Heading to a Mardi Gras celebration and looking for some great captions, quotes or puns to share with your Instagram photos?
Whether you’re headed to celebrate Mardi Gras in the city most famous for it: New Orleans, or at another Mardi Gras celebration such as the well-known ones in Rio de Janeiro, Venice – Italy or even in Sydney – Australia, you’re bound to have an unforgettable time!
Mardi Gras translates literally to mean “Fat Tuesday” but is more commonly known as “Shrove Tuesday”. It marks the last day before Lent, when many Christians traditionally give up one of their luxuries – or ‘fast’ in the 40 day lead-up to Easter.
The name Mardi Gras comes from the feasting that happens on this last day of indulgence. Nowadays however, in many places the celebrations actually last for days and sometimes even weeks.
They include lots of music, dancing food and parades, and attending a Mardi Gras parade is really fun!
The Mardi Gras in New Orleans is without a doubt the creme de la creme of Mardi Gras’ and if you only get to experience one in your life it has to be this!
You’re sure to take lots of photographs at your Mardi Gras celebrations and want to share to your Instagram with the perfect caption!
Here are all my favourite Mardi Gras captions, puns and quotes – just pick the one that will go perfectly with your pictures!
You’ll find 118 funny captions, short captions, meaningful quotes, puns as well as jokes and one-liners for your Mardi Gras Instagram pictures right here!
Best Mardi Gras Quotes For Instagram Captions
1. “Mardi Gras is a state of mind.” – Ed Muniz
2. “Mardi Gras is in our soul.” – Kim Priez
3. “It’s a great party, and anyone who doesn’t enjoy Mardi Gras is not of this world.” – Franklin Alvarado
