Everyone loves good old inspirational travel quotes – there’s just something special about them as they help to express feelings you felt when you were travelling. For years I’ve loved reading travel adventure quotes whenever I am in need of something inspirational!
Now I’ve finally compiled the ultimate list of my favourite travel quotes – complete with my favourite photographs I have taken on my world travels over the last decade! Get ready for the most inspirational and motivational travel adventure quotes to fuel that wanderlust!!
BEST INSPIRATIONAL TRAVEL QUOTES
- Not all those who wander are lost. – J. R. R. Tolkien
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. – Augustine of Hippo
3. Travel opens your heart, broadens your mind and fills your life with stories to tell.
4. It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
5. If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it’s lethal. – Paulo Coelho
6. Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.
7. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
8. Great things never came from comfort zones.
9. Travel is my therapy.
10. We have nothing to lose and a world to see.
11. Life is short and the world is wide.
12. To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. – Aldous Huxley
13. Oh, the places you’ll go! – Dr Seuss
14. Say yes to new adventures.
15. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Helen Keller
16. Adventure is worthwhile. – Aesop
17. Live to travel. Travel to live.
18. If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.
19. Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.
20. Collect moments, not things.
21. Age is no barrier when it comes to travel.
22. Adventures are the best way to learn.
23. Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret.
24. As long as we don’t die, this is going to make one hell of a story. – John Green
25. Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.
26. Don’t call it a dream. Call it a plan.
27. Travel is the healthiest addiction.
28. Oh darling, let’s be adventurers.
29. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. – Neale Donald Walsch
30. We travel, initially to lose ourselves, and then we travel to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again – to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more. – Pico Iyer
31. Travel makes you realise that no matter how much you know, there’s always more to learn.
32. Travel. Your money will return. Your time won’t.
33. The road less travelled is the road to adventures.
34. Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world. – Gustave Flaubert
35. Travel is not reward for working, it’s education for living.
36. Live your life by a compass, not a clock.
37. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
38. It seems that the more places I see and experience, the bigger I realise the world to be. The more I become aware of, the more I realise how relatively little I know of it, how many places I have still to go, how much more there is to learn. – Anthony Bourdain
39. The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.
40. I want to make memories all over the world.
41. Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you: it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind. – Anthony Bourdain.
42. Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos, kill nothing but time.
43. If you’re 22, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go. – Anthony Bourdain
44. To travel is to live.
45. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER. – Mark Twain
46. Travel sparks our imagination, feeds our curiosity and reminds us how much we all have in common. – Deborah Lloyd
47. In the end we only regret the chances we didn’t take.
48. Travel the world. Understand different cultures. Make friends all over.
49. We cannot discover new oceans until we have the courage to lose sight of the shore. – Andre Gide
50. I love the places that make you realise how tiny you and your problems are.
51. I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it. – Rosalia de Castro
52. So much of who we are is where we have been. – William Langewiesche
53. We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.
54. At the end of the day your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.
55. Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life – and travel – leaves marks on you. – Anthony Bourdain
56. A mind that is stretched by new experiences can never go back to it’s old dimensions. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
57. Keep travelling, even if you don’t know where the road will end. – Laila Gifty Akita
58. To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world. – Freya Stark.
59. The gladdest moments, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands. – Sir Richard Burton.
60. Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
61. You get a strange feeling when you leave a place, like you’ll not only miss the people you love, but you miss the person you are at this time and place because you’ll never be this way ever again. – Azar Nafasi
62. Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. – T. S. Eliot
63. My favourite thing is to go where I’ve never been. – Diane Arbus
64. Travel while you’re young and able. Don’t worry about the money, just make it work. Experience is far more valuable than money will ever be.
65. Work, Travel, Save, Repeat.
66. We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
67. Better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times.
68. I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list. – Susan Sontag
69. Only own what you can always carry with you: know languages, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag. – Alexander Solzhenitsyn
70. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before. – Dalai Lama.
71. Take only memories. Leave only footprints.
72. Travelling – it leaves you speechless then turns you into a storyteller. – Ibn Battuta.
73. Jobs fill your pockets, adventures fill your soul.
74. Wanderlust – a strong desire to wander and explore the world.
75. Wherever you go, go with all your heart. – Confucius