Heading to Thailand and looking for the best quotes, captions or puns about Bangkok?
Bangkok is an incredibly exciting city, and whether you’re dreaming about your upcoming trip or looking for inspiration for a caption to go with your Bangkok photo on social media, there are lots of captions, puns, and quotes here to get you going!
Bangkok captures the heart and soul of many, from the floating markets to the Marble Temple, the Reclining Buddha, the tuk-tuks, the rooftop bars and the legendary Khao San Road, there are plenty of spots you’ll want to capture in the perfect photograph.
Whether you’re in Bangkok for 4 days, 4 weeks, or even you have just moved here – it’s a city full of life and there are many stunning photo spots.
Of course with all your Instagrammable photos of Bangkok you’ll most likely want to find some fabulous captions to to go with them!
This article cuts out the hard work of trying to come up with a caption for your photo as it gives you all the best Instagram quotes, captions and puns and quotes about Bangkok.
You’ll find 209 Bangkok captions here, from famous quotes to funny puns and fun captions. And there’s plenty of general Thailand quotes, captions and puns here if you need too!
Short Quotes About Bangkok
1. “I packed my bags and I moved to Bangkok, Thailand. I spent a year there like completely isolated, no Wi-Fi.” – Dennis Lloyd
2. “From what I’ve seen so far, Bangkok is a really lively and interesting city; I hope I get to visit again sometime soon!” – Colin Edwards
3. “The first I heard of the beach was in Bangkok, on the Ko Sanh Road.” – Alex Garland
4. “I’d love to visit Thailand someday just for the street food and the energy of a city like Bangkok.” – Bobby Flay
5. “If I sell a ticket to Bangkok and the guy solicits kids into his condo, am I liable?” – Steve Danishek
Best Quotes About Bangkok, Thailand
6. “What it boils down to is that when you say the word Las Vegas it means something. You could say New York City and it doesn’t really mean anything. When you say a word like Bangkok, in my mind it means something. There’s not a lot of cities where the world literally brings a picture to your mind.” – Todd Phillips
7. “Bangkok is the queen of 3 a.m., the spiritual home of those hours that are dead in most places of the world but lit up here with a carnival intensity.” – Pico Iyer
8. “Behind a bend of the Maenam, the entire town of Bangkok appeared in sight. I do not believe there is a sight in the world more magnificent or more striking.“ – Ludovic Marquis de Beauvoir
9. “Travel is very subjective. What one person loves, another loathes. I would say a private paradise in the Caribbean. If you want culture and class, I would say Tuscany. If you want exotic, I would say Bangkok, Thailand.” – Robin Leach
10. “Bangkok, though, is a rejuvenating tonic; the people seem to have found the magic elixir. Life, a visitor feels, has not been wasted on the Thais.“ – Bernard Kalb
11. “If you are in Bangkok, you will find that people there will never speak to you without joining their hands. It’s not that they are speaking to you like that because you are tourists. They even speak at their home like that.” – Akshay Kumar
Read Next: Inspirational Travel Quotes
Funny Quotes About Bangkok
12. “Bangkok, like Las Vegas, sounds like a place where you make bad decisions.” – Todd Phillips
13. “Bangkok is also safe. If you see anybody wearing camouflage holding a machete, don’t be scared. They sell coconuts.” -Bobby Lee
14. “How I love Bangkok! It’s so teeming with everything that should be forbidden. I’m not just talking about the sex trade. I also mean the ways of driving, the ways of putting up buildings, environmental management arrangements, the continual attention of con artists and snatch-thieves, and the quaint local custom of peeing in side-streets.” – John Dolan