4. “It’s in our soul to have Mardi Gras.” – Arthur Hardy
5. “Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins.” — Paris Hilton
Best Mardi Gras Captions
6. Beads and bling: it’s a Mardi Gras thing.
7. Mardi Gras is always a good idea.
8. There’s no time like Mardi Gras.
9. What happens at Mardi Gras, stays at Mardi Gras.
10. Stay in your Mardi Gras magic, babe.
Short Mardi Gras Captions
11. Life is a party
12. Happy Mardi Gras!
13. Having a ball at Mardi Gras.
14. Keep calm and party on
15. Peace, love, and lots of Mardi Gras parties.
Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras Captions
16. On Tuesdays, we wear beads
17. Fat Tuesday: I’ve been training for this.
18. I am fat every Tuesday.
19. My favorite Tuesday of the year.
20. Fat Tuesday is the best Tuesday.
21. Everywhere else, it’s just Tuesday
22. Fat Tuesday for the win.
23. The only good Tuesday is Fat Tuesday
Mardi Gras Parade Captions
24. It’s Carnival time!
25. Ready for parades and party vibes
26. We don’t hide crazy, we parade it down the street
27. What happens on the float, stays on the float
Funny Mardi Gras Captions
28. New year, new me…after Mardi Gras.
29. Mardi Gras is the only day of the year where my behavior is not frowned upon
30. Who says you need to be at Mardi Gras to drink all day?
31. Fat Tuesday is the only Tuesday I like
32. I’m immature, unorganized, irresponsible, and loud. Thank God its Mardi Gras
33. Remind me to delete these posts when I have kids.
34. I don’t need an excuse to drink on a Tuesday
Funny Mardi Gras Puns
35. Life of the Mardi
36. You gotta fight for your right to Mardi
37. Pour me a Mardi-rita
38. Mardi on
Funny Mardi Gras Beads Puns
39. I feel the need, the need for beads
40. You can’t bead Mardi Gras
41. I’m kind of a bead deal
42. I like big beads and I cannot lie
43. I can’t bead-lieve how fun Mardi Gras is!
Mardi Gras Beads Captions
44. OK, but first beads
45. All things are possible with beads and bling.
46. It’s the beads and bling that matter most
47. All you need is love and some really nice beads.
48. It all starts with one little bead.
49. Hit me with your best beads
50. Life is short. Buy the beads.
51. Beads are a girl’s best friend
52. Beads are a girl’s best friend.
53. Beads or it didn’t happen
54. Will do bad deeds for plastic beads.
55. Beads or bust.
56. All about the beads
57. Pass the beads!
New Orleans Mardi Gras Captions
58. Every day is Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
59. You have to experience Mardi Gras in New Orleans at least once.
60. Laissez les bons temps rouler! – Let the good times roll!
61. Life is short, go to New Orleans on Mardi Gras!
62. Leaving a little glitter in New Orleans.
63. Straight outta New Orleans.
64. I’ve been put under the NOLA spell.
65. Big fun in the Big Easy.
66. My Mardi krewe!
67. Me + you = my favorite krewe
New Orleans Mardi Gras King Cake Captions
68. There is nothing King Cake can’t fix
69. King cake bakes me crazy.
70. The best things in life are meant to be shared. Especially king cake
71. Some dream of king cake, others bake it happen.
72. King cake calories don’t count
73. From now on sweet dreams are made of king cake & dancing at Mardi Gras
74. Nobody puts baby in the king cake.
75. Let them eat king cake
76. Will run for king cake
77. You can’t buy happiness but you can buy beads and king cake and that’s pretty much the same thing.
Mardi Gras Glitter & Sparkle Captions
78. Leave a little sparkle wherever you go
79. My favorite color is glitter
80. ‘She’s wearing too much glitter.’ – said no one ever
81. Everyone deserves to shine, smile, and sparkle
82. This might be our most blinged-out adventure yet
83. Hey mister, throw me one of those
84. Less bitter, more glitter.
85. You’re not fully dressed until you sparkle
86. It’s time to get jazzy.
Cute Mardi Gras Captions
87. Let the good times roll.
88. Keep calm and throw on.
89. Lookin’ snazzy, feelin’ jazzy.
90. Confetti hair, don’t care.
91. Confetti in my hair, cocktail in my hand.
92. Throw me something!
93. Hey mister, throw me one of those.
New Orleans Mardi Gras Food Captions
94. Po-Boys > Boys
95. Call me Cajun.
96. Shrimp and rice and everything nice.
97. It’s beignet a while.
98. Pass the beignets, it’s Mardi Gras!
99. Beignet, done that.
Mardi Gras Streets Captions
100. Beads, bling, and Bourbon Street.
101. What happens on Bourbon stays on Bourbon.
102. Bringing Beale Street to my street.
103. Beale Street Squad.
104. Frenchman Street love.
105. Meet you on Frenchmen Street!
106. Bringing the Big Easy to my living room.
107. Catch me in the French Quarter.
New Orleans Mardi Gras Quotes
108. “There was a change in the air. It was Mardi Gras in New Orleans, after all.” — Penelope Douglas
109. “An American has not seen the United States until he has seen Mardi Gras in New Orleans.” – Mark Twain
110. “Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once.” – Chris Rose
111. “New Orleans is my essence, my soul, my muse.” — Harry Connick, Jr.
112. “There is no other place on Earth even remotely like New Orleans. Don’t even try to compare it to anywhere else.” — Anthony Bourdain
113. “There are a lot of places I like, but I like New Orleans better.” — Bob Dylan
114. “Fighting a Mardi-Gras-In-New-Orleans crowd for eight blocks from Trahan’s Tavern on St. Peter to Bourbon O on Bourbon was like a man being willing to swim the Nile, climb Mount Everest, and cross the Sahara for true love.” – Erin Nicholas
115. “A great, wild, adult thing to see is the costume competition in front of the bar Oz on Bourbon early morning on Fat Tuesday.” – Bryan Batt
116. “New Orleans is like the bad-kid island in Pinocchio.” — Jonah Hill
117. “It’s always on everyone’s list, like, ‘What’s New Orleans like?’ I think people have a preconceived idea, like it’s just Mardi Gras and Bourbon Street. But really, there’s so much culture, the music’s great, the food’s great. It’s not good for the waistline! But I’m actually from the South, I’m from Georgia, so the weather doesn’t bother me.”- Sung Kang
118. “If you love New Orleans, she’ll love you back.” — Drew Brees
Mardi Gras Quotes, Mardi Gras Captions & Mardi Gras Puns For Instagram Summary
Hopefully you got lots of inspiration and ideas from these Mardi Gras Instagram captions, quotes and puns and were able to find the ideal one to go with your photos!
Whether it’s a famous quote, a funny pun or short caption, you should be able to find one perfect for your Mardi Gras photo!
Do you know any other famous quotes or captions about Mardi Gras? Feel free to leave them in the comments below if so!
Like this post on Mardi Gras Quotes, Mardi Gras Captions & Mardi Gras Puns? Pin it for later!