Been to Los Angeles, taken photos of the most Instagrammable places in LA and you’re now looking for some captions or quotes about Los Angeles for your next Instagram post?
We all know the feeling when you’ve got so many photos of somewhere to post to Instagram but you’re just stuck for what to write in the caption – especially Los Angeles that is such an amazing city to explore and take photos of.
This article cuts out all the hard work of trying to come up with a caption for your Instagram photo as it gives you all the best Instagram captions and quotes about Los Angeles!
This article showcases over 230 Los Angeles captions and quotes for Instagram – from funny Los Angeles puns to meaningful captions, famous quotes, short captions, as well as song lyrics about Los Angeles and captions about Hollywood, Beverley Hills, Venice Beach and more, whether you’ve been to Los Angeles or you are just looking for some inspiration.
Looking for captions and quotes for other places in California? Check out these articles:
155 Malibu Quotes & Captions
114 Palm Springs Captions & Quotes
207 Yosemite Captions & Quotes
Best Los Angeles Captions for Instagram
1.“A bad day in LA is better than a good day anywhere else.”
2. “In a golden state of mind.”
3. “My heart is in Los Angeles.”
4. “If you can’t go to heaven, LA is the next best thing.”
5. “Palm trees. Poolside. Tanned skin. Sunsets. Hot Nights. Los Angeles.”
6. “It’s a good day to be in LA.”
7. “LA isn’t just a place, it’s a way of life.”
8. “Breathing dreams like air.”
9. “Everyone is a star in LA.”
10. “Call me an angel, cause I’m in a city full of them.”
11. “Anytime is a good time to go to LA.”
12. “Salt air, cool breeze, adventure in my soul.”
13. “Endless fun in LA.”
14. “This is the place where dreams come true.”
15. “Time wasted in LA is well spent.”
Short Los Angeles Instagram Captions
16. Living in Los Angeles.
17. “Endless summer in LA.”
18. Los Angeles is the city that I love.
19. Dreaming of Los Angeles.
20. “Just here to get my star.”
21. “Los Angeles, I’m yours.”
22. LA vibes.
23. This is the place where dreams come true.
24. Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.
25. LA dream.
26. “West coast, best coast.”
27. It’s better in LA.
28. “I left my heart in LA.”
29. Living my best life in Los Angeles.
30. The stars shine brighter with you.
31. “Don’t miss out on this Los Angeles bliss.”
32. Los Angeles, here we come!
33. Long live the adventure.
34. LA is my lady.
35. “Feeling so starstruck everywhere I go.”
Short Los Angeles Quotes for Instagram
36. “In Los Angeles, everything is 100% organic, except the people.” – Kris Kidd
37. “I love Los Angeles. It reinvents itself every 2 days.” – Billy Connolly
38. “Pick your enemies carefully or you’ll never make it in Los Angeles.” – Rona Barrett
39. “Los Angeles makes the rest of California seem authentic.” – Jonathan Culler
40. “In Los Angeles, everyone is a star.” – Denzel Washington
41. “We are all citizens of Los Angeles because we have seen so many movies.” – D.J. Waldie
42. “Los Angeles is 72 suburbs in search of a city.” – Dorothy Parker
43. “Los Angeles is like a beauty parlour at the end of the universe.” – Emily Mortimer
44. “Los Angeles is a constellation of plastic.” – Norman Mailer
45. “Los Angeles is a large city-like area surrounding the Beverly Hills Hotel.” – Fran Lebowitz
Best Los Angeles Quotes
46. “When I came to Los Angeles, it was the first time that I ever felt like I belong somewhere.” – Jennifer Love Hewitt
47. “In Los Angeles, you can have the city life and feel like you’re on holiday at the same time” – Isabel Marant
48. “The final story, the final chapter of western man, I believe, lies in Los Angeles.” – Phil Ochs
49. “Los Angeles has no seasons, so it’s kind of hard to keep track of time here. The lines between spring, summer, fall, and winter all blur like my vision. I get stuck on repeat for different measures of eternity.” – Kris Kudd
50. “People cut themselves off from their ties of the old life when they come to Los Angeles. They are looking for a place where they can be free, where they can do things they couldn’t do anywhere else.” – Tom Bradley
51. “In Los Angeles, people dress with the deep and earnest hope that people will do nothing but stare at them.” – Ellie Kemper
52. “The L.A. cogito: I laugh, therefore I am.” – Peter Schjeldahl
Meaningful Quotes About Los Angeles
53. “I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They’re beautiful. Everybody’s plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic.” – Andy Warhol
54. “Everything moves a little quicker in Los Angeles.” – Kyle Chandler
55. “In Los Angeles and other cities, being around immigrants is inspiring. They are touching the American Dream and reminding you how much you take it for granted.” – Ryan Holiday
56. “Tip the world over on its side and everything loose will land in Los Angeles.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
57. “Los Angeles is not a town full of airheads. There’s a great deal of wonderful energy there.” – Alan Rickman
58. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
59. “Los Angeles on its day off. There’s not any hierarchy of taste, and that’s what L.A. always was to me: It’s not really a town of culture – it’s a town of entertainment.” – James Turrell
60. You got that special kind of sadness, you got that tragic set of charms, that only comes from time spent in Los Angeles.