15. “I didn’t get the impression that the policeman cared much about the whole thing either. After another thirty minutes of ruthless interrogation (‘Can you verify you eat banana’ pancake?’) he let me go asking me not to leave Khao San within 24 hours.” – Alex Garland
Quotes About Food In Bangkok
16. “I landed in 1980 in Bangkok, and I stopped to eat ten times between the airport and the hotel. It was all lemongrass and ginger and chillies.” – Jean-Georges Vongerichten
17. “The food and the people in Thailand never let you down and Bangkok is an astonishing place – the culture’s lovely and gentle.” – Dave Myers
18. “Today, Bangkok cuisine can be described as an indigenous Central cuisine with heavy influences from a heady blend of foreign cultures – Chinese, Mon, Persian, Portuguese, modern European, North American, and more – resulting in a beautiful, quirky mix that locals and visitors alike can’t get enough of.” – Leela Punyaratabandhu
19. “As the capital, Bangkok is naturally the first city that comes to mind when people think of Thailand, and as the center of government, Bangkok does represent the entire country. But culturally and culinarily, the city can not be considered representative of any other place but itself – not even the Central region of which it is part. In other words, Bangkok is unique and so is its food.” – Leela Punyaratabandhu
Inspiring Quotes About Bangkok
20. “Perfect is boring and dreams are not real. Just… do. So you think, “I wish I could travel.” Great. Sell your crappy car, buy a ticket to Bangkok, and go. Right now. I’m serious.” – Shonda Rhimes
21. “I beg young people to travel. If you don’t have a passport, get one. Take a summer, get a backpack and go to Delhi, go to Saigon, go to Bangkok, go to Kenya. Have your mind blown. Eat interesting food. Dig some interesting people. Have an adventure. Be careful. Come back and you’re going to see your country differently, you’re going to see your president differently, no matter who it is. Music, culture, food, water. Your showers will become shorter. You’re going to get a sense of what globalization looks like.” – Henry Rollins
22. “Getting to places like Bangkok or Singapore was a hell of a sweat. But when you got there it was the back of beyond. It was just a series of small tin sheds.” – David Attenborough
23. “When I was 18, I took a trip to Thailand with a friend. We stayed for a month. Bangkok was very raw for a teenager: there were no cellphones, no Internet, and the only music I had with me was this cassette by Liz Phair. I was writing a lot of poetry, and she embodied a talky style of songwriting that I found very accessible.” – Jenny Lewis
24. “Thailand was never a European colony, so even though the city is very Western on the surface, deep down it’s very Asian. It’s quite enigmatic, and I like that. I can’t get to the bottom of Bangkok, and I never will.“ – Lawrence Osborne
25. “In the last workshop I taught, a woman flew in from Thailand. She’s a medical doctor in Bangkok. I asked her in her one-on-one session where she wanted photography to be in her life. Did she want a second career? Was it about earning money? Or was it art? And she said “None of those. I want photography to be serious in my life.” It would be like someone wanting music, like piano playing, to be a richer, deeper, and maybe even harder experience.” – Sam Abell
26. “Ho Chi Minh City is crowded, noisy, untidy and chaotic. I miss the orderly life of suburban America and the comfort of my apartment and my truck when I’m here, but when I get back in the USA I miss the craziness of Ho Chi Minh City or Bangkok.” – Doug Rice
