Are you looking for some great captions, quotes or puns about New Orleans, Louisiana (NOLA) to share with your Instagram photos?
The city of New Orleans is magic – the music, the history, the food, the people, everything! New Orleans is unlike anywhere else you have been in your life and it’s easy to see why this is one of the world’s most beloved cities!
New Orleans is a fantastic city, full of iconic and historic places.
From the French Quarter to the St Louis Cemetery, The Garden District, Bourbon Street, the St Charles Streetcar and Marie Laveau’s House – this city is full of places you’ll want to take photographs of and share to your Instagram!
Here are all my favourite captions, puns and quotes about New Orleans – just pick the one that will go perfectly with your pictures!
If you’re heading to New Orleans, you’re there right now, or you’re just wanderlusting and looking for some inspiration, you’ll find 166 funny captions, short captions, meaningful quotes, puns as well as jokes and one-liners for your New Orleans Instagram pictures right here!
Looking for captions and quotes for other great cities in America? Check out these articles:
Best New Orleans Captions for Instagram
1. Oh darling, why don’t we just stay in New Orleans.
2. Life is better in New Orleans.
3. Woke up in New Orleans.
4. Somewhere between living and dreaming, there’s New Orleans.
5. My heart belongs in New Orleans.
6. New Orleans, old dreams. Good times, easy themes.
Short New Orleans Instagram Captions
7. I’d rather be in New Orleans.
8. New Orleans, I’m yours!
9. I want a little bit of New Orleans.
10. Getting lost in the French Quarter.
11. I’ve been put under the NOLA spell
12. New Orleans is my happy place.
Love New Orleans Captions
13. I love you from here to New Orleans.
14. Just a girl who loves New Orleans.
15. P.S. I love New Orleans.
16. Either you love New Orleans or you are wrong.
17. I left my heart in New Orleans.
18. I fell in love. His name is New Orleans.
19. New Orleans was my first love and it shall be my last.
Inspirational New Orleans Captions for Instagram
20. Dreams come true in New Orleans.
21. Everything in New Orleans is a good idea.
22. All you need is love and a trip to New Orleans.
23. Feed your soul in New Orleans.
Read more: 550 Captions About Traveling
Motivational New Orleans Captions
24. New Orleans let’s do it.
25. Thank you New Orleans for making me feel so alive.
26. You cannot stop New Orleans.
27. Follow your heart, even if it takes you all the way to New Orleans.
28. I’m from New Orleans, we do not keep calm, we laugh a lot and talk loud and wave our hands. We love our good food, our good music, and good times. We’ve been through hell and back. In spite of everything WE DO CARRY ON!