61. “Los Angeles gives one the feeling of the future more strongly than any city I know of. A bad future, too, like something out of Fritz Lang’s feeble imagination.” – Henry Miller
Famous Los Angeles Quotes
62. “Los Angeles weather is the weather of catastrophe, of apocalypse.” – Joan Didion
63. “There’s always – somehow a red carpet everywhere. And I think that, you know, it’s a fantasyland out here, you know. It’s beautiful. It’s sunny all the time. You know, there are beautiful people everywhere because you’re not allowed to cross the Los Angeles city lines unless you’re beautiful or skinny.” – Debra Messing
64. “In Los Angeles, your eye keeps reaching for an end point and never finds it, because it doesn’t exist.” – Susan Orlean
65. “Los Angeles is the Great Gatsby of American cities.” – Kevin Starr
66. “Los Angeles is such a town of show business, and I’m a terrible celebrity. I find it difficult — it’s the beast that must be fed. There’s this big wheel of pictures and articles that goes around, and you get pinned on it.” – Julia Roberts
67. “The city has a reputation for constant sunshine and warmth, but once the sun is down at night, LA remembers it’s secretly a desert under its newer identity. The cool night air doesn’t care what midday was like.” – Amy Spalding
Looking for more captions and quotes for other places in America? Check out these articles:
121 Hawaii Captions
154 Alaska Quotes & Captions
127 Utah Captions
155 Las Vegas Captions & Quotes
150 Chicago Captions for Instagram!
183 Maine Captions
Funny Los Angeles Instagram Quotes & Captions
68. “In Los Angeles, by the time you’re 35, you’re older than most of the buildings.” – Delia Ephron
69. “Marriages that last are with people who do not live in Los Angeles.” – Farrah Fawcett
70. “Los Angeles is a very transient town. It’s the only place I know where you can actually rent a dog.” – Rita Rudner
71. “Anyone living in Los Angeles who says they don’t need a psychiatrist, needs a psychiatrist.” – Kathy Lette
72. “There are two modes of transport in Los Angeles: car and ambulance. Visitors who wish to remain inconspicuous are advised to choose the latter.” – Fran Lebowitz
73. “South Central Los Angeles is the home of the drive-thru and the drive-by. The funny thing is, the drive-thrus are killing more people than the drive-bys.” – Ron Finley
74. “Anyone living in Los Angeles who has opposable thumbs is required to write a screenplay.” – James Scott Bell
75. “In L. A., if you talk to four people, one is probably going to have more than 100,000 followers on Instagram.” – Gianluca Conte
More LA Captions & Famous Quotes For Instagram
76. “This is Los Angeles. There’s always an alternate route.” – David Kipen
77. “In slow-paced Los Angeles, it’s easy to get distracted by a good sunset or a flock of butterflies and forget to produce any work at all.” – Molly Lambert
78. “Rollin’ like a celebrity.” — Weezer, ‘Beverly Hills
79. “If you spend any time in Los Angeles, there’s only one topic of conversation.” – Alan Rickman
80. “Los Angeles traffic is just the worst thing in the world. It throws off timing so much. However, it’s always warm and sunny. New Jersey has absolutely terrible weather, but the environment is really homey and chill.” – Christina Grimmie
81. “Los Angeles was built as a machine of transformation.” – Dan Johnson
82. “Los Angeles is peopled by waiters and carpenters and drivers who are there to be actors.” – Patrick Duffy
83. “I would fly to Los Angeles just for a cheeseburger with pickles and extra tomatoes from In-N-Out.” – Zoe Kravitz