Read Next: 10 Best things to do in Ho Chi Minh City
Short Bangkok Instagram Captions
27. Lost in Bangkok
28. Meet me in Bangkok
29. Dreaming about Bangkok.
30. Sleepless nights in Bangkok.
31. Bangkok : I am in love.
32. Bangkok made me do it.
33. Bangkok is the place for me.
34. From Bangkok with love.
35. Meanwhile, in Bangkok…
36. Left my heart in Bangkok.
37. Happiness is being in Bangkok
Best Bangkok Instagram Captions
38. City streets and movie scenes.
39. Better than my wildest dreams.
40. Making memories in Bangkok.
41. Current aesthetic: Bangkok.
42. Bangkok is a feast for the eyes
43. Bangkok is always a good idea.
44. Postcard from Bangkok.
Funny Bangkok Captions
45. I may have left my heart in Bangkok but at least I came back with a suitcase full of souvenirs
46. I left my heart in Bangkok, better go get it.
47. The only thing hotter than the weather in Bangkok is the food
48. All roads lead to Bangkok.
49. Bangkok: Where the tuk-tuks are wild and the adventures are endless
50. Follow your heart they said. My heart led me to Bangkok
51. Tuk-tuking around Bangkok
52. Let’s get lost in Bangkok.
Funny Bangkok Thailand Puns For Instagram Captions
53. Chitty, chitty Bangkok.
55. I’m a-baht to catch my flight to Bangkok
56. Bangkok is a really en-Thai-sing city
57. Why did the couple go to Bangkok? They wanted to Thai the knot!
58. Well you tuk-tuk your time
59. Come and tuk-tuk me into bed.
60. If two kids from Bangkok enter a race, who would win? Nobody, it’s a Thai.
61. I’m having a Thai-riffic time in Bangkok
62. Having a great Thai-m in Bangkok.
63. Why is it a bad idea for Bangkok to host the Olympics? Because all events will end with Thais.
Thailand Temple Captions For Instagram
64. The wats in Thailand are probably the most blinging places I have ever seen.
65. It’s not a Thai temple unless it’s dripping in gold.
66. Another day, another temple.
67. Wat the heck! This temple is stunning
68. Golden moments in another blinged out temple.
69. Wat a view.
70. Wat an amazing Temple!
71. Cue the golden temples and turquoise waters.
Short Thailand Captions For Instagram
72. Postcard from Thailand.
73. Hello from paradise.
74. Sawadee ka, Thailand!
75. Follow me to Thailand.
76. Thailand fills my soul.
77. Thailand makes me happy.
78. Thailand dreaming.
79. In love with Thailand
80. Falling hard for Thailand.
81. Meanwhile, in Thailand…
82. Falling in love with Thailand.
83. Thailand is my therapy.
84. Thailand is always on my mind.
85. Lost in Thailand.
Best Thailand Captions For Instagram
86. Sunsets are just better in Thailand.
87. Beach, spa, party – Thailand is the ultimate getaway.
88. What’s not to love about Thailand?
89. Thailand is what paradise must feel like.
90. I’m in a good place right now. Not emotionally, I’m just in Thailand.
91. Physically at home, mentally on a beach in Thailand.
92. Thailand is calling, and I must go.
93. Once upon a time, in Thailand
94. Headed to Thailand, be back never.
95. It’s bad manners to keep Thailand waiting.
96. Life is too short. Book that ticket to Thailand.
Cute Thailand Captions For Instagram
97. Exploring Thailand one tuk-tuk ride at a time
98. Adventure awaits in Thailand
99. They say ‘do what you love’ so I travelled to Thailand
100. My bucket list just got longer after exploring Thailand
101. Just another day in paradise…or as they call it here, Thailand
102. It’s bad manners to keep Thailand waiting
103. Thailand: the land of smiles and endless exploration
Funny Thailand Puns
104. Thai Tanic.
105. My trip to Thailand really was the Thai-cing on the cake!
106. The game ended in a Thai.
107. “You won’t be Thai Thai.
108. What a Thai-m to be alive!”
109. Eye of the Thai-ger.
110. What are you talking a-baht?
111. Hold me Thai-ter.
112. Thai and stop me.
113. Thai-m for paradise.
114. It sure is rice to be here.
115. I’m having the Thai-m of my life in Thailand
116. You can’t Thai me down
117. Living the Thai life.
118. I’m tongue Thai’d.
119. This is the best Thai food I’ve ever pad.
Thai Food Captions For Instagram
120. The taste of Thai Curry is as rich as its culture.
121. The first slurp of Pad Thai noodles will always be unforgettable.
122. Never miss a Thai food feast.
123. Boost your appetite with a bite of Som Tam.
124. I could never cut ties with my love for Panang Curry.
125. I start and end my day with Khao Pad.
126. Som Tam is the best way to enjoy papaya.
127. You know it’s good when it’s Thai food.
128. I crave Thai curry like it’s the only dish in the world.
129. Khao Pad knows which spot to hit to satisfy you when you’re hungry.
130. Just a little bit of everything Thai.
131. Rice, when fried, is a Thai masterpiece.
132. The taste of Thai food lingers in your mouth like it’s my homeland. I’m not even Thai!
133. You gotta roll with the spring roll.
134. I’m here because I was told there would be Pad Thai.
Fun Thai Food Captions For Instagram
135. Thai food is my soulmate
136. Here for the Pad Thai.
137. Thai street food = heaven on earth
138. “It’s not gluttony if it’s Thai food.”
