Are you are looking for some lighthouse puns, quotes or captions for your Instagram photos? Whether you’re at a famous lighthouse or you’ve found a beautiful and secluded lighthouse, you’ll want to get some great pictures of it and post it onto your Instagram. Lighthouses were relied on a lot by sailors in days gone past – to navigate their way to safety in the ships whilst sailing in the dark. Now, they are often seen as a symbol of hope, guidance and motivation in people’s lives.
You can get some really unique and impressive views and photographs of lighthouses. However finding the right captions for your lighthouse pictures for Instagram can be difficult sometimes. Your impressive lighthouse photos definitely deserve great captions on your social media, not only to do the experience justice, but to get more engagement on Instagram, Facebook or TikTok!
This article cuts out the hard work of trying to come up with a caption for your Instagram photo or TikTok video as it gives you all the best lighthouse Instagram captions, puns and quotes. You’ll find 114 great lighthouse captions here – whether you are after lighthouse quotes, puns, jokes or inspiring or motivational captions for Instagram – they’re all here!
LIGHTHOUSE PUNS, CAPTIONS & QUOTES!
Best Lighthouse Captions For Instagram
1. Be the lighthouse in someone else’s storm
2. Shine bright like a lighthouse
3. Never met a lighthouse I didn’t like
4. The lighthouse is calling and I must go
5. Be like a lighthouse and shine.
6. You light up my world
7. By the ocean is where I’m meant to be
8. I wish I looked that good in stripes
9. Enjoying life one lighthouse at a time
10. Is this lighthouse shining just for me?
11. Update your address book. I live here now.
12. It’s a lighthouse thing, you wouldn’t understand
13. Forget the lighthouse – I can be your guiding light.
14. Might start a new career as a lighthouse keeper, what do you think?
15. The one where I visit a lighthouse.
Short Lighthouse Captions For Instagram
16. Coastal breeze & rocky seas
17. Meet me by the lighthouse
18. Roam, wander, and explore
19. Daydreaming by the shore
20. By the coast
21. These bright lights are my medicine
22. Morning sun & lighthouse fun
23. I really, really like this lighthouse
Lighthouse Puns & Funny Captions
24. This lighthouse is a real keeper
25. We wanted to see the lighthouse, but we don’t have the foggiest idea where it is!
26. Don’t go beacon my heart
27. Are you shore that there’s a lighthouse around here?
28. This lighthouse shore is pretty!
29. We tried to see the lighthouse, but we mist it
30. This trip has really buoyed my spirits
31. This lighthouse is about to get lit
32. Good reef, this lighthouse is beautiful!
33. This lighthouse is beacon my heart
34. He knows who brings home the beacon
More Lighthouse Puns & Funny Captions
35. This lighthouse has been around for over a century. It’s really earned its stripes.
36. Island-ed at this beautiful spot.Once we got to the lighthouse, we decided to coast.
37. It’s a tramp lamp.
38. Stopping at a lighthouse really gives us time to reflect.
39. The Capes of Wrath.
40. We’re just a cupola girls taking a lighthouse selfie.The lighthouse really towers over us!I can’t wait to walk down the isle.
41. Take cove-r.
42. My parents visited the lighthouse. Dad said it was the highlight of his trip.
43. A very light house
Here are some of the best lighthouse quotes!