Cute New Orleans Captions
29. Once upon a time in New Orleans.
30. Dear New Orleans, you’re my absolute favorite.
31. New Orleans is calling and I must go.
32. Dear New Orleans, I will never get over you.
33. Hello New Orleans, your lights are fireflies in my heart.
Funny New Orleans Captions
34. What happens in New Orleans stays in New Orleans.
36. Only New Orleans is real, the rest is done with mirrors.
37. From now on sweet dreams are made of beignets and partying in New Orleans.
38. It’s a New Orleans thing, you wouldn’t understand.
39. I’m not saying I’m perfect. I’m just saying I was born in New Orleans.
New Orleans Food Captions & Puns
40. You can’t buy happiness but you can buy gumbo. And that’s kind of the same thing.
41. Enjoying life one beignet at a time.
42. Here for the views and gumbo.
43. Got a little cajun in my soul.
44. New Orleans, haven’t beignet.
45. Beignet, done that.
46. New Orleans, will you beignet mine?
Funny New Orleans Puns
47. I love New Orleans in party-icular.
48. I like big beads and I cannot lie.
49. Every building in Louisiana is either new or leans.
50. I wanna be loved bayou.
51. New Orleans, I will stand bayou.
52. Bayou babe.
Looking for more captions and quotes for other places in America? Check out these articles:
Quotes By People Who Love New Orleans
54. “There are a lot of places I like, but I like New Orleans better.”- Bob Dylan
55. “I’ve been all over the world. I love New York, I love Paris, San Francisco, so many places. But there’s no place like New Orleans. It’s got the best food. It’s got the best music. It’s got the best people. It’s got the most fun stuff to do.”- Harry Connick, Jr
56. “There’s certain things in life that I love. One is architecture. And music, culture, food, people. New Orleans has all of that.”- Lenny Kravitz
57. “I think New Orleans is such a beautiful city. It looks like a fairytale when you walk through the French Quarter or the Garden District. There is such a lush sense of color, style, architecture – and the people themselves.”- Anika Noni Rose
58. “I spent so many summers and New Years and fun times in New Orleans. It was always a place where I felt I could go and actually let go and enjoy the spirit of something.”- Sandra Bullock
Powerful New Orleans Quotes
59. “Everytime I close my eyes blowing that trumpet of mine, I look right into the heart of good old New Orleans. It has given me something to live for.”- Louis Armstrong
60. “There is no other place on earth even remotely like New Orleans. Don’t even try to compare it to anywhere else.”- Anthony Bourdain
61. “If you’re open to it, New Orleans will teach you about yourself, but if you want to hide who you really are, the city will help you do that too.”- Laurrell K. Hamilton
62. “I returned to New Orleans, and as soon as I smelled the air, I knew I was home. It was rich, almost sweet, like the scent of jasmine and roses around our old courtyard. I walked the streets, savoring that long last perfume.”- Anne Rice
Quotes About New Orleans Compared To Other American Cities
63. “New Orleans is one of the two most ingrown, self-obsessed little cities in the United States. (The other is San Francisco.)”- Nora Ephron
64. “New Orleans is unlike any city in America. Its cultural diversity is woven into the food, the music, the architecture — even the local superstitions. It’s a sensory experience on all levels and there’s a story lurking around every corner.”- Ruta Sepetys
65. “You get a taste here in New Orleans that you don’t get anywhere else in the country.”- Regis Philbin
66. “You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you.”- Chris Rose
67. “In America, there might be better gastronomic destinations than New Orleans, but there is no place more uniquely wonderful.”- Anthony Bourdain
Living in New Orleans Quotes
68. “I live in New Orleans, because it’s the strangest city in the United States. It has the highest murder rate in the country, the highest incarceration rate, and often we have to boil our drinking water, but there’s nowhere else remotely like it.”- Nathaniel Rich
69. “People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in just the same way.”- Ian McNulty
70. “And we live in a French Quarter a lot of the time, in New Orleans. And the camaraderie of everybody there. Everybody takes care of each other.”- Delta Burke
Inspirational New Orleans Quotes
71. “No matter where in the world you go, New Orleans is always a part of you.”- Drew Brees
72. “And you find as a writer there are certain spots on the planet where you write better than others, and I believe in that. And New Orleans is one of them.”- Jimmy Buffett
73. “When you go to New Orleans, you’re not just going to a city, you’re going to an entire culture.”- James Carville
74. “The one thing that sticks with me is that I love New Orleans. It’s not a city. It’s a way of life. It’s a place that you fall deeply in love with.”- Jesse Moore
Motivational New Orleans Quotes
75. “You wanna do some livin’ before you die. Do it down in New Orleans.”- Dr. John
76. “New Orleans is my essence, my soul, my muse.”- Harry Connick, Jr
77. “There is something about New Orleans that embodies passion; I’ve never seen that before. There’s something tangible about the essence of the city. You can taste and smell it.”- Blake Lively