139. My daily workout routine in Thailand: walking to the nearest street food stall and back
140. Thailand stole my heart but the spicy food stole my tastebuds!
141. Relationship status: in love with Thai green curry.
142. Bangkok stole my heart…and my taste buds!
143. I came for the beaches but stayed for the cocktails…and the sunsets…and the street food
144. When in Bangkok, do as the locals do…and eat ALL the street food
145. Forget fine dining, give me all the street food goodness
146. Life’s too short to not eat mango sticky rice in Thailand
147. Somehow, everything just tastes better here.
148. Just here for the mango sticky rice.
Funny Thai Food Puns For Instagram
149. Yeah, you got that Tom Yum-my yum.
150. In Thailand, I love a Khao Soi latte.
151 We ate a delicious dinner and then stayed up to watch the sun-rice.
152. Rice and shine!
153. The best Thai gameshow is The Family Gang Jued.
154. This is the best Thai food I’ve ever pad.
155. Bangkok, I a-durian you!
156. Curry on!
157. Keep calm and curry on.
158. It’s so easy it’s a piece of banana pancake.
159. It sure is rice to be here!
160. The Mamas and the Papayas.
161. I’m coconuts for Thailand.
162. Monkey Pad See, Monkey Ew.
163. Kiss my glass noodles.
Inspiring Thailand Captions For Instagram
164. I came, I saw, I got lost in Thailand
165. Born to roam. Everywhere is home.
166. Found my happy place.
167. In Thailand, the colors are brighter, the smiles are wider and the experiences are richer
168. Thailand, where every moment feels like a dream come true
169. Thailand has captured my heart and I don’t think I’ll ever get it back
Short Thailand Quotes For Instagram Captions
170. “I wanted to see Thailand. So I went. And I had a good time.“ — F. Murray Abraham
171. “Thailand is a really beautiful place, culturally and spiritually. You appreciate it the longer you stay.“ — Goldie
72. “I like Thailand, and I love coming to Asia with the whole vibe, food, temperature, and climate.“ — Alistair Overeem
173. “One of the dreams on my wish list is to spend more time in Thailand.“ — Kevin Kwan
174. “Thailand was a revelation to me; the landscapes, the culture, the food and the people.“ — Fiona Bruce
175. “Once I decided to move to Thailand, it changed all my life and my personality.“ — Jasmine Jazz
176. “Thailand stands at a crossroads.“ — Thaksin Shinawatra
177. “Thailand was the transforming experience of my life. Thailand is where I grew up.“ — Charles Murray
178. “I want Thailand to be a peaceful country.“ — Thaksin Shinawatra
179. “Thailand was built on compassion.“ — Bhumibol Adulyadej
Fun Quotes About Food In Thailand
180. “OH MY GOD! In Thailand, they’ve got the spiciest food I’ve ever had in my life!“ — Nick Carter
181. “The first thing I do whenever I go to Thailand is to seek out the closest restaurant or stall selling mango-and-sticky rice: it’s a little hillock of glutinous rice drenched in lashings of coconut milk and served with fresh mango.“ — Hanya Yanagihara
182. “I’m a bit of a gourmet chef. I love cooking mostly – Thai Food.” – Will Ferrel
183. “Food is almost certainly the best way to learn about Thailand. I was both overwhelmed by and obsessed with Thailand’s cuisine, but I also found the food a way to improve my language skills, meet people, and learn about the culture.“ — Austin Bush
184. “Street stalls, be they in Korea, Thailand or anywhere else in Asia, in a covered market or simply on a street corner with a few brightly colored plastic stools and tables, are my favorite places in the world to eat.“ — John Torode
185. “Pain is temporary but Pad Thai is forever.” — Anonymous
186. “I love the food in Thailand because of the exotic spices they use. Their style of cooking is unique to their culture and always amazing.“ — Venus Williams
Visiting Thailand Quotes For Instagram Captions
187. “I’ve never been to Thailand and I’ve only heard good things about it. I really want to make my way there.“ — Izabel Goulart
188. “I took my son to Thailand and really immersed myself in the stuff I wanted to learn and I wanted to improve on, and when I got a taste of that motivation and that inspiration as far as what I wanted to see my body do, I immediately was excited about it.“ — Cat Zingano
189. “I’ve been to Indonesia, but I’ve never been to Thailand. I hear the people are lovely, the food is delicious, and that the heat and humidity are lethal.“ — Ed Helms
190. “No Visit to Thailand is complete without a visit to an elephant sanctuary. We were happy to see well-treated elephants at Nosey Parkers in Ao Nang.“ — Tony Hadley
191. “The attractions of Thailand for me are the shops and the colourful street markets. There are loads of bargains and it’s a dream destination for shopaholics like myself.“ — Gok Wan
192. “I’ve enjoyed so many fantastic holidays over the years, but some of my best have been in Thailand.“ — Gok Wan
193. “You take a vacation to a place like Thailand and you’re ready for the excitement of something new and foreign. But when you’re working 14-hour days, all you want is something familiar to ground you. And there’s just nothing there.“ — Ed Helms
