Looking for the best quotes and captions about hiking for your Instagram photos? Hiking often involves heading to a beautiful location, so I’m sure you will have taken many photos to capture the hike and the final viewpoint.
When it comes to uploading your hiking pictures to social media though, it can sometimes be hard trying to come up with a caption that will do your photo justice.
This article cuts out all the hard work of trying to come up with a caption for your Instagram photo as it gives you all the best captions, quotes and puns about hiking and trekking, whether you’re hiking solo, with friends or as a couple with your partner.
All you have to do is choose one you like, copy and paste and get on with enjoying your trip or editing your photos! Whether you’ve been hiking on the trails around Los Angeles, Bali or even in Vietnam, you should be able to find a caption perfect for your photo!
If you’re preparing to do a hike, you’ve just come back from one or you’re just wanderlusting and looking for some travel inspiration, you’ll find 359 hiking quotes, inspiring captions, funny hiking quotes, puns and hashtags for your Instagram pictures right here!
Travel quotes inspire us all right? If you are looking for some more inspirational quotes check these out:
550 Captions About Traveling
330 Waterfall Quotes & Captions
403 Captions About Nature
Best Sunset Captions & Quotes For Instagram
Sunshine Quotes For Instagram!
BEST HIKING QUOTES & HIKING CAPTIONS FOR INSTAGRAM
Best Hiking Captions For Instagram
1. Hiking is the answer. Who cares what the question is.
2. Think outside. No box required.
3. The only way is forward.
4. I prefer the scenic route.
5. Do more things that make you forget to check your phone.
6. Only one who wanders finds a new path.
7. We have nothing to lose and a world to see.
8. Too much fresh air is not a thing.
9. All good things are wild and free.
10. The view is always worth the climb.
11. I’m not lost. I’m exploring.
12. Let’s wander where the wifi is weak.
13. Wonder. Wander. Repeat.
14. Life’s a climb but the view is great.
15. Hike more, worry less.
Hiking in beautiful Sri Lanka
Best Hiking Quotes For Instagram
16. “Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.” – Henry David Thoreau
17. “For those who climb, the answer is both obvious and impossible to explain — the everyday concerns of livelihood, of social standing, overdue bills, and futureless romance all fall away before the vast and overwhelming absolute of the mountain.” – Paul Watkins
18. “We don’t stop hiking because we grow old — we grow old because we stop hiking” – Finis Mitchell
19. “Hiking is not escapism; it’s realism. The people who choose to spend time outdoors are not running away from anything; we are returning to where we belong.” – Jennifer Pharr Davis
20. “For hiking is one of those things that you can only do when you have the determination in you.” – Unknown
21. “Returning home is the most difficult part of long-distance hiking. You have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits.” – Cindy Ross
22. “Every now and then it’s good to stop climbing and appreciate the view from right where you are.” – Lori Deschene
23. “It’s easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top.” – Henry Ward Beecher
24. “Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.” – Eddie Cantor
25. “The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.” – Robert Frost
26. “The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast, and you miss all you are travelling for.” – Louis L’Amour
27. “Just put one foot in front of the other.” — Austin Peck
Hiking in Langkawi, Malaysia
Well-Known Famous Hiking Captions
28. The best views come after the hardest climb.
29. We have nothing to lose and a world to see.
30. It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
31. Live your life by a compass, not a clock.
32. The journey is the reward.
33. Only one who wanders finds a new path.
34. Always say yes to new adventures.
Hiking in Dorrigo National Park, Australia
Well-Known Famous Hiking Quotes
35. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” — Lao Tzu
36. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
37. “Not all who wander are lost.” — J. R. R. Tolkien
38. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
39. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” — John Muir
40. “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” — Aristotle
41. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
42. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” — Robert Frost
43. “To travel, to experience and learn: that is to live.”- Tenzing Norgay
44. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” — Helen Keller
45. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it’s lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
