Are you looking for the best quotes, captions, or puns about New Zealand?
Whether you’re planning to do a road trip across New Zealand, visit on a Working Holiday Visa, or you live there, if you are looking for a caption to go with your New Zealand photos on social media, there are plenty of captions, puns, and quotes here to get you going!
New Zealand is an absolutely fantastic place to visit, and there are so many photo spots in New Zealand for you to take the perfect shot.
Whether it’s the mysterious Moeraki Boulders, the stunning lupin flowers at Lake Tekapo, the secret Tunnel Beach in Dunedin, the clear waters at Hokitika Falls, the famous viewpoint at Lake Matheson, or a day trip to Wellington, Christchurch, or the Maori village in Rotorua.
Of course with all your New Zealand Instagram photos you’ll most likely want to find some fabulous captions to go with them!
This article cuts out the hard work of trying to come up with a caption for your photo as it gives you all the best Instagram quotes, captions, and puns about New Zealand.
You’ll find 200 New Zealand captions here, from famous quotes to funny puns and inspiring captions – just pick the one that you like best!
Best New Zealand Captions
1. Going to New Zealand, be back never.
2. Work, save, travel NZ, repeat.
3. Aotearoa, you’re a breath of fresh air.
4. If the question involves New Zealand, the answer is yes.
5. There’s no time to be bored in New Zealand.
6. Kiwi vibes and New Zealand skies.
7. Any day is a good day in New Zealand
8. Chasing sunsets and Kiwi adventures.
9. I followed my heart, and it led me to New Zealand.
10. Dear New Zealand, I think about you all the time.
Short New Zealand Captions
11. Kia Ora
12. Wild and free.
13. Kiwi life is the sweet life.
14. New Zealand, I love you.
15. Gone to see Kiwis.
16. Livin’ the Kiwi dream.
17. Hello, New Zealand.
18. Wanderlust and kiwi dust.
19. Did someone say Kiwi?
20. New Zealand summer vibes!
New Zealand Puns
21. Kiwi be friends forever
22. I’m not kiwi-ng you, New Zealand is amazing!
23. Kiwi-ng me softly with these views.
24. Wool you look at that view
25. Glacially speaking, New Zealand is pretty cool.
26. Baa-ckpacking through New Zealand.
27. Kiwi not stay in New Zealand forever?
28. Just a sheep thrill in New Zealand!
29. I’m not ‘kidding’ around, New Zealand is baa-tiful!
30. Beauty and the sheep – a New Zealand love story.
31. New Zealand, your beauty is fern-tastic.
New Zealand Sheep Captions And Puns
32. Catch me hanging with the kiwis and the sheep.
33. Sheep thrills and scenic chills.
34. New Zealand: where the grass is always greener and the sheep are always fluffier.
35. Having a woolly good time in New Zealand!
36. New Zealand: Where sheep outnumber people and I’m not mad about it.
37. Made some new friends in New Zealand: some sheep, a kea, and a kiwi.
38. New Zealand: where even the sheep are photogenic.
39. Never met a sheep in New Zealand I didn’t like.
40. Discovering New Zealand, one sheep at a time!
41. Feeling a little sheepish in NZ.
42. Flocking to New Zealand for the views.
Lord Of The Rings Captions For Instagram
43. Just a hop, skip, and jump away from Middle Earth.
44. Just a hobbit on a quest for adventure in New Zealand.
45. No hobbits were harmed in the making of these memories.
Cute New Zealand Captions For Instagram
46. Relationship status: In love with sunsets and this country.
47. New Zealand: proof that Mother Nature is an artist.
48. Not a bad view, New Zealand. Not bad at all.
49. How can you complain in a place like New Zealand?
50. I love you to New Zealand and back.
51. Life’s too short not to explore New Zealand.
52. Let’s wander where the WiFi is weak.
53. Lost in the land down under(ish).
54. It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
Inspiring New Zealand Captions
55. New Zealand days and sunny rays.
56. New Zealand: A love story between me and Mother Nature.
57. Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
58. Sky above, earth below, New Zealand within.
59. If you can’t go to heaven, New Zealand is the next best thing.
60. Go wherever you feel most alive.
61. You will never know until you go.
62. Paradise Lost, Found Again.
63. What is life, but one grand adventure?
Funny New Zealand Captions
64. My new best friend is a Kiwi.
65. OK NZ, I see you flexing.
66. One day if I go to heaven, I’ll say, “It ain’t bad, but it ain’t New Zealand.”
67. New Zealand: putting the ‘awe’ in awesome since forever.
68. New Zealand is about as far away as you can get. I like that.
69. I’ve got the NZ fever, and there’s no cure.
Motivating New Zealand Captions
70. I do believe it’s time for another adventure.