51. “Once the lighthouse is seen, the rest of the sea is ignored.” – Terri Guillemets
52. “If you open your eyes very wide and look around you carefully, you will always see a lighthouse which will lead you to the right path! Just watch around you carefully!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
53. “Books are lighthouses erected in the great sea of time.” – E.P. Whipple
54. “In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must also be present.” – Francis Bacon
55. “Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.” – Anne Lamott
56. “The lighthouse that stands unintentionally stoic and tall and lights the way for those out at sea”. – Buffy Sammons
57. “Darkness reigns at the foot of the lighthouse.” – Japanese Proverb
58. “Lighthouses are more helpful than churches.” – Benjamin Franklin
59. “If I were to vow at all, it should be to build a lighthouse.” – Benjamin Franklin
60. “I wish to spend a lifetime near a lighthouse where loneliness will be the glimmer of luminous prancing upon ocean waves…rising and falling only for my breathing.” – Munia Khan
61. “A lighthouse doesn’t save the ships; it doesn’t go out and rescue them, it’s just this pillar that helps to guide people home.” – Lea Michele
62. “The dip of the light meant that the island itself was always left in darkness. A lighthouse is for others; powerless to illuminate the space closest to it.” – M.L. Steadman
63. “If you close your eyes, no lighthouse can help you!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
64. “Look to the Lighthouse of the Lord. There is no fog so dense, no night so dark, no gale so strong, no mariner so lost but what its beacon light can rescue.” -Thomas S Monson
65. “The trouble with drowning in the mess of your own life is that you’re not in any shape to save anyone else. You can’t be a lighthouse when you’re underwater yourself.” – Unknown
66. “The lighthouse of the Lord beckons to all as we sail the seas of life.” – Thomas S Monson
67. “A lighthouse is both an invitation and a warning. A lighthouse says ‘welcome home’. But next to that, right after that, it also says ‘danger’.” – Nathan Hill
68. . “Lighthouses are endlessly suggestive signifiers of both human isolation and our ultimate connectedness to each other.” – Virginia Woolf.
69. “A lighthouse is not interested in who gets its light! It just gives it without thinking! Giving light is its nature!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
Motivational Lighthouse Quotes
A lighthouse has long been considered as a symbol of strength and guidance. These unique lighthouse quotes provide guidance and motivation to oneself to find strength from within, as opposed to relying on others like many other quotes.
70. “Spread light, be the lighthouse.” – Yogi Tea
71. “Inside my empty bottle, I was constructing a lighthouse while all the others were making ships.” – Charles Simic
72. “Is the beam from a lighthouse affected by howling wind and rain? It remains perfectly steadfast and unaffected by the storm. Your true self is like that. Nothing can ever harm you once you are consciously aware that it is so.” – Vernon Howard
73. “I feel that we’re all lighthouses, and my job is to shine my light as brightly as I can to the darkness.” – Jim Carrey
74. “A True Friend, who leaves heartfelt messages, can be a lighthouse to others, sharing light and truth, which comes from their heart.” – Tom Baker
75. “You are the door at the edge of the world. You are the door that opens onto a sea of stars.” – Jeanette Winterson, Lighthousekeeping
76. “Don’t forget that maybe you are the lighthouse in someone’s storm.” – Unknown
77. “Like a simple little lighthouse, my true ideal is to just be…having no trace of seeking, desiring, imitating, or striving, only light and peace.” – Bodhi Smith
78. “Are you looking for a lighthouse? Let me give you an advice: When you improve your own mind, you become your very own lighthouse!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
79. “We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining – they just shine.” – Dwight L. Moody
80. “At some time, often when we least expect it, we all have to face overwhelming challenges. When the unthinkable happens, the lighthouse is hope. Once we find it, we must cling to it with absolute determination. When we have hope, we discover powers within ourselves we may have never known- the power to make sacrifices, to endure, to heal, and to love. Once we choose hope, everything is possible.” – Christopher Reeve
81. “God built lighthouses to see people through storms. Then he built storms to remind people to find lighthouses.” – Shannon L. Alder
82. “Lighthouses are not just stone, brick, metal, and glass. There’s a human story at every lighthouse; that’s the story I want to tell.” – Elinor DeWire
83. “I can think of no other edifice constructed by man as altruistic as a lighthouse. They were built only to serve.” – George Bernard Shaw
Inspiring Lighthouse Quotes
Lighthouses are often seen as a source of inspiration. Here you’ll find lots of inspiring lighthouse quotes:
84. “The scars you share become lighthouses for other people who are headed to the same rocks you hit.” – Unknown