78. “New Orleans. More than many places I know. Actually tangibly lives its culture. It’s not just a residual of life: it’s a part of life.”– Wendell Pierce
Funny New Orleans Quotes
79. “What happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but what happens in New Orleans, goes home with you.”- Laurrell K. Hamilton
80. “If there was no New Orleans, America would just be a bunch of free people dying of boredom.”- Chris Rose
81. “Even the sidewalks in New Orleans had personality.”-Hunter Murphy
82. “You don’t need a guidebook to see New Orleans – just a good pair of shoes.”- James Carville
83. “New Orleans food is as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin.”- Mark Twain
Short Quotes About New Orleans
84. “New Orleans is like the bad-kid island in Pinocchio.”- Jonah Hill
85. “People from New Orleans are very prideful.”- Solagne Knowles
86. “You knows dat in New Orleans is not morning ’til dee sun come up.”- Tom Robbins
87. “New Orleans is just a doggone fun place to be.”- Archie Manning
88. “If you love New Orleans, she’ll love you back.”- Drew Brees
Love New Orleans Quotes
89. “How did you fall in love with New Orleans? At once, madly. Looking back, sometimes I think it was destined.”- Andrei Codrescu
90. “I have a love/hate relationship with the city of New Orleans, which is the strongest kind of relationship.”- Nicolas Cage
91. “New Orleans will always be in my heart. New Orleans raised me – it’s in my blood.”- Aaron Neville
92. “Don’t you just love those long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn’t just an hour – but a little piece of eternity dropped into your hands – and who knows what to do with it?”- Tennessee Williams
93. “There are only two things: love, all sorts of love, with pretty girls, and the music of New Orleans or Duke Ellington. Everything else ought to go, because everything else is ugly.”- Boris Vian
94. “I love New Orleans physically. I love the trees and the balmy air and the beautiful days.”- Anne Rice
Quotes About New Orleans Culture
95. “In other places culture comes down from on high. In New Orleans, it bubbles up from the streets.”- Ellis Marsalis
96. “One of the things that’s beautiful about New Orleans is how culturally rich we are and how well we have worked together. People call us a gumbo. It’s really important that we get focused on the very simple notion that diversity is a strength, it’s not a weakness.”- Mitch Landrieu
97. “Everybody here has a story. New Orleans was always a place where people talked too much even if they had nothing to say.”- Chris Rose
98. “In New Orleans, we celebrate everything. It’s probably the only place you’ll see people dancing in a funeral home.”- Trombone Shorty
99. “She is a New Orleans girl and New Orleans girls never live anywhere else and even if they do, they always come back. That’s just the way it is. This is where she belongs. End of discussion.”- Chris Rose
Quotes About New Orleans Music
100. “I’m not sure, but I’m almost positive, that all music came from New Orleans.”- Ernie K. Doe
101. “There’s a difference between the blues of the New Orleans guys and anyone else, but I can’t figure out the name of it. It’s a different chord, and they all make it.”- Jimmy Rushing
102. “New Orleans is like a big musical gumbo. The sound I have is from being in the city my whole life.”- Trombone Shorty
103. “There’s pride on Bourbon Street for the musicians that work there. I’ve never worked there or played in band there, but it’s a part of the city. They play for the tourists and represent a whole different side of the culture of our city.”- Trombone Shorty
Night Time Quotes About New Orleans
104. “When a lot of people are calling it a night at 2 AM, New Orleans is coming alive.”- Mannie Fresh
105. “New Orleans is awake all night, and every night is a party.”- Kodi Smit-McPhee
106. “New Orleans life is such a night life. The thing that comes up very often is that our day essentially doesn’t start until midnight or 2 in the morning.”- Robert Asprin
107. “From Bourbon Street to Baton Rouge, the freaks come out at night in Louisiana. And nowhere are they more raucous and unnerving than at Tiger Stadium.”- Pat Forde
108. “One of the best moments I’ve ever had in New Orleans is seeing Bourbon Street filled on a weekend night not long ago. Just watching the city breathe again.”- Ray Nagin
Thought-Provoking New Orleans Quotes
109. “New Orleans is kind of dark in a very beautiful way.”- Nicole Gale Anderson
110. “If I could put my finger on it, I’d bottle it and sell it. I came down here originally in 1972 with some drunken fraternity guys and had never seen anything like it — the climate, the smells. It’s the cradle of music; it just flipped me. Someone suggested that there’s an incomplete part of our chromosomes that gets repaired or found when we hit New Orleans. Some of us just belong here.”- John Goodman
111. “New Orleans makes it possible to go to Europe without ever leaving the United States.”- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Interesting Quotes About New Orleans
112. “Surely, if Mother Nature had been consulted, she would never have consented to building a city in New Orleans.”- Mortimer Zuckerman
