Looking for ideas for the best Instagram captions, puns and quotes about Maine to go with your Instagram photos?
Known for it’s fresh lobsters, it’s many lighthouses, forests, rocky coastline and rugged landscapes, whether you plan to spend your time in Maine hiking, whale watching, kayaking or just relaxing and enjoying the sights – there’s something for every outdoor lover in Maine.
Maine is a fantastic place to photograph, and is also known as The Pine Tree State as almost 90% of the land area in the state is made up of pine trees!
This article eliminates the hard work of trying to come up with a caption for your Instagram photo as it gives you all the best captions, quotes and puns about Maine.
If you’re heading to Maine, you’re there right now, or you’re just wanderlusting and looking for some inspiration, you’ll find 183 short captions, cute and meaningful quotes , funny puns and jokes as well as one-liners for your Maine Instagram pictures right here!
Looking for Instagram captions for other places in North America? Check out these articles:
237 Texas Instagram Captions
155 Las Vegas Captions & Quotes
121 Hawaii Instagram Captions
206 Miami Instagram Captions
200+ Florida Instagram Captions
150 Chicago Captions for Instagram!
130 Toronto Quotes
177 Niagara Falls Quotes
180 Canada Quotes
Best Maine Captions For Instagram
1. If lost, return to Maine.
2. Off to Maine I go, to lose my mind and find my soul
3. I wonder if Maine misses me too
4. There’s Maine…. And then there’s everywhere else.
5. I want a little bit of Maine
6. Maine: Where the mountains meet the sea.
7. Maine is calling and I must go
8. Maine is always a good idea.
9. Once upon a time in Maine
10. Life is short, go to Maine!
11. Welcome to Maine, the way life should be.
12. If the question involves Maine, the answer is yes.
13. You haven’t loved until you’ve sailed.
14. Maine is so much more than just a place on the map.
15. Me and Maine: Love at first sight
16. I can finally tick Maine off my bucket list.
Best Maine Quotes For Instagram Captions
17. “I would really rather feel bad in Maine than good anywhere else.” – E.B. White
18. “Maine is a beautiful place that I paradoxically want to hoard to myself and share with everyone I meet.” – John Hodgman
19. “Located on the East Coast of the United States, Maine is famous for its wild, untamed scenery. Rocky, windswept beaches line the coast.”– Robin S. Doak
20. “Maine is a movable music festival in the summertime.” – Sue Hubbell
21. “Maine is wonderful. It can be very hard. I mean, if you look at the profile maps it doesn’t look it, but somehow when you get out there it’s really steep and hard.” – Bill Bryson
22. “When life gives you lemons, order the lobster tail.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
23. “Dear Maine, thank you for making me feel tiny, humble, inspired, and salty…all at once.” – Unknown
24. “Friendship is a pretty village perched above a working lobster harbor.” –Walter Cronkite
25. “In a way, I’m very interested in writing about Maine, because I think Maine represents its own kind of history. It’s the oldest state, and it’s the whitest state.” — Elizabeth Strout
26. “I would give the greatest sunset in the world for one sight of the Maine coastline with you.” – Unknown
