese, Italian, French. In Australia, we don’t have a distinctive Australian food, so we have food from everywhere all around the world. We’re very multicultural, so we grew up with lots of different types of food.” – Hugh Jackman
Fremantle Market – one of the best places to visit in Fremantle, Western Australia
Quotes About Australia’s History And Geography
102. “Australia is the most isolated continent.” – Jared Diamond
103. “In particular, Australia, because of its ancient geography, soil profile and distinctive weather patterns, is more adversely affected by climate variability than some other continents.” – Peter Garrett
104. “It may seem hard to believe – unless you sit down and taste them – but some of the world’s greatest sweet wines are made in the Rutherglen region of Victoria, Australia.” – Robert. M Parker, Jr
105. “Captain Cook discovered Australia looking for the Terra Incognita. Christopher Columbus thought he was finding India but discovered America. History is full of events that happened because of an imaginary tale.” – Umberto Eco
Quotes About Australia’s Aboriginal Culture And History
106. “At its best, Aboriginal art has been effective in translating an entire culture and the understanding of an entire continent. Indeed, the more we interpret Australia through Aboriginal eyes, through the experience of their long and epic story, the more we allow ourselves to understand the land we share.” – Paul Keating
107. “A community, once it realises that its language is in danger, can get its act together and introduce measures which can genuinely revitalise. You’ve seen it happen in Australia with several Aboriginal languages. And it’s happening in other countries, too.” – David Crystal
108. “I have the greatest respect for Aborigine people, to whom I owe everything. The time I spent with members of the Pijantjatjara and Pintupi tribes in Australia was a transformative experience for me and one that has deeply and indelibly informed my entire life and art.” – Marina Abramovic
109. “I lived for a couple of years when I was 9 years old on beautiful Aboriginal sacred land in a town of a thousand people in northwestern Australia. It’s where the Aborigines are still very connected to their culture, the Dreamtime culture. It was really quite a special experience.” – Isabel Lucas
110. “The Apology opened the opportunity for a new relationship based on mutual respect and mutual responsibility between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australia. Because without mutual respect and mutual responsibility, the truth is we can achieve very little.” – Kevin Rudd
The beautiful Elephant Rocks near Denmark, Western Australia
Best Sydney Instagram Captions
111. Sydney is a city that has it all.
112. Sydney is the city of sun, sand, and surf!
113. Sending lots of love from Sydney!
114. No matter how many times I visit, Sydney always feels like home.
115. Sydney, you’re always a good idea.
116. Today’s good mood is sponsored by Sydney.
117. Sydney, you’re always having a good time.
118. Sydney dreamin’.
119. Lost in the urban jungle of Sydney.
120. I’d rather be in Sydney.
Gold Coast, QLD
Australia Captions, Quotes & Puns Summary
Hopefully you got lots of inspiration and ideas from these Australia Instagram quotes, captions and puns and were able to find a great one to go with your photos!
Do you know any other captions or quotes about Australia? Let me know in the comments below if so!