85. “To be a lighthouse, you must be strong enough to resist every kind of storm, to every kind of loneliness and you must have a powerful light inside you!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
86. “It’s about how you’re like a lighthouse, always searching far into the distance. But the thing you’re looking for is usually close to you and always has been. That’s why you have to look within yourself to find answers instead of searching beyond. – Susane Colasanti
87. “Friends are like lighthouses, with the sources of light coming from their hearts.” – Tom Baker
88. “Open your eyes and look around carefully at the moments when you think you have failed, because the lighthouse of the success mysteriously appears amongst the fog at those very moments!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
89. “By spreading knowledge you can live forever. You can be the Lighthouse that guides people to safety; a light in the darkest of times.” – Zachariah Renfro
90. “Every Lighthouse knows that when the giant waves come, no one will help! And when you know that no one will help you, you fight more seriously!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
91. “I am lighthouse rather than lifeboat. I do not rescue, but instead help others to find their own way to shore, guiding them by my example.” – Unknown
92. “She is like a revolving lighthouse; pitch darkness alternating with a dazzling brilliancy!” – Henry James
93. “Man must behave like a lighthouse; he must shine day and night for the goodness of everyman.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
94. “If you are a lighthouse, you cannot hide yourself; if you hide yourself, you cannot be a lighthouse!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
95. What does a lighthouse do? I ask myself. It never moves. It cannot hike up its rocky skirt and dash into the ocean to rescue the foundering ship. It cannot calm the waters or clear the shoals. It can only cast light into the darkness. It can only point the way. Yet, through one lighthouse, you guide many ships. Show this old lighthouse the way. –Lisa Wingate
96. “A good book is a lighthouse; a wise man is a lighthouse; conscience is a lighthouse; compassion is a lighthouse; science is a lighthouse! They all show us the true path! Keep them in your life to remain safe in the rocky and dark waters of life!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
97. “Stop turning every other battle into yours. Sometimes amidst of all the wars, all you need to become is the Lighthouse, not the sword.” – Akshay Vasu
98. “The lighthouse does great service to humanity; yet it is the slave of those who trim the lamps.” – Alice Wellington Rollins
99. “Lighthouses don’t get all wobbly when the weather gets rough; they just stand there shining.” – Unknown
Interesting Lighthouse Quotes
100. “A fallen lighthouse is more dangerous than a reef.” – Navjot Singh Sidhu
101. “Skepticism is a barren coast, without a harbour or lighthouse.” – Henry Ward Beecher
102. “A lighthouse keeps sailors from danger, to navigate from danger out there. The light is a comforting thing to see.” – Catherine Drinker Bowen
103. “Metaphysics is a dark ocean without shores or lighthouse, strewn with many a philosophic wreck.” – Immanuel Kant
104. “Unbelievable scenery, with the backdrop of the Lighthouse and the boats. Great place to come out and enjoy some good times with friends.” – Merv Adams
105. “What pioneer ever had chart and a lighthouse to steer by?” – Navjot Singh Sidhu
106. “Anything for the quick life, as the man said when he took the situation at the lighthouse.” – Charles Dickens
Best Lighthouse Love Quotes
107. “Some people in our life are like a lighthouse. They guide us to safety as we navigate the coast.” – Mohammed Sekouty
108. “He slept that night thinking of loves and lighthouses. That one love might shine to bring all loves home.” – Jamie O’Neill
109. “Some people are destined to be a lighthouse for a lost comrade.” – Erin Forbes
110. “He’s the One I always run to…The lighthouse that I turn to.” – Mario William Vitale
111. “Let these eyes be a lighthouse. Let these arms be a safe harbour. Let this heart be a long awaited shore.” – Tiffany Aurora
112. “You were my lighthouse when I was lost at sea without you, I would never have found me.” – Gemma Troy
113. “Let hope be your Lighthouse, beckoning you through stormy seas.” – Jessica De La Davies
114. “The love within them shone as brightly as the lighthouse beam on the darkest, stormiest night.” – Jody Hedlund
Lighthouse Quotes, Captions & Puns Summary
I hope you got lots of ideas and inspiration from these lighthouse Instagram captions, puns, jokes and quotes and were able to find the perfect one to go with your lighthouse photos! Do you know any more lighthouse captions that I haven’t included? If so, let me know in the comment below as I love to hear from you!
If you are looking for some more inspirational quotes check these out:
75 Inspirational Travel Adventure Quotes
Best Sunset Instagram Captions & Quotes
300 Sunlight Captions & Quotes For Instagram
Snorkeling Quotes & Puns For Instagram
93 Rooftop Quotes, Captions & Puns!
Like this post on lighthouse quotes, puns and captions? Pin it for later!