Cute Maine Instagram Captions
27. Greetings from Maine.
28. I’d rather be in Maine.
29. Happiness is not a state of mind, but a trip to Maine.
30. Once upon a time in Maine.
31. Either you love Maine or you are wrong.
32. There’s no place like Maine.
33. Maine is my therapy.
34. Meet me in Maine.
35. Maine: the only place where I get excited over rocks!
36. To the untrained eye, its just another rocky Maine coastline. To us, it’s home.
37. Maine: where nature comes to life.
38. Relationship status: In love with sunsets and this state
39. Maine, I’m yours!
40. Home is where the heart is, and the heart is in Maine.
41. I should probably move here, right?
Short Maine Instagram Captions
42. There’s no place like Maine.
43. Me, myself and Maine
44. I need some Maine time.
45. I really, really like Maine
46. The Pine Tree State
47. Take me back to Maine.
48. Border State
49. Down East
50. Maine has my heart
51. The Polar Star State
52. The Lumber State
53. Made in Maine.
54. The Switzerland of America
55. I’ve got a crush on Portland
Funny Maine Joke Caption Puns For Instagram
56. What’s a Lion’s favourite state to live in? Maine.
57. I always find the plots of Stephen King novels easy to follow. There’s always a Maine character.
58. Why you taking your girl to Maine this summer? I’m going to Bangor.
59. Our sailing trip in Maine was going great… until we were capsized by Augusta wind.
60. Do you know you can’t hang a man with a wooden leg in Maine? You have to use a rope.
61. My girlfriend lives in Portland, she’s my Maine hoe. But I got a girl in Boise who’s my Sidaho.
62. Found myself a good catch in Maine
63. What do you call a Mexican that lives in Maine? An L.L.Beaner
64. Are there several ways to abbreviate Maine? Or is it just me
Funny Maine Puns For Instagram
65. Maine shore is pretty!
66. Shell we dance?
67. I wish you were Maine.
68. I love my Maine squeeze
69. Feeling a little shellfish tonight.
70. Shell yeah, Maine!
71. I can sea clearly now
72. What the shell?
73. I’m on a roll in Maine
74. I love you to Maine and back.
75. Life is better in a Maine state of mind.
76. Let’s shell-ebrate the good times in Maine
77. Sea you in Maine.
78. It was Maine-t to be!
79. Long time, no sea.
80. Shell yeah, I’m going to Maine!
81. May the forest be with you.
Inspiring Maine Captions For Instagram
82. You can’t buy happiness but you can buy a plane ticket to Maine and thats pretty much the same thing.
83. Not leaving anything behind in Maine but my heart.
84. Whatever you need, you’ll find it in Maine.
85. Living that Maine life
86. Dear Maine, I think about you all the time.
87. I left my heart in Maine.
88. Making memories in Maine.
89. They say do what makes you happy so I came to Maine.
90. I’m in a good place right now. Not emotionally, I’m just in Maine.
91. Off to Maine I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
Inspiring Maine Quotes For Instagram
92. “Did you ever see a place that looks like it was built just to enjoy? Well, this whole state of Maine looks that way to me.” – Will Rogers
93. “I looked along the San Juan Islands and the coast of California, but I couldn’t find the palette of green, granite, and dark blue that you can only find in Maine.” – Parker Stevenson
94. “I tell you, the real winner today is the city of Portland. Every time I come here it gets hard to leave. I bet you put something to the water.” – Happy Gilmore
95. “The spirit of Maine has infected me.” – John Hodgman
96. “As Maine goes, so goes the nation.” – Susan Ratcliffe
97. “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.” – Maxime Lagacé
Winter & Seasonal Quotes About Maine For Instagram
98. “Winter in Maine is a time of alternating rest and frenzied activity.” – Tom Allen
99. “In this part of the world, only Maine gives winter the welcome and the worship it should have.” – Tom Allen
100. “Maine is a joy in the summer. But the soul of Maine is more apparent in the winter.” – Paul Theroux
101. “Spring and fall are also comfortable. Maine’s fall foliage attracts visitors from around the world.” – Robin S. Doak
102. “Maine out of season is unmistakably a great destination: hospitable, good-humoured, plenty of elbow room, short days, dark nights of ice crystals.” – Paul Theroux