46. “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” — Frank A. Clark
47. “A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
48. “I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost
49. “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” — John Muir
50. “Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.” — Sir Martin Conway
51. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
52. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” — Chief Seattle
53. “And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.” — John Muir
Hiking Hanging Rock, Blue Mountains Australia
Funny Hiking Captions For Instagram
54. DEET is nature’s cologne.
55. Always hike with someone in worse shape than you. The bears out there will know.
56. Hiking side effects include sweating, euphoria and general awesomeness.
57. The foot that is restless will tread on a turd.
58. I might look like I am listening to you, but in my mind, I am hiking.
59. I know I hike like a girl, try to keep up.
60. Hiking is cheaper than therapy.
61. Here is a photo of me and my therapist.
62. I don’t get it. the trail looked so flat on the map.
63. Sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.
64. I hike to burn off the crazy.
65. The closer you are to nature the further you are from idiots.
66. Bring a compass. It’s awkward when you have to eat your friends.
Hiking along the Maroubra to La Perouse walk in Sydney
Funny Hiking Quotes For Instagram
67. “Hiking is just walking where it’s okay to pee.” – Demetri Martin
68. “I have two doctors, my left leg and my right.” – G.M. Trevelyan
69. “What on earth would I do if four bears came into my camp? Why, I would die of course. Literally shit myself lifeless.” – Bill Bryson
70. “Hiking is not for everyone. Notice the wilderness is mostly empty.” – Sonja Yoerg
71. “Never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost, and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.” – Ellen Degeneres
72. “Feeling low? Go on mountains.” – Prajakta Mhadnak
73. “Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice… some girls are made of adventure and wine and all things fine.” – Unknown
74. “Some women want diamonds… others just want a hammock, a campfire and some peace & quiet.” – Unknown
75. “If the winter is too cold and the summer is too hot, you are not a hiker.” – Unknown
76. “There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.” – Sir Rannulph Fiennes
77. “One thing to remember on the Eiger, never look up, or you may need a plastic surgeon.” – Unknown
