Looking for quotes and captions about Canada? Canada is such a vast and beautiful country and you’re bound to take lots of photos here, whether you’re visiting Banff National Park, Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, Niagara Falls or another fabulous Canadian destination!
We all know the feeling when you’ve got so many photos of somewhere to post to Instagram or Facebook but you’re just stuck for what to write in the caption.
This article cuts out all the hard work of trying to come up with a caption for your Canada Instagram photos as it gives you all the best captions and quotes!
All you have to do is choose one of the quotes or captions that you like and copy and paste it to Instagram – then you can get on with enjoying the rest of your trip or editing your photos of Canada!
If you’re heading to Canada, you’re there right now, or you’re just wanderlusting and looking for some travel inspiration, you’ll find 180 famous, funny and inspirational quotes and captions about Canada for your Instagram pictures right here!
Canada Quotes For Instagram Captions
1. “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity.” – Marshall McLuhan
2. “My dream is for people around the world to look up and to see Canada like a little jewel sitting at the top of the continent.” – Tommy Douglas
3. “Canada is a broad land – broad in mind, broad in spirit, and broad in physical expanse.” – Harry S. Truman
4. “Canada is a great country, one of the hopes of the world.” – Jack Layton
5. “Canada is like a loft apartment over a really great party.” – Robin Williams
6. “There is a Canadian culture that is in some ways unique to Canada, but I don’t think Canadian culture coincides neatly with borders.” – Stephen Harper
7. “North of the 49th parallel we value equality; south of it, they treasure freedom.” – Michael Adams
Beautiful Canada Quotes for Instagram
8. “Canadians come from every corner of the world, speak two official languages and hundreds more, a practice many faiths, and represent many cultures. Multiculturalism is at the heart of Canada’s heritage and identity – and as Canadians, we recognize that our differences make us strong.” – Justin Trudeau
9. “In a world darkened by ethnic conflicts that tear nations apart, Canada stands as a model of how people of different cultures can live and work together in peace, prosperity and mutual respect.” – Bill Clinton
10. “Canada has always been there to help people who need it.” – Justin Trudeau
11. “Canada is today the most successful pluralist society on the face of our globe, without any doubt in my mind…That is something unique to Canada. It is an amazing global human asset.” – Prince Karim Aga Khan IV
12. “We welcome people from all nations to come in and share.” – Peter Stoffer
13. “Canada will be a strong country when Canadians of all provinces feel at home in all parts of the country, and when they feel that all Canada belongs to them.” – Pierre Trudeau
14. “In Canada, anything that’s not in the city is referred to as a cottage. Or a log cabin.” – Dolores O’Riordan
15. “Canada is a really big melting pot of cultures, so we ended up with a giant mosaic of different music.” – Alessia Cara
16. “Canada is always the haven of safety, the place people want to escape to.” – Jenifer Mohammed
Inspiring Quotes About Canada
17. “God has made Canada one of those nations which cannot be conquered and cannot be destroyed, except by itself.” – Norman Angell
18. “I believe the world needs more Canada.” – Bono
19. “There can be no dedication to Canada’s future without a knowledge of its past.“ – John G. Diefenbaker
20. “The honor of carrying the Canadian flag… brings with it a sense of duty, privilege, and above all, great pride.” – Tessa Virtue
21. “Canada is a great country, one of the hopes of the world.” – Jack Layton
22. “For a small population, Canada has always had a very strong and vibrant style.” – Coco Rocha
23. “To become a country, and truly call ourselves Canada, it means we must become one.“ – Gord Downie
24. “I take tips from Canada on a lot of things.” – Barack Obama
25. “We owe the Aboriginal peoples a debt that is four centuries old. It is their turn to become full partners in developing an even greater Canada. And the reconciliation required may be less a matter of legal texts than of attitudes of the heart.” – Romeo LeBlanc
26. “It would seem I wouldn’t have written anything if I weren’t influenced by Canada’s history, its weather, the landscape, and its stories.” – Anne McDonald