194. “A man in Thailand was arrested with more than 10,000 pairs of stolen underwear. Legal experts are expecting a brief trial.“ — Jimmy Fallon
Thought-Provoking Quotes About Bangkok
195. “In Mexico City, Tehran, Kolkata, Bangkok, Shanghai, and hundreds of other cities, the air is no longer safe to breathe. In some cities, the air is so polluted that breathing is equivalent to smoking two packs of cigarettes per day.” – Lester R. Brown
196. “I think it is immensely difficult to get the U.S. interested in non-U.S. topics. I don’t think this is because the average American reader is disinterested, but more because of publishers playing it safe: if a thriller based in L.A. is a sure winner, why spend money plugging one based in Paris – or Bangkok?” – John Burdett
197. “Yeah. A feeling. Like the whole point of my life from the alleys in Bangkok to the yachts and private island to coming here like a crazy person trying to fly a helicopter like all of it from birth to here point A to point Z was all some big cosmic trick to get me to meet you.” – Sanjit to Lana -Michael Grant
198. “Even if I turned myself in, it wouldn’t change anything. It wouldn’t make me one of them. I knew that when I got my powers, but really I knew it before then. I learned it as a child on my first day of school, on the warm rainy streets of Bangkok, and in college. If you’re different you always know it, and you can’t fix it even if you want to. What do you do when you find out your heart is the wrong kind? You take what you’re given, and be the hero you can be. Hero to your own cold, inverted heart.” –Austin Grossman
199. “One of my favorite vacation memories was the Thai foot massage and Internet access salons in Bangkok, followed up by my testing cellphone coverage while wading in Provincetown Harbor on Cape Cod.” – Kara Swisher
200. “Because wherever I sat—on the deck of a ship or at a street café in Paris or Bangkok—I would be sitting under the same glass bell jar, stewing in my own sour air.” – Sylvia Plath
201. “I joined Khalsa College just opposite Don Bosco in class XI, but soon I quit studies and was sent to Bangkok by my father to learn martial arts, as that is the only place we could afford given that I would also work there to support my training.” –Akshay Kumar
202. “When I was in Thailand, I went into the up-country because Marco Polo didn’t get down into the flesh pots of Bangkok because they didn’t exist in those days.” – Gary Jennings
203. “If you’re a VIP executive from some company and staying in a five-star hotel in Bangkok and just going to meetings there or at your company office there, then your risk is very, very different from a student backpacker in college.” – Phyllis Kozarsky
Quotes About Films / Books Set In Bangkok
204. “Films that are made in Hong Kong, Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo and Bangkok tend to feed off each other and multiply the potential of Asian cinema.” – Marco Muller
205. “Comedies are just never that expensive quite frankly. They really aren’t. We aren’t doing green screen shooting, so even Hangover II in Bangkok might seem like it’s expensive, you’re flying over and back, but they’re just not that expensive to make when you do it the way we do it which is very focused and I’ve done it before.” – Todd Phillips
206. “Bangkok 8 is one of the most startling and provocative mysteries that I’ve read in years. The characters are marvelously unique, the setting is intoxicating and the plot unwinds in dark illusory strands, reminiscent of Gorky Park. Once I started, I didn’t want to put it down.” – Carl Hiaasen
Quotes About Governments & Bangkok
207. “Never before has information been so important, to governments and businesses alike. And please don’t imagine that some of you gathered here today may be less concerned than others. Globalization means that the “butterfly effect” is everywhere at work. The mistakes of a stockbroker in Singapore or the collapse of the Baht in Bangkok, the decisions of a Finnish industrial concern, or what the Governor of Minas Gerais in Brazil decides to do about his State’s debt, have had consequences for the world as a whole.” – Jacques Chirac
208. “The talks in Bangkok were almost on the verge of collapse with the Indian government failing to respond positively to our demands.” – Kraibo Chawang
209. “I’m sure that President Johnson would never have pursued the war in Vietnam if he’d ever had a Fulbright to Japan, or say Bangkok, or had any feeling for what these people are like and why they acted the way they did. He was completely ignorant.” –J. William Fulbright
Bangkok Quotes, Captions & Puns Summary
Hopefully you got plenty of ideas and inspiration from these Bangkok quotes, captions and puns for Instagram and were able to find the perfect one to go with your photos!
Whether it’s an inspiring captions, a funny pun or famous quote you’ll find one perfect for your Bangkok photo!
Do you know any other captions or quotes about Bangkok? Pop them down in the comments below if so!