78. “Hiking and happiness go hand in hand or foot in boot.” – Diane Spicer
Hiking at Watsons Bay in Sydney
Hiking Pun Captions For Instagram
79. This hike rocked.
80. The hill looked hard at first, but I got over it.
81. Hey, did you hear the joke about the hill? I couldn’t get over it!
82. Hiking really Alps clear my mind.
83. It’s a hill. Get over it.
84. You trek a lot. Don’t you Everest?
85. I’m all a-boot hiking.
86. Netflix and chill? More like Trailmix and Hill.
87. This is my kind of streaming.
88. Gorge-ous views as far as the eye canyon see.
89. You need a change of altitude!
90. May the forest be with you.
91. Mountains aren’t just funny. They’re hill-areas.
92. On a tree-mendous hike with you.
93. Sticking to the backcountry rivers, because they’re less mainstream.
94. Plateaus are the highest form of flattery.
95. What did you say? I lost my terrain of thought!
96. This hike was climb and punishment.
97. To summit all up…we had a great time.
98. Hiking can be a pine in the ass, but I love it.
99. I love camping — it’s in-tents.
Hiking Bouddi Coastal Walk – Central Coast, Australia
Short Hiking Captions For Instagram
100. Hiking is my therapy.
101. I just want to explore.
102. Nature baby.
103. Life is better in hiking boots.
104. Take a hike and get lost.
105. Sky above, earth below, peace within.
106. Hike Your Own Hike.
107. Another day, another hike.
108. Never stop exploring.
Hiking at Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany
Short Hiking Quotes For Instagram
109. “Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.” – Sir Martin Conway
110. “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than trees.” – Henry David Thoreau
111. “Everything worthwhile is uphill. Everything.” – John Maxwell
112. “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” – Gary Snyder
113. “In every walk with nature one received far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
114. “The world reveals itself to those who travel on foot.” – Werner Herzog
115. “Remember to look up to the stars, not down to your feet.” – Stephen Hawking
116. “Leave the road, take the trails.” – Pythagoras
117. “I found far more answers in the woods than I ever did in the city.” – Mary Davis
118. “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” – Ed Viesturs
119. “Cover the earth before it covers you.” – Dagobert D. Runes
120. “Sometimes, nature is all you need.” — Shikoba
121. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
Hiking Mount Barker tunnel – one of the best photography locations in Adelaide
Inspirational Hiking Captions For Instagram
122. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
123. “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” – Edmund Hillary
124. “Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.” – Walt Whitman
125. “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out, it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.” – Unknown
126. “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert
127. “We must get beyond textbooks, go out into bypaths and untrodden depths of the wilderness of truth and explore and tell the world of our glorious journey” – John Hope
Hiking in Oman
Inspirational Hiking Quotes For Instagram
128. “The more you know, the less you need.” – Yvon Chouinard
129. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
130. “They are able who think they are able.” – Virgil
131. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
132. “The hardest mountain to climb is the one within.” – J. Lynn
133. “If you are on the right path, it will always be uphill.” – Henry B. Eyring
134. “Fall down seven times and stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
135. “It is a big beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us.” – Oberyn Martell, Game of Thrones
Hiking at The Grand Canyon
Motivational Hiking Captions For Instagram
136. When you’re tired, focus on the sights.
137. You can’t climb up a mountain with downhill thoughts.
138. It’s not a competition to reach the top, it’s a promise you make with yourself.
139. Keep going! Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.
140. Stop following others and create your own path in life.
141. I’d rather be hiking in the rain than sitting inside at a desk on a sunny day.
142. No matter how rough it gets, just keep on moving.
143. When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think about the view from the top.
Motivational Hiking Quotes
144. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in an office or mowing the lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
145. “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.”– Edmund Hillary
146. “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
147. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
148. “Hiking is a bit like life: The journey only requires you to put one foot in front of the other…again and again and again. And if you allow yourself the opportunity to be present throughout the entirety of the trek, you will witness beauty every step of the way, not just at the summit.” – Unknown
149. “On a hike, the days pass with the wind, the sun, the stars; movement is powered by a belly full of food and water, not a noxious tankful of fossil fuels. On a hike, you’re less a job title and more a human being. A periodic hike not only stretches the limbs but also reminds us: Wow, there’s a big old world out there.” – Ken Ilgunas
Hiking at Antelope Canyon, USA
Beautiful Nature Hiking Captions For Instagram
150. I know there’s nature all around, but I can’t keep my eyes off of you.
151. I go to nature to be soothed and healed and to have my senses put in order.
152. I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.
153. For the sake of your soul, venture out.
154. Mountains make me believe that nothing can be bigger than nature, not even human ego.
155. Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.
156. I have a therapist. Her name is nature.
157. Nature is the greatest place to heal and recharge.
Hiking in beautiful Zion National Park, Utah
Beautiful Nature Hiking Quotes For Instagram
158. “The earth has music for those who listen.” – William Shakespeare
159. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” – John Burroughs
160. “In every walk with nature one received far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
161. “Nature, time, and patience are the three great physicians.” – Chinese Proverb
162. “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
163. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
164. “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.” – Edward Abbey
165. “A path is a prior interpretation of the best way to traverse a landscape.” – Rebecca Solnit
166. “Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
167. “Not just beautiful, though—the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they’re watching me.” – Haruki Murakami
168. “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” – Vincent Van Gogh
169. “The wild woman has a deep love of nature; a love for the ancient mother. Though possibly misunderstood, it has always been in her. When she goes into the wilderness, a part of her soul is going home.” – Shikoba
170. “Our minds, as well as our bodies, have need of the out-of-doors. Our spirits, too, need simple things, elemental things, the sun and the wind and the rain, moonlight, and starlight, sunrise and mist and mossy forest trails, the perfumes of dawn and the smell of fresh-turned earth and the ancient music of wind among the trees.” — Edwin Way Teale
171. “May your search through nature lead you to yourself.” – Shikoba
172. “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn.” – John Muir
Hiking Mount Ngungun, Queensland Australia
Quotes About Hiking in Nature
173. “Keep close to Nature’s heart, yourself; and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” – John Muir
174. “The silence of nature is very real. It surrounds you. You can feel it.” – Ted Trueblood
175. “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” – William Shakespeare
176. “Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.” – John Muir
177. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, “This is what it is to be happy.” – Sylvia Plath
178. “Deep down, at the molecular heart of life, the trees and we are essentially identical.” – Carl Sagan
179. “Joy in looking and comprehending is nature’s most beautiful gift.” – Albert Einstein
180. “I love not Man the less, but Nature more.” – Lord Byron
181. “It is in the still silence of nature that one will find true bliss.” – J.J.C.