103. “I love the smell of freshly cut grass. It takes me back to summers in Maine.” – Rachel Nichols
104. “The only way to get through a Maine winter is with lots of hot chocolate.” – Unknown
Though-Provoking Quotes About Maine
105. “The branch had unquestionably been whacked from a tree in the woods behind our son’s house in Maine and had made the long trip south. It wore the look and carried the smell of authenticity.” – E.B. White
106. “You can certainly learn to spell ‘moccasin’ while driving into Maine, and there is often little else to do, except steer and avoid leaving.” – E.B. White
107. “She said it’s the one thing that brings us all together. That I can have my toe in the ocean off the coast of Maine, and a girl my age can have her toe in the ocean off the coast of Africa, and we would be touching. On opposite sides of the world.” – Megan Miranda
108. “I never fastened my door, night or day, though I was to be absent several days; not even when the next fall I spent a fortnight in the woods of Maine. And yet my house was more respected than if it had been surrounded by a file of soldiers.” – Henry David Thoreau
109. “In Maine, there’s a deeply ingrained sense that you can always get a little more use out of something.” – Tim Sample
110. “The jobless recovery in Maine is much more of a reality than we thought it was.” — Charles J. Colgan
Quotes About Living In Maine
112. “I felt like I’d been misplaced in the cosmos and I belonged in Maine.” –Terry Goodkind
113. “Maine people have a live-and-let-live philosophy, and tend to be fair and open-minded.” – Chellie Pingree
114. “I am a big lover of the environment. I actually come from Maine, which is pretty much all environment.” – Noah Gray-Cabey
115. “I think of those first five years in Maine as the time when this happened to me… I was suddenly seeing, feeling, and listening as a child sees, feels, and listens.” – E.B. White
116. “My grandfather once told her if you couldn’t read with cold feet, there wouldn’t be a literate soul in the state of Maine.” – Marilynne Robinson
117. “There’s a quality of life in Maine which is this singular and unique. I think. It’s absolutely a world onto itself.” – Jamie Wyeth
118. “When I was a child growing up in Maine, one of my favourite things to do was to look for the sand dollars on the seashores of Maine, because my parents told me it would bring me luck. But you know, these shells, they were hard to find. They’re covered in sand. They’re difficult to see.” – Sarah Parcak
119. “I was born and raised in a small town in Maine, Waterville. I enjoyed living there – still do – and my goal in life was a fairly specific and focused one of practising law in Maine.” – George J. Mitchel
120. “The beauty of Maine is such that you can’t really see it clearly while you live there. But now that I’ve moved away, with each return it all becomes almost hallucinatory: the dark blue water, the rocky coast with occasional flashes of white sand, the jasper stone beaches along the coast, the fire and fir forests somehow vivid in their stillness.” – Alexander Chee
121. “I grew up on a dirt road in Maine, and pretty much everybody on that dirt road was related to me, and they were old. And so grumpy.” – Elizabeth Strout
Maine Lobster Rolls Instagram Captions & Puns
122. Here for the views and lobster rolls
123. Falling hard for Maine…and these lobster rolls
124. Today’s forecast: 100% chance of lobster rolls.
125. Did somebody say lobster?
126. Seas the day! Order the lobster.
127. Life is short. Eat lobster.
128. Party like a lobstar
129. This lobster’s my butter half.
130. Lobster is butter when we’re together
131. Just lobster rolls and lighthouses.
132. The world is your lobster!
133. Today’s good mood is sponsored by lobster rolls.
Maine Lighthouse Quotes
134. “If you are a lighthouse, you cannot hide yourself; if you hide yourself, you cannot be a lighthouse!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
135. “If you close your eyes, no lighthouse can help you!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan.
136. “Man must behave like a lighthouse; he must shine day and night for the goodness of everyman.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
137. “You were my lighthouse when I was lost at sea without you, I would never have found me.” – Gemma Troy.