84. “I was never an ambitious girl or even a self-confident one. I never went in for beauty pageants or wore a stitch of make-up until I went to Los Angeles.” – Pamela Anderson
85. “In Los Angeles, you drive around, and you’re coming back from a club or something, and all of a sudden, you’ll encounter a coyote. And they’re very lean, hungry-looking animals.” – Dan Gilroy
Beautiful Quotes About LA
86. “I like Los Angeles. So many artistic people, and I just like the weather.” – Carly Rea Jepsen
87. “Los Angeles, give me some of you! Los Angeles come to me the way I came to you, my feet over your streets, you pretty town I loved you so much, you sad flower in the sand, you pretty town!” – John Fante
88. “L.A. is epidemically everywhere and discernible only in glimpses.” – James Ellroy
89. “So glad to meet you, Angeles.” — Elliott Smith, ‘Angeles
90. “You’re not done with L.A. until L.A. is done with you.” – Philip Elliott
91. “Yes, because that’s exactly what Los Angeles is known for,” Kate said dryly. Clean air.” ― Julie James
More Beautiful & Meaningful Quotes About Los Angeles
92. “I wouldn’t leave L.A. if the whole place tipped over into the ocean.” – Eve Babitz
93. “The ideas you have about cities that you’ve always known don’t work in L.A., and once you toss those aside you’ll be much better off.” – Eve Babitz
94. “I do love America. And LA is a very short commute to America it’s like half an hour on the plane.” – Craig Ferguson
95. “Los Angeles was the kind of place where everybody was from somewhere else and nobody really dropped anchor. It was a transient place. People drawn by the dream, people running from the nightmare. Twelve million people and all of them ready to make a break for it if necessary. Figuratively, literally, metaphorically — any way you want to look at it — everybody in L.A. keeps a bag packed. Just in case.” – Michael Connelly
96. “Los Angeles is a microcosm of the United States. If L.A. falls, the country falls.” – Ice T
97. “L.A. can be a place of torment because the rewards are so huge, but the difficulties of getting your hands on those rewards is so great.” – Geoff Dyer
Captions & Quotes About Living in Los Angeles
98. “People don’t live in Los Angeles because we are tied to the same old, same old. We live in Los Angeles because of the intoxicating energy of new beginnings.” – Marianne Williamson
99. “As a person who grew up in Los Angeles – that’s a very diverse place – I’ve always felt like that diversity is a blessing. It’s not a problem to be solved: it’s a gift to be thankful for.” – Kamasi Washington
100. “So I live in Los Angeles, and it’s kind of a goofy place. They have an airport named after John Wayne. That ought to explain it. It has a charming kind of superstitious innocence.” – George Carlin
101. “On thinking about Hell, I gather my brother Shelley found it was a place much like the city of London. I, who live in Los Angeles and not in London find, on thinking about Hell, that it must be still more like Los Angeles.” – Bertolt Brecht
Interesting Captions About Los Angeles
102. “They age slower out here. It’s all the fresh California air.”
103. “There’s the Hollywood sign; there’s Griffith Observatory; there’s the great, amazing Los Angeles Basin. It’s 465 square miles of insanity and the best food on the planet.” – Robert Crais
104. “Los Angeles is an industry town, and it has great facilities and personnel. The disadvantage is that everyone there seems to talk about the same subject matter.” – Carter Burwell