182. “Hiking is not escapism; it’s realism. The people who choose to spend time outdoors are not running away from anything; we are returning to where we belong.” — Jennifer Pharr Davis
183. “There is nothing more beautiful than nature early in the morning.” – Vincent Van Gogh
184. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” — John Burroughs
185. “Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.” – Dr. Seuss
186. “Life’s better when you add fresh air, a warm campfire, brights stars, and s’mores.” — Unknown
Hiking by Lake Moraine in Banff National Park, Canada
Mountain Hiking Trail Captions for Instagram
187. If you think you’ve peaked, find a new mountain.
188. The only Zen you can find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring up there.
189. The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain he is inspired by it.
190. The sun shines brightest from the peaks of mountains.
191. No mountain remains a mystery when you take steps to conquer it.
192. Faith moves mountains, but you have to keep pushing while you are praying.
193. Climb mountains, not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.
194. When life gives you mountains, put on your boots and climb.
Hiking the Pearl Beach to Patonga Walk in NSW Australia
Mountain Hiking Trail Quotes For Instagram
195. “The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain he is inspired by it.” – William Arthur Ward
196. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you are climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
197. “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” – Dr. Seuss
198. “I like being near the top of a mountain. One can’t get lost here.” – Wislawa Szymborska
199. “Your mountain may be harder to climb but oh the view, the view is divine.” – Jennae Cecilia
200. “There may be more to learn from climbing the same mountain a hundred times than by climbing a hundred different mountains.” – Richard R. Nelson
201. “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Hermann Buhl
202. “There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” – Alex Lowe
203. “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing views. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” – Edward Abbey
204. “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” – Harley King
205. “You need mountains. Long staircases don’t make good hikers.” – Amit Kalantri
206. “It’s not all about the views from the top of the mountain, there are so many beautiful things you pass on your journey to the top. Appreciate the beauty of the path.” – Unknown
207. “Although I deeply love oceans, deserts, and other wild landscapes, it is only mountains that beckon me with that sort of painful magnetic pull to walk deeper and deeper into their beauty.” – Victoria Erickson
208. “When preparing to climb a mountain, pack a light heart.” – Dan May
209. “Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world. Not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