71. New Zealand: Where wanderlust meets wonderland.
72. That’s one item off the bucket list.
73. Slow down and enjoy the view.
74. Summer nights & NZ skies.
75. Traveling leaves you speechless, and then turns you into a storyteller.
76. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
77. Seas the day. Go to New Zealand.
78. Living for adventure in New Zealand.
79. There are a lot of stories out there waiting for you to live them.
Happy New Zealand Captions
80. Today’s forecast: 100% chance of summer and sunshine.
81. Add New Zealand to your bucket list. I promise you won’t regret it.
82. New Zealand is calling and I must go.
83. Go where you feel most alive!
84. New Zealand leaves me breathless.
New Zealand Mountain Captions
Check out these mountain captions for New Zealand.
85. It is not the mountain we must conquer, but ourselves.
86. Majestic mountains and magical memories in New Zealand.
87. Big mountains and blue waves.
88. No mountain too high, no valley too low.
89. Somewhere between sandy beaches and snowy mountains.
Best Quotes About New Zealand
90. “New Zealand is breathtaking.” – Edith Bowman
91. “Everywhere you turn in New Zealand, there’s something exciting to do. It’s the gem of the world. It’s so far away from the madness, and so you get that element. It was just stunning.” – Wes Bentley
92. “Living in New Zealand, it’s like a different world – it is a different world. It’s very, very cool.” – Luke Evans
93. “I mean New Zealand has a beautiful energy about the place. You’re surrounded by the water.” – Jihae
94. “I’m from Canada, and New Zealand feels like you took all the best bits of Canada and squished them onto a tiny island like Hawaii. I was absolutely blown away by the beauty of the South Island.” – Evangeline Lilly
Quotes About New Zealand From Kiwis
95. “We will work hard to ensure New Zealand is once again a world leader, a country we can all be proud of. We said we could do this; we will do this.” – Jacinda Ardern
96. “I’m a Kiwi. I’m from a beach suburb called Takapuna, which is on the north shore of Auckland in New Zealand.” – Lorde
97. “I still present myself as a New Zealander, answering people’s questions about New Zealand and contributing in my own unlikely way to the global perception that Kiwis can and do fly high.” – Anthony McCarten
98. “I’m always going to be a New Zealand fighter. I’m a Kiwi, of course, and I’ve still got my New Zealand passport.” – Mark Hunt
99. “My dad always told me that the principal reason he chose New Zealand to emigrate to after World War II was the high regard his father had for the Kiwis he encountered at Gallipoli.” – Peter Jackson
100. “It’s a great challenge to come from little New Zealand and beat the odds in Hollywood.” – Martin Henderson
Beautiful Quotes About New Zealand
101. “There’s a real purity in New Zealand. It’s actually not an easy thing to find in our world anymore.” – Elijah Wood
102. “I love working in New Zealand. It’s just the most beautiful country I’ve ever been to.” – Grant Bowler
103. “I really want to see New Zealand; it’s a beautiful place.” – Caroline Wozniacki
104. “Being in New Zealand, which is incredibly beautiful – I think it’s paradise – it’s just the perfect place. Everything about it I love, and I would love to live there.” – Wes Bentley
105. “I’ve had a quiet fascination with New Zealand for most of my life.” – Richard Dean Anderson
106. “I’ve only been to New Zealand once, about 1989. It was incredibly beautiful, kind of like the ideal of where I live in New England – all that and then some – but I can’t say I was there long enough to get any very clear idea.” – P.J. O’Rourke
Fun Quotes About New Zealand
107. “God bless America. God save the Queen. God defend New Zealand and thank Christ for Australia.” – Russell Crowe
108. “There is no place in the world like Australia. Not even its beautiful neighbor New Zealand.” – Henry Rollins
109. “New Zealand is not a small country but a large village.” -Peter Jackson
110. “I’d love to hang out with sheep farmers in New Zealand for a week.” – Brad Leone
111. “New Zealand has better food – sorry, America.” – Steven Adams
112. “The New Zealand sense of humor is tough and realistic. Jokes are not surreal; they are about life and death and tough decisions.” – Anthony McCarten
113. “And with alphabetical irony Nigeria follows New Zealand.” – David Coleman
114. “In New Zealand I think we often take ourselves too seriously, and being able to laugh at yourself is necessary in life without being too precious.” – Murray Mexted
Funny Quotes About New Zealand