Quotes & Captions About Sunsets in Los Angeles
105. Relationship status: In love with sunsets and this city.
106. My favourite colour is sunset.
107. Sunsets are better in Los Angeles.
108. “Never go too long without watching a sunset.” – Atticus
Captions About Los Angeles By People Who Don’t Like The City
109. Los Angeles is a city made up of refugees from better cities.
110. “Los Angeles: a city with all the personality of a paper cup.” – Raymond Chandler
111. “Even though I grew up two hours south, I had rarely ventured to Los Angeles. I soon learned that my dad wasn’t totally off base when he said, “Los Angeles is like San Diego’s older, uglier sister that has herpes.” – Unknown
112. “I could hear everything, together with the hum of my hotel neon. I never felt sadder in my life. LA is the loneliest and most brutal of American cities; New York gets godawful cold in the winter but there’s a feeling of wacky comradeship somewhere in some streets. LA is a jungle.” – Jack Kerouac
113. “The smog was heavy, my eyes were weeping from it, the sun was hot, the air stank, a regular hell is L.A.” ― Jack Kerouac
114. “Also, because Los Angeles was designed for cars, everything you want to do and everything you care about is too far away to get to on foot, so you never walk to anything.” – Amy Wilentz
115. “Los Angeles…I mean, who would want to live in a place where the only cultural advantage is that you can turn right on a red light?” – Woody Allen
Best Quote about Los Angeles vs New York
116. “Los Angeles is just New York lying down.” – Quentin Crisp
117. “When its 100 degrees in New York, it’s 72 in Los Angeles. When its 30 degrees in New York, in Los Angeles it’s still 72. However, there are 6 million interesting people in New York, and only 72 in Los Angeles.” – Neil Simon
118. “If New York is the city that never sleeps, then Los Angeles is the city that’s always passed out on the couch.” –Paul Beatty
119. “People don’t seem to have a problem with a romanticized New York, in fact that’s almost all they ever do, in some sense, is romanticize that place. Los Angeles deserves the same courtesy.” – Matthew Specktor
120. “If most American cities are about the consumption of culture, Los Angeles and New York are about the production of culture – not only national culture but global culture.” – Barbara Kruger
121. “I’d like to live in Paris, New York, and Los Angeles all at the same time.” – Joan Juliet Buck
122. “I’m so glad to be back in New York. Los Angeles can be so cold, so cruel after you’ve been-what’s the word?-oh yes: ‘fired.’” – Bette Midler
123. “I don’t like Los Angeles. The people are awful and terribly shallow, and everybody wants to be famous but nobody wants to play the game. I’m from New York. I will do whatever to get what I need.” – Lady Gaga
124. “Many of my friends back in New York and elsewhere have a glib or dismissive attitude toward Los Angeles. It’s a place of strip malls and traffic and not much else, in their opinion.” – Moby
125. “Los Angeles is in love with its limitless horizontality, as New York may be with its verticality.” – Jean Baudrillard
126. “Cities are distinguished by the catastrophic forms they presuppose and which are a vital part of their essential charm. New York is King Kong, or the blackout, or vertical bombardment: Towering Inferno. Los Angeles is the horizontal fault, California breaking off and sliding into the Pacific: Earthquake.” – Jean Baudrillard
127. “One good thing about New York is that most people function daily while in a low-grade depression. It’s not like if you’re in Los Angeles, where everyone’s so actively working on cheerfulness and mental and physical health that if they sense you’re down, they shun you. Also, all that sunshine is a cruel joke when you’re depressed. In New York, even in your misery, you feel like you belong.” – Mindy Kaling
Hollywood Instagram Captions and Quotes
128. “Welcome to Hollywood.”
129. “People just assume that if you’re famous, you’re in Hollywood.”
130. “Sending my selfie to Hollywood, because I’m a star.”
131. “Hollywood isn’t a place. It’s a way of life.”
132. “Pretty soon, you’ll find my name on one of these stars.”
133. “You can’t find any true closeness in Hollywood, because everybody does the fake closeness so well.” – Carrie Fisher
134. “From Hollywood & Vine to the sunset strip, there’s so much going on you can lose your grip.” – B.B. King
135. “That’s all gone, now, the old, Hollywood.”
Beverly Hills Captions
136. “Once upon a time in Beverly Hills.”
137. “Beverly Hills, That’s where I want to be.”
138. “Life is short and Beverly Hills is huge.”
139. “In Beverly Hills, they don’t throw garbage away. They make it into television shows.”
140. “I think Beverly Hills looks pretty good on me.”
141. “Follow your heart, even if it takes you all the way to Beverly Hills.”
142. “A day of shopping? That will Beverly nice!”
143. “A little place called Beverly Hills.”
144. “When in doubt, go shopping in Beverly Hills.”
145. “Beverly Hills isn’t just funny, it’s hill-areas!”
146. “Somewhere between living and dreaming, there’s Beverly Hills.”
147. “Me and Beverly Hills: Love at first sight.”
148. “Just a casual day house hunting in Beverly Hills.”
149. “You can take the girl out of Beverly Hills, but you can’t take the Beverly Hills out of the girl.” – Kim Richards
Short Los Angeles Beach Quotes & Captions for Instagram
150. All I need are palm trees and this little slice of paradise.
151. I’m all about the palm trees and 80 degrees.
152. When in Los Angeles, go to the beach!
153. I can still hear the waves from the West Coast.
154. Find me where the waves are.
155. You, me, and the sea.
156. Palm trees & ocean breeze.
Malibu Instagram Captions & Quotes
157. A dream come true in Malibu
158. From the mountains to the beach: Malibu
159. The sky’s more blue in Malibu
160. With my boo in Malibu
161. “Move to California, Malibu is paradise” – David Geffen
162. “Malibu: With sounds of waves crashing, and the ocean at the doorstep, you feel like you are hours away from civilization. And with L.A. traffic, YOU ARE.” – Jennifer Harrison
163. “I had big dreams when I was a boy. And I can’t say that I never saw a beach house in Malibu in those dreams.” – Pierce Brosnan
Venice Beach Captions
164. “Ciao, Venice!”
165. “Venice Beach is always a good idea.”
166. “First rule of Venice Beach: do whatever floats your boat.”
167. “Viva la vida Venice.”