113. “The first thing you notice about New Orleans are the burying grounds – the cemeteries – and they’re a cold propositions, one of the best things there are here. Going by, you try to be as quiet as possible, better to let them sleep.”- Bob Dylan
114. “I took several trips to New Orleans and met with people who had intimate knowledge of the underbelly of the city in the 1950s. The meetings were both fascinating and terrifying.”- Ruta Sepetys
115. “I like historical fiction. I fell in love with New Orleans the first time I visited it. And I wanted to place a story in New Orleans.”- Isabel Allende
Quotes About New Orleans History
116. “The rebuilding of New Orleans is an important point in the history of the United States.”- Wynton Marsaliss
117. “New Orleans listens eagerly to the seductive promises of the future but keeps at least one foot planted in its history.”- Tom Robbins
118. “You’re young, it’s the wild-and-crazy party atmosphere, Bourbon Street. But there’s a lot of history in New Orleans, Civil War history, the French Quarter and the above-ground cemeteries.”- Deken Spanner
Bourbon Street Quotes
119. “Sorry for what I said when I wasn’t sipping a cocktail on Bourbon Street.”- Unknown
120. “I would like to see this become a Bourbon Street, where it’s not only entertainment, it’s where people live, where people work.”- Dan Dell
121. “I used to go to Bourbon Street when I was a kid and there would be club after club after club of people who were around when the music started. I mean these are legendary, maybe not so well known, but legendary musicians.”- Harry Connick, Jr
122. “I can finally tick ‘visit Bourbon Street’ off my bucket list.”- Unknown
123. “Bourbon Street is like playing, a tourist, you know? It’s just like a tourist attraction… those musicians on Bourbon Street, they play all day. They might start at 12 noon and end at 3 in the morning, like, it’s like sets, like a job. You go play, take a break, play again, take a break, then later on that night, the club gets busier, then you play some more. There’s pride. They’re a group of great musicians – and they’re holding it down.”- Troy Andrews
Mardi Gras Quotes For Instagram Captions
124. “It’s in our soul to have Mardi Gras.” – Arthur Hardy
125. “Mardi Gras is a state of mind.” – Ed Muniz
126. “It’s a great party, and anyone who doesn’t enjoy Mardi Gras is not of this world.” – Franklin Alvarado
127. “An American has not seen the United States until he has seen Mardi Gras in New Orleans.” – Mark Twain
128. “Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once.” – Chris Rose
129. “A great, wild, adult thing to see is the costume competition in front of the bar Oz on Bourbon early morning on Fat Tuesday.” – Bryan Batt
130. “Mardi Gras is in our soul.” – Kim Priez
131. “Fighting a Mardi-Gras-In-New-Orleans crowd for eight blocks from Trahan’s Tavern on St. Peter to Bourbon O on Bourbon was like a man being willing to swim the Nile, climb Mount Everest, and cross the Sahara for true love.” – Erin Nicholas
132. “It’s always on everyone’s list, like, ‘What’s New Orleans like?’ I think people have a preconceived idea, like it’s just Mardi Gras and Bourbon Street. But really, there’s so much culture, the music’s great, the food’s great. It’s not good for the waistline! But I’m actually from the South, I’m from Georgia, so the weather doesn’t bother me.”- Sung Kang
New Orleans Mardi Gras Captions
133. On Tuesdays, we wear beads
134. Everywhere else, it’s just Tuesday
135. The only good Tuesday is Fat Tuesday
136. Beads and bling: it’s a Mardi Gras thing.
137. Every day is Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
138. Laissez les bons temps rouler! – Let the good times roll!
New Orleans Mardi Gras Parade Captions
139. We don’t hide crazy, we parade it down the street
140. Ready for parades and party vibes
141. What happens on the float, stays on the float
142. It’s Carnival time!
Funny Mardi Gras Puns
143. Life of the Mardi
144. I like big beads and I cannot lie
145. Me + you = my favorite krewe
146. I’m kind of a bead deal
147. I can’t bead-lieve how fun Mardi Gras is!
148. You can’t bead Mardi Gras
149. You gotta fight for your right to Mardi
150. I feel the need, the need for beads
151. Pour me a Mardi-rita
Funny Mardi Gras Captions
152. Mardi Gras is the only day of the year where my behavior is not frowned upon
153. I don’t need an excuse to drink on a Tuesday
154. Fat Tuesday is the only Tuesday I like
Short Mardi Gras Captions
155. Life is a party
156. Keep calm and party on
157. Happy Mardi Gras!
158. My Mardi krewe!
159. Mardi on
New Orleans Mardi Gras Beads Captions
160. Hit me with your best beads
161. Beads are a girl’s best friend
162. OK, but first beads
163. Beads or it didn’t happen
164. All about the beads
165. Life is short. Buy the beads
166. It’s the beads and bling that matter most
Looking for more captions and quotes for other places in America? Check out these articles:
New Orleans Captions, Quotes & Puns For Instagram Summary
Hopefully you got lots of inspiration and ideas from these New Orleans Instagram captions, quotes and puns and were able to find the ideal one to go with your photos! Whether it’s a famous quote, a funny pun or short caption, you should be able to find one perfect for your New Orleans photo!
Do you know any other famous quotes or captions about New Orleans? Feel free to leave them in the comments below if so!