Hiking in Howth, Dublin
Mountain Captions For Instagram
210. Dear mountains, I think about you all the time.
211. On a date with the mountains.
212. Mountains are my happy place.
213. The mountains have been calling.
214. All I need is a mountain breeze and tall trees.
215. Life should have more mountains and less stress.
Hiking the Jerusalem Bay Track in NSW, Australia
Mountain Quotes For Instagram
216. “The view up here is breathtaking, and I know its all downhill from up here .” – Unknown
217. “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” — Wilma Rudolph
218. “I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain.” – Andrew Garfield
219. “The mountains whisper for me to wander; my soul hikes to the call.” – Angie Weiland Crosby
220. “Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous.” – Reinhold Messner
221. “It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
222. “Every mountain has its soul… if the mountain does not accept you and you don’t submit to her will, she will destroy you.” – Bernadette McDonald
223. “Great things are done when men and mountains meet; This is not done by jostling in the street.” – William Blake
224. “Life is short! Go to the mountains and never look back.” – Unknown
225. “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” – John Muir
226. “Chasing angels or fleeing demons, go to the mountains.” – Jeffrey Rasley
227. “No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied – it speaks in silence to the very core of your being.” — Ansel Adams
228. “You never climb the same mountain twice, not even in memory. Memory rebuilds the mountain, changes the weather, retells the jokes, remakes all the moves.” – Lito Flores
229. “You don’t have to move mountains. Simply fall in love with life. Be a tornado of happiness, gratitude and acceptance. You will change the world by being a warm, kind hearted human being.” – Anita Krizzan
230. “Today, she is standing at the top of a mountain and appreciating the majestic panoramic view of mesmerizing Himalaya. As a kid, she used to look up the sky and wish for wings to fly up to the mountains. And now after a long wait of many years, she is standing here and living her dream.” – Ashish Bhardwaj
Hiking up to the Sea Cliff Bridge Lookout in Australia
Trekking Quotes For Instagram
231. “Climbing is as close as we can come to flying.” – Margaret Young
232. “Trekking means a travelling experience with a thrilling excitement.” – Amit Kalantri
233. “Trekkers at high altitudes sometimes sense a person walking few paces behind them, just out of sight. Often this person is dead. I never feel this, but once or twice I imagine someone walking a little ahead of me.” – Colin Thubron
234. “Hiking is a bit like life: The journey only requires you to put one foot in front of the other…again and again and again. And if you allow yourself the opportunity to be present throughout the entirety of the trek, you will witness beauty every step of the way, not just at the summit.” – Unknown
235. “The long-distance hiker, a breed set apart, from the likes of the usual pack. He’ll shoulder his gear, be hittin’ the trail; long gone, long ‘fore he’ll be back.” – M.J. Eberhart
236. “Distance changes utterly when you take the world on foot. A mile becomes a long way, two miles literally considerable, ten miles whopping, fifty miles at the very limits of conception, The world, you realize, is enormous in a way that only you and a small community of fellow hikers know. Planetary scale is your little secret.” – Bill Bryson
237. “The man who goes afoot prepared to camp anywhere and in any weather is the most independent fellow on earth.” – Horace Kephart
238. “Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall, it’s great when you stop.” – Unknown
Hiking at Hokitika Gorge – one of the most Instagrammable places in New Zealand South Island
Hiking Adventure Captions For Instagram
239. The world is ours to explore.
240. Adventure served on the rocks.
241. A vagrant is everywhere at home.
242. Jobs fill your pockets, adventures fill your soul.
243. Stop following others and create your own path in life.
244. There is pleasure in the pathless woods.
245. I don’t need therapy I just need to go on an adventure.
Hiking the Tomaree Summit Walk, Australia
Hiking Adventure Quotes For Instagram
246. “Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
247. “Traveling shouldn’t be just a tour, it should be a tale.” — Amit Kalantri
248. “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
249. “The world is big, and I want to get a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Miur
250. “If happiness is the goal – and it should be, then adventures should be top priority.” – Richard Branson
251. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
252. “Embrace the detours.” – Kevin Charbonneau
253. “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.” – Amelia Earhart
254. “Adventure isn’t hanging off a rope on the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life.” – John Amatt
255. “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
256. “There is always an adventure waiting in the woods.” – Katelyn S. Bolds
Hiking in Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park, Australia
More Hiking Captions for Instagram
257. Fresh air and muddy boots make everything better.
258. Go wild for a while.
259. One, two, three steps more to the top.
260. Out here, I feel alive.
261. Some of the best memories are made in hiking shoes.
262. You are never too old to play outside.
263. Bet you can’t beat me to the top!
264. All good things are wild and free.
265. Happiness walks on busy feet.
266. Hiking is my cardio.
Hiking the Mount Ku-Ring-Gai to Berowra Walk, Australia.