168. “Venice: that’s amore.”
169. “Venice dreaming.”
170. “I need some Vitamin V.”
Venice Beach Puns
171. “Water you think of Venice Beach?”
172. “Venice Beach is cray-sea!”
173. “Just me, muscle, and I at Venice Beach.”
174. “Which beach? Venice Beach? You need to be more Pacific.”
175. “Let’s taco ’bout my love for Venice Beach.”
176. “I can’t help it, I’m an aqua-holic.”
177. “Venice Beach is pier madness.”
178. “Venice Beach: sun and sand as far as the eye can sea.”
179. “Venice Beach, at your surf-ace”
Los Angeles Puns
180. “Keep palm and carry on.”
181. “Why did the fish come to Hollywood? He wanted to be a starfish.”
182. “Why did the cow come to Hollywood? To make mooo-vies.”
183. “What kind of tree can fit in your hands? A palm tree.”
184. “I’ve been a very bag girl today at the mall.”
185. “Where do LA ghosts go on Halloween? MaliBOO!”
186. “How do you reply to an email about someone freaking out at the Los Angeles International Airport? – Re:LAX”
187. “What does Los Angeles have in common with the Hobbit? – Smaug.”
Short California Instagram Captions & Puns
188. But first, let’s go to California
189. California dreamin’
190. California is always on my mind
191. California girl
192. “They write songs about California girls for a reason.”
193. I want a little bit of California
194. “Must be winter in California – there are a few clouds in the sky.”
195. California hair, don’t care
196. If I can’t go to heaven, let me go to California
197. California, I sea you
198. California is my sand-tuary
More Short Captions About Los Angeles For Instagram
200. Good morning LA.
201. “We were made in LA.”
202. “Take me to LA.”
203. “Pretty soon, you’ll find my name on one of these stars.”
204. “LA, where dreams come true.”
205. “Hello LA.”
206. “Stop saying tomorrow. Take a trip to Los Angeles now.”
207. “Living off of iced coffee and sunshine.”
208. “Lost in Los Angeles.”
209. “City of Angels.”
210. “A boulevard called sunset.”
211. “SMILE! You are in Los Angeles!”
212. “The sky is bluer in Los Angeles.”
213. “I’d be safe and warm if I was in L.A.”
214. “Just here for an In-n-Out burger.”
215. Living it Up in Los Angeles.
216. Los Angeles is my valentine.
217. Wonder who I’ll bump into here!
218. Feeling so starstruck in this city
219. Los Angeles, you’ve got to be more than the sum of your hats.
220. “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a trip to Los Angeles.”
221. “I think I lost my return ticket, guess I’ll have to stay!”
Lyrics About Los Angeles
222. “Hey L.A., it’s really really nice to meet ya.” – Ryan Beatty, “Hey L.A.”
223. “L.A. pick up the phone, I need to talk to you.” – The Main, “Birthday in Los Angeles”
224. “Rollin’ like a celebrity.” – Weezer, “Beverly Hills”
225. “Nothing comes close to the golden coast.” – Katy Perry, “California Gurls”
226. “Under the boardwalk, we’ll be havin’ some fun.” – The Drifters, “Under the Boardwalk”
227. “Climb up the H of the Hollywood sign, in these stolen moments the world is mine” – Lana Del Rey & The Weeknd, “Lust For Life”
228. “From Hollywood and Vine to the Sunset Strip, there’s so much going on you can lose your grip” – B.B. King, “Back In L.A.”
229. “Sweet dreams my LA ex.” – Rachel Stevens, ‘Sweet Dreams my LA ex’
230. “I hopped off the plane at LAX with a dream and my cardigan.” – Miley Cyrus, “Party in the USA”
231. “City of stars, are you shining just for me?” – La La Land, “City of Stars”
232. “Sometimes I feel like my only friend is the city I live in, the City of Angels.” — Red Hot Chili Peppers, ‘Under the Bridge’
Looking for day trips from Los Angeles? Head over to Las Vegas, just a few hours drive away!
LA Captions Summary
I hope you got lots of inspiration and ideas from these Los Angeles Instagram captions and were able to find the perfect one to go with your photo of LA. Whether it’s a famous quote, a funny pun or short caption, you’ll find one perfect for your Instagram photo of Los Angeles!
Do you know any other famous quotes or captions about Los Angeles? Feel free to leave any in the comments below if so!
Looking for more captions and quotes for other places in America? Check out these articles:
170 New York Captions For Instagram
200+ Florida Captions & Quotes
206 Miami Captions For Instagram
72 Tampa Captions For Instagram
Like this post on Los Angeles captions for Instagram? Pin it for later!