115. “Now, they say that New Zealand is beautiful and I do not know — because after 22 hours on a plane any landmass would be beautiful.” – Lewis Black
116. “I’d move to Los Angeles if New Zealand and Australia were swallowed up by a tidal wave, if there was a bubonic plague in England and if the continent of Africa disappeared from some Martian attack.” – Russell Crowe
117. “New Zealand is a country of thirty thousand million sheep, three million of whom think they are human.” – Barry Humphries
118. “If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push ’em closer.” – Lewis Black
119. “People in New Zealand go out of their way to not be impressed by things.” – Melanie Lynskey
120. “I’ve never been to New Zealand before. But one of my role models, Xena, the warrior princess, comes from there.” – Madeleine Albright
121. “I grew up in the New Zealand countryside. We didn’t have television until I was 14, so sing-alongs were our only entertainment.” – Kiri Te Kanawa
Quotes About New Zealand Landscape
122. “If you’re making films in New Zealand, you can’t avoid the landscape. It’s certainly more handsome than I am.” – Sam Neill
123. “Lake Taupo is on the north island of New Zealand and in the countryside. I absolutely fell in love with it.” – Juan Pablo Galavis
124. “One place that I looked at a lot from space and which looks alluring is New Zealand, especially the North Island. It’s a big broad valley with a river flowing through it, and you can see the wine-making dryness of the land.” – Chris Hadfield
125. “From space, the earth appears predominantly blue; the clouds are brilliant white. Surprisingly, you don’t see much green, although Ireland looks green, and so do Scandinavia and New Zealand. The deserts are brick red and really stand out.” – Helen Sharman
Inspiring Nature Quotes About New Zealand
126. “Nature defines who and what we are, and no more so for any nation than New Zealand, Aotearoa, and the land of the long cloud.” -Al Morrison
127. “There’s a real purity in New Zealand that doesn’t exist in the states. It’s actually not an easy thing to find in our world anymore. It’s a unique place because it is so far away from the rest of the world. There is a sense of isolation and also being protected.” – Elijah Wood
128. “Nature is not a place to visit. It is a home.” -Gary Snyder
129. “I get inspired in certain places. You have to write in places like Amsterdam or Paris or New Zealand, when you’re standing on a yacht, looking out at the middle of the ocean.” – Action Bronson
130. “Actually, parts of New Zealand remind me of Suffolk. There are not many flat bits, but just the atmosphere there. There’s a kind of core tranquility about it, a kind of assuredness that this is fairly close to approaching the perfect way to be.” – Bernard Hill
Quotes About Visiting New Zealand
131. “New Zealand is my favorite country to visit.” – Tom Curren
132. “New Zealand was one of the most beautiful countries to drive through for the scenery and the vast scale of the place.” – Louis Nurding
133. “Every time we go to New Zealand, it gets harder to leave. Everyone’s always treated us like we’re at home.” – Benji Madden
134. “Every time we visit my sister Karen in New Zealand I spend the next two months Googling properties and dreaming of escaping the British winter.” – Tess Daly
135. “I’d love to visit South America, especially Argentina, as I’m a winemaker myself. They do a fantastic malbec, so it would be a dream to sample their grapes. New Zealand would be great, too. I’m a golfer, so it would combine both my loves.” – Kyle MacLachlan
136. “I’ve never been to New Zealand actually. All I know is that there’s a lot of greenery there. I’d love to come and play a show there sometime soon for sure!” – Charli XZX
Unique Quotes About New Zealand
137. “I love New Zealand and don’t get to come there much. The south coast of Australia and New Zealand have a similar vibration, and a lot of the music comes from this kind of space.” – Xavier Rudd
138. “New Zealand is such a down-to-earth place.” – Emilia Hickstead
139. “New Zealand is a place where you can get well.” – James Nesbitt
140. “New Zealand is weird. I mean, it does not seem of this earth, not to me. It really is like something made up.” – Peter Heller
141. “New Zealand is a pretty no-nonsense place to work, like Australia. I mean it doesn’t falter to anyone.” – Dustin Clare
142. “An interesting thing about New Zealand, you know, literature is that it really didn’t begin in any real sense until the 20th century.” – Eleanor Catton