138. “Lighthouses are not just stone, brick, metal, and glass. There’s a human story at every lighthouse; that’s the story I want to tell.” – Elinor DeWire
139. “Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.” – Anne Lamott
140. “Once the lighthouse is seen, the rest of the sea is ignored.” – Terri Guillemets
141. “Let hope be your Lighthouse, beckoning you through stormy seas.” – Jessica De La Davies
142. “I’m like a lighthouse! I stayed lit for you man! I never go dark.” – Very Bad Things
143. “Friends are like lighthouses, with the sources of light coming from their hearts.” – Tom Baker
144. “A ship on the beach is a lighthouse to the sea.” – Unknown
145. “Be a lighthouse. Shine for others when they are in darkness.” – Unknown
146. “Don’t forget that maybe you are the lighthouse in someone’s storm.” – Unknown
147. “The scars you share become lighthouses for other people who are headed to the same rocks you hit.” – Unknown
Maine Lighthouse Captions For Instagram
148. The lighthouse, the sea and me
149. Never met a lighthouse I didn’t like
150. Enjoying life one lighthouse at a time
151. Just a girl who loves lighthouses
Maine Ocean Quotes For Instagram
152. “Should fate unkind send us to roam, the scent of fragrant pines, the tang of salty sea will call us home.” – State of Maine song
153. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” – Jacques Yves Cousteau
154. “Don’t spend your entire life building a ship, without ever tasting the salt of the ocean.” – Alexander Den Heijer
155. “I love the ocean. I’ve always liked the blue, so tranquil and peaceful and gliding. And the fear of it.” – Siouxsie Sioux
156. “Treasures of the sea can be found at the beach. Let go and discover!” – Catherine Pulsifer
157. “Advice from the Ocean: Be shore of yourself. Come out of your shell. Take time to coast. Avoid pier pressure. Sea life’s beauty. Don’t get so tide down on work that you miss out on life’s beautiful waves.” – Unknown
158. “That the sea is one of the most beautiful and magnificent sights in Nature, I’ll admit.” — John Joly
159. “Sometimes she wants to drift away like ocean waves and sometimes she wants to stay still like a river, wrapped in solitude.”― Nitya Prakash
160. “There’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.” – Sarah Kay
161. “Each kiss of an ocean wave is passed along, as long as there is life on and in the seas.” – Anthony T. Hincks
162. “What do they long for, as I long for one salt smell of the sea once more?” –Edna St. Vincent Millay
163. “The sea does not like to be restrained.” – Rick Riordan
164. “Life is like the ocean, it goes up and down.” – Vanessa Paradis
165. “The sea lives in every one of us.” – Robert Wyland
166. “Life is like an ocean, jump right in.” – Cliff Hannold
Maine Ocean Captions For Instagram
167. The ocean breeze puts my mind at ease
168. I hope to be as free as the ocean
169. Nothing soothes the soul like a day by the water.
170. I love you like the sea loves the shore.
171. Me and the ocean: Love at first sight.
172. You me and the sea
173. An ocean breeze puts a mind at ease.
Captions About People From Maine
174. Mainers don’t have “midnight snacks”…they have “bed lunches.”
175. Mainers don’t eat until “full”…they get “mugup.”
176. Mainers don’t ask “what are you doing?”…they say “Chuppta?”
177. Mainers don’t become “senior citizens”…they become “old timers.”
178. Mainers don’t drive small distances…they go “up the road apiece.”
179. “In Maine we have a saying that there’s no point in speaking unless you can improve on silence.” – Edmund Muskie
Song Lyrics About Maine
180. “Portland, Maine, I don’t know where that is. Leave your bags in the car, keep it running. I won’t pretend, I don’t want these things. But Portland Maine, I don’t know where that is. And I don’t want to know, I don’t want to know” – Portland, Maine – Tim McGraw
181. “Rolling down two ninety five out of Portland, Maine. Still high from the people up there and feeling no pain. Gonna make it to New Jersey, gonna set it up and do it again” – Nothing But Time – Jackson Browne
182. “Sometimes I wanna pack it all up, Get on a bus and move to Vermont or Maine, or any of those states back East” – Long Time Sunshine-Weezer
183. “It’s Maine… and it’s Autumn. The birches have just begun turning. Its life and its dying. The lobstermen’s boats come returning with the catch of they day in their holds and the young boys cold and complaining. The fog meets the beaches and out on the Reach it is raining” – Reach – Dan Fogelberg
Maine Puns, Captions & Quotes For Instagram Summary
I hope you got lots of inspiration and ideas from these Maine captions, puns and quotes and were able to find the perfect one to go with your Instagram photos!
If you’ve reached the end of this mammoth list of Maine puns, quotes and captions well done I am impressed! Hopefully you found a Maine pun or caption that was perfect for you. Whether you preferred the short, inspirational, cute or romantic Maine captions, or one of the famous quotes or the silly puns, there’s a great selection here.
If you do know any more Maine quotes, puns or captions – let me know in the comments below as I love hearing from you guys!
Like this post on Maine puns, Maine quotes & Maine Instagram captions? Pin it for later!