More Hiking Quotes
267. “Carry as little as possible, but choose that little with care.” -Earl Schaffer
268. “Real adventure is defined best as a journey from which you may not come back alive, and certainly not as the same person.” – Yvon Chouinard
269. “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
270. “The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
271. “Hiking is the best workout. You can hike for three hours and not even realize you’re working out. And, hiking alone lets me have some time to myself.” — Jamie Luner
272. “Travelling the road will tell you more about the road than Google will tell you about the road.” – Unknown
273. “You, who know that all the bruises and scrapes from scrambling and rambling are the best because they remind you of being alive.” – Madison Perrins
274. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
275. “Sometimes it’s so bad, it’s good.” – Unknown
276. “I slow down when hiking. The rhythm of nature is more leisurely. The sun comes up, it moves across the sky, and you begin to synchronize to that rhythm.” — John Mackey
Hiking the Barrenjoey Lighthouse Walk in Palm Beach, Sydney
Hiking Captions for Couples
277. Oh, darling, let’s be adventurers.
278. You keep me safe, I’ll keep you wild.
279. Instead of Netflix and chill, we watch sunsets on a hill.
280. Don’t ever leaf me.
281. Life’s better when you add fresh air, a warm campfire, bright stars, and s’mores, and you.
282. Your partner is both home and adventure all at once.
283. Together is my favourite place to be.
284. Sharing adventures means enjoying them 100% more.
285. Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.
286. There’s no one I’d rather walk the trails with than you.
287. Who stands beside you on the journey is more important than where the trail leads to.
Hiking to see Mount Fuji in Japan
Hiking Quotes For Couples For Instagram
288. “The right someone will hack through the bushes and challenge the woods, but most importantly, they’ll enjoy every step with you.” – Unknown
289. “Ain’t no mountain high enough, ain’t no valley low enough, ain’t no river wide enough, to keep me from getting to you babe.” – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
290. “Think of every date as one step up, they’re leading you to a beautiful peak.” – Unknown
291. “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” – Lewis Carroll
292. “Why should a relationship mean settling down? Wait for someone who won’t let life escape you, who’ll challenge you and drive you towards your dreams. Someone spontaneous who you can get lost in the world with.” – Beau Taplin
293. “What we find in a soulmate is not something wild to tame, but something wild to run with.” – Unknown
294. “I’ve fallen in love with adventures, so I begin to wonder if that’s why I’ve fallen for you.” – Unknown
295. “Take your potential someone into the forest. If they smile through the sweat and whistle with the wind, your adventures will never end.” – Unknown
296. “Camping is not a date; it’s an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home.” – Unknown
297. “Like the weightlessness of standing at the peak, a soulmate makes you feel free.” – Unknown
298. “You are my greatest adventure.” – Mr. Incredible
299. “Bring me coffee, take me hiking, and tell me I’m sexy.” – Unknown
300. “Here’s to all the places we went. And here’s to all the places we’ll go. And here’s to me, whispering again and again and again and again; I love you.” – John Green
301. “The perfect pair of hiking boots bring you safely through thrumming rivers and broken rocks; the perfect partner is walking right beside you.” – Unknown
Hiking up Poem Mountain in Halong Bay Vietnam
Hiking With Friends Captions
302. Happiness is hiking with friends.
303. It’s not how many miles you walk, it’s how many smiles you share.
304. On a tree-mendous hike with you.
305. Friends that travel together, stay together.
306. Getting blisters with my sisters.
307. Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.
308. Let’s travel together and get lost in beautiful places.
309. Always hike with someone in worse shape than you. The bears out there will know.
310. Let’s find some beautiful place to get lost together.
Hiking in Port Macquarie, Australia
Hiking With Friends Quotes
311. “A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
312. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton
313. “In life, it’s not where you go, it’s who you travel with.” – Charles Schulz
314. “A journey well shared is a journey well enjoyed.” – Unknown
315. “Sometimes, all you need is a great friend and a thirst for adventure.” – Unknown
316. “There is a whole world out there. Pack your backpack, your best friend, and go.” – Unknown
317. “We are all travellers in the wilderness of the world and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