143. “I remember thinking when I was younger – we used to take holidays to Spain and France, and I just thought I was never going to get further than Spain or France. I really didn’t when I was younger. And then I started auditioning for ‘Narnia,’ and the first thing when I got the part was go straight to New Zealand, halfway around the world.” – William Moseley
144. “In terms of having views and being prepared to express them, yes, I think New Zealand’s had a leadership role in a lot of things.” – Helen Clark
Quotes About Living In New Zealand
145. “I moved out to New Zealand to live as I thought the warmth and peace and quiet would help me. I went away and changed my whole life routine.” – Michael Crawford
146. “I think it’s nice to have New Zealand as a base for me… it’s this little island on the bottom of the Earth. It’s this nice, quiet place.” – Benee
147. “I grew up on the South Island of New Zealand, in a city chosen and beloved by my parents for its proximity to the mountains – Christchurch is two hours distant from the worn saddle of Arthur’s Pass, the mountain village that was and is my father’s spiritual touchstone, his chapel and cathedral in the wild.” – Eleanor Cotton
148. “I moved to New Zealand from Winnipeg when I was almost five. I hated it. It was to a city in the south of New Zealand called Invercargill and there was constant rain. There was a depressing sensation in the air.” – Daniel Gillies
Cute Quotes About New Zealand
149. “I feel that New Zealand is my second home.” – Luke Evans
150. “The people are Scotch. They stopped here on their way from home to heaven thinking they had arrived.” – Mark Twain
151. “Coming from New Zealand, all the music I listen to is not made by New Zealanders. People never come to New Zealand to play a show because it’s in the middle of nowhere.” – Lorde
152. “I’ve been to New Zealand before, many times. And of course it has a significance to me because I do have something that’s very special in New Zealand. I have ’10 Guitars,’ which is a very popular song, and I understand it’s like the second national anthem over there.” – Engelbert Humperdinck
153. “Honestly, Americans are more open-minded and have the patience and the time for new types of music. In Australia and New Zealand, you must earn your place.” – Gin Wigmore
Quotes About New Zealand’s Culture
154. “We all have to remember that New Zealand is built on these kind of people who are rebels and renegades, people doing it their own way, fighting for freedom, and braving the elements. I think it’s cool to celebrate that.” – Taika Waititi
155. “I always think about the settlers who moved to New Zealand in the 1800s. They hadn’t even been to the place before. They just packed their bags and shipped over knowing they’d never see their family again or be able to speak to them – they’d maybe get a letter if they were lucky.” – Rose McIver
156. “I have a massive Samoan family. And the Samoan culture has always played a massive part of my life. I’ve got hundreds of family on my dad’s side that live in Samoa and in New Zealand. I’ve just been surrounded by the culture ever since I was a kid.” – KJ Apa
157. “We’ve got a thing called the ‘tall puppy syndrome’ in New Zealand, where if anyone is doing really well, it’s quite common to try and bring them down – like, cut them down and say, ‘You’ve been to the moon? So what? I mean, plenty of people have been to the moon.’” – Taika Waititi
158. “As a kid in New Zealand, you play cricket in summer and rugby in winter. I played cricket and hockey. Not rugby. I wasn’t brawny enough for it. Or silly enough, perhaps.” – Glenn Turner
Quotes About Shooting Movies In New Zealand
159. “I had a good time shooting in New Zealand. I almost bought a home there while I was there, because I loved it so much.” – Josh Hartnett
160. “When we shot ‘The Lord of the Rings,’ we had special permission to film in wild areas of New Zealand that could be accessed only by helicopter. They would drop us off and we would work all day, and they’d pick us up and take us out again.” – Viggo Mortensen
161. “I really enjoyed working on the 2009 film, ‘Aliens in the Attic,’ because it was shot in New Zealand and I got to visit there for the first time.” – Kevin Nealon
162. “My favorite parts about ‘The Battle of Five Armies’ were the moments where you could clearly see that we were looking at New Zealand. That it wasn’t done in post, it wasn’t CGI, it was the beautiful, incredible creation of Mother Nature in all of her splendor.” – Evangeline Lilly
163. “That was the big effect Lord of the Rings had on me. It was discovering New Zealand. And even more precious were the people- not at all like the Australians.” – Ian McKellen
164. “I got to dress up in funny clothes and run around New Zealand with a bow and arrow for 18 months, how bad could that be?” – Orlando Bloom
165. “As soon as I got off the plane in L.A [from New Zealand], I heard they’d cast the ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy and that it was all being shot in New Zealand! That was pretty ironic.” – Martin Henderson
Quotes About Auckland
166. “I’d love to come to Middle Earth! Apparently Auckland is an amazing city, one of the best to live in too.” – Coeur de pirate
167. “We have now reached the point where you can wander down Queen Street in Auckland and wonder if you are still in New Zealand or some other country.” – Winston Peters
Quotes About Christchurch
168. “Widows tend either to fade away when husbands die, committing emotional suttee, or else find that a new life burgeons. Here in Christchurch, a lot of burgeoning goes on.” — Fay Weldon
169. “In Christchurch, though, everything is at eye level “ – Carl Nixon
Quotes About Queenstown
170. “Queenstown is such a hub of outdoor adventure activity in peak season… It offers spectacular scenery for the photographer, awesome hiking trails, cosmopolitan restaurants and cafes, and a large variety of accommodations to suit all budgets.” – Jane King
171. “Whenever I get stressed I just want to hop on a plane to Queenstown.” – John Travolta
172. “Similarly, there is an equally strong niche wanting to go places like Queenstown to learn snowboarding combined with English.” – Robert Stevens
Proverbs From New Zealand
173. Hold on tight to the words of your ancestors.
174. Land is permanent, man disappears.
175. In this world I greet my oldest survivor — the earth.
176. Who lives in a quiet house has plenty.
177. What is given by the land should return to the land.
178. It may only be a small storm yet a successful outcome is imminent.
179. A house full of people is a house full of different points of view.
180. Many stars cannot be concealed by a small cloud.
Quotes About Rugby & All Blacks
Rugby is huge in New Zealand – here are some quotes about the NZ rugby team – The All Blacks.
181. “I would have thought there’s no greater country to watch rugby than New Zealand.” – Jamie Bamber
182. “The biggest problem the other teams have is believing they can beat the All-Blacks.” – Sean Fitzpatrick
183. “You can go to the end of time, the last World Cup in the history of mankind, and the All-Blacks will be favorites for it.” – Phil Kearns
184. “Rugby is a simple game. For eighty minutes men run up and down the field, and in the end, THE ALL BLACKS WIN.”
185. “Whether you are Maori, Samoan or European, it doesn’t matter where you are from. When you are an All Black you are united as one, and we show this through performing the haka.” – Dan Carter
186. “I come from a country that lives and breathes rugby, and I didn’t think there would be anywhere else in the world that could be the same. But New Zealand takes it to another dimension. It’s extraordinary how much passion Kiwis have for the game.” – Luke Evans
187. “After an All-Blacks surprise loss to the French in the 1999 Rugby World Cup: ‘The French are predictably unpredictable’.” – Andrew Mehrtens
Lord Of The Rings Quotes
New Zealand is, of course, famous for being the filming location of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Here are some of the most memorable quotes:
188. “Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” – Gandalf
189. “Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere.” – Elrond
190. “Many are the strange chances of the world, and help oft shall come from the hands of the weak when the wise falter.” – Gandalf
191. “But in the end it’s only a passing thing, this shadow; even darkness must pass.” – Sam Gamgee
192. “Maybe the paths that you each shall tread are already laid before your feet, though you do not see them.” – Lady Galadriel
193. “It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing… such a little thing.” – Boromir
Inspiring Travel Quotes
194. “Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.” – Dr. Seuss
195. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
196. “Jobs fill your pocket. Adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn Beatty
197. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
198. “Wherever you are, be all there.” – Jim Elliott
199. “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aesop
200. “Adventure is out there.” – Up
New Zealand Quotes, Captions & Puns Summary
Hopefully you got lots of inspiration and ideas from these New Zealand quotes, captions and puns and were able to find a great one to go with your Instagram photos!
Do you know any other captions or quotes about New Zealand? Let me know in the comments below if so!