318. “A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.” – Unknown
Hiking at Iguazu Falls, Argentina/Brazil
Hiking with Dog Captions For Instagram
319. Love is a four-legged word.
320. Always grateful to have this lil doggo by my side.
321. The most dapper hiking buddy I ever did see.
322. Crushing this hike with this little dude.
323. Don’t stop retrievin’.
324. Taking in the #views with this one.
325. Tis the season to be cheesin’ with your pup.
326. Life’s not ruff when this one is around.
327. This hike is pretty pawfect.
328. Whenever I felt like giving up on this hike, this pup right here made me feel like I could do anything.
Hiking in Luang Prabang, Laos
Spiritual Hiking Quotes
329. “You need special shoes for hiking – and a bit of a special soul as well.” – Terri Guillemets
330. “Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.” – Greg Child
331. “Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” – Rachel Carson
332. “Go out, go out I beg of you And taste the beauty of the wild. Behold the miracle of the earth with all the wonder of a child.” – Edna Jaques
333. “Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity.” – John Muir
334. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” – Henry David Thoreau
335. “I have a restless spirit. The need to roam and explore this earth is in my soul.” – Unknown
336. “The best journeys in life are those that answer questions you never thought to ask.” – Rich Ridgeway
337. “Our minds, as well as our bodies, have need of the out-of-doors. Our spirits, too, need simple things, elemental things, the sun and the wind and the rain, moonlight, and starlight, sunrise and mist and mossy forest trails, the perfumes of dawn and the smell of fresh-turned earth and the ancient music of wind among the trees.” – Edwin Way Teale
338. “Deep in the forest, I stroll to hear the wisdom of my soul.” – Angie Weiland Crosby
339. “I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth. Then I ask myself the same question.” – Harun Yahya
340. “The trail leads not merely north and south, but up to the body, mind, and soul of man.” – Harold Allen
341. “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.” – Edward Abbey
Hiking in Buderim Falls, Queensland
Walking Quotes for Instagram Captions
342. “All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
343. “Walking is a man’s best medicine.” – Hippocrates
344. “Somewhere between the start of the trail and the end is the mystery why we choose to walk.” – Unknown
345. “After a day’s walk, everything has twice its usual value.” – G.M. Trevelyan
346. “An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” – Henry David Thoreau
347. “Travellers, there is no path, paths are made by walking.” – Antonio Machado
348. “Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.” – Steven Wright
349. “A walk in nature walks the soul back home.” – Mary Davis
350. “Walk away quietly in any direction and taste the freedom of the mountaineer.” – John Muir
351. “Remember to turn everything off once a week – including your brain – and walk somewhere quiet.” – Unknown
352. “We live in a fast-paced society. Walking slows us down.” – Robert Sweetgall
353. “Walking: the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise.” – Carrie Latet
354. “If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.” – Raymond Inmon
355. “I walked slowly to enjoy this freedom, and when I came out of the mountains, I saw the sky over the prairie, and I thought that if heaven was real, I hoped it was a place I never had to go, for this earth was greater than any paradise.” – Daniel J. Rice
356. “Oh, how can I put into words the joys of a walkover country such as this; the scenes that delight the eyes, the blessed peace of mind, the sheer exuberance which fills your soul as you tread the firm turf? This is something to be lived, not read about.” – Alfred Wainwright
357. “To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” – Marie Davis
358. “A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.” – Paul Dudley White
359. “I love walking in the woods, along the trails, by the beaches. I love being part of nature. I love walking alone. It is therapy. One needs to be alone, to recharge one’s batteries.” – Grace Kelly
Hiking at James Bond Island, Thailand
Hiking Quotes & Captions For Instagram Summary
I hope you got lots of inspiration and ideas from these hiking captions and quotes and were able to find the perfect one to go with your Instagram hiking photos!
If you’ve reached the end of this list of hiking quotes and captions well done I am impressed! Hopefully one of these hiking captions was perfect for you. Whether you preferred the short, inspirational, cute or wild captions, or one of the famous quotes, there’s a great selection here. If you do know any more hiking quotes or captions – let me know in the comments below as I love hearing from you guys!
Like this post on Hiking Quotes & Hiking Captions For Instagram? Pin it for later!