Short Canada Quotes For Instagram
27. “Canada’s the best country in the world.” – Justin Bieber
28. “Canada is one of the most impressive countries in the world.” – Barack Obama
29. “Canada is free and freedom is its nationality.” – Wilfrid Laurier
30. “I think Canada has a great story, and I’m glad to tell it.” – Justin Trudeau
31. “When I’m in Canada, I feel this is what the world should be like.” – Jane Fonda
32. “Canadian cities looked the way American cities did on television”. – William Gibson
33. “Canada is the homeland of equality, justice and tolerance.” – Kim Campbell
34. “Canada is not the party. It’s the apartment above the party.” ― Craig Ferguson
35.“It is wonderful to feel the grandness of Canada in the raw.” – Emily Carr
36. “Canada is a free country, after all.” – Rebecca McNutt
Funny Quotes About Canada
37. “The great tragedy of Canada was that the country could have had British government, French culture, and American efficiency, but instead ended up with French government, American culture and British efficiency.” – Nick Auf de Mau
38. “Canadians have been so busy explaining to the Americans that we aren’t British, and to the British that we aren’t Americans that we haven’t had time to become Canadians.“ – Helen G. McPherson
39. “I’m a Canadian. Outside Canada, I carry the flag. Canadian nationalism isn’t as insidious as American nationalism, though. It’s good-natured. It’s all about maple syrup, not war.” – Feist
40. “You can’t buy happiness, but you can live in Canada. And that’s pretty much the same thing” – Anonymous
41. “I love Canada. It makes a nice hat for America. When America runs out of water, it’s the first place I’ll go.” – Ryan Reynolds
Funny Quotes About Canadians And Americans
42. “God Bless America, but God help Canada to put up with them!” – Anonymous
43. “A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun.“- Anonymous
44. “80% of Canadian culture is just French-Canadian culture, 19% is being annoyed at Americans, and the remaining 1% is regional beer.” – Anonymous
45. “Every Canadian has a complicated relationship with the United States, whereas Americans think of Canada as the place where the weather comes from.” – Margaret Atwood
46. “Canadians are more polite when they are being rude than Americans are when they are being friendly.” – Edgar Friedenberg
47. “Canadians have an abiding interest in surprising those Americans who have historically made little effort to learn about their neighbour to the North.” – Peter Jennings
Quotes about Canada from Famous Canadians
48. “I’m so proud to be Canadian. I’ve been to 58 countries, and they’re wonderful countries, but Canada is the best.” – Paul Henderson
49. “More than ever was I convinced that the old way of seeing was inadequate to express this big country of ours, her depth, her height, her unbounded wildness, silence too strong to be broken – nor could ten million cameras, through their mechanical boxes, ever show real Canada. It had to be sensed, passed through live minds, sensed and loved.” – Emily Carr
50. “I love being Canadian. I think growing up in Canada gives you a world perspective that I certainly enjoy.” – Ryan Gosling
51. “Canada was my whole world and my whole reality, and now I meet people who’ve never been there, and it’s like, ‘You’ve never been to my whole world?’ “ -Carly Rae Jepsen
52. “I’m from Canada, so Thanksgiving to me is just Thursday with more food. And I’m thankful for that.” – Howie Mandel
53. “Canada succeeds in large part because here, diverse perspectives and different opinions are celebrated, not silenced. Parliament shall be no exception.” – Anonymous
Quotes About Being Canadian
54. “Everything about Canada makes me proud to be Canadian.” -Jason Priestley
55. “Canada is the essence of not being. Not English, not American, it is the mathematics of not being.” – Mike Myer
56. “Canadian pride may not rest on our sleeves, but it resides deeply in our hearts.” – Steve Miller
57. “We have it all. We have great diversity of people, we have a wonderful land, and we have great possibilities. So all those things combined there’s nowhere else I’d rather be.” – Bob Rae
58. “I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” ― John G. Diefenbaker
59. “We only need to look at what we are really doing in the world and at home and we’ll know what it is to be Canadian.” – Adrienne Clarkson
60. “My upbringing in Canada made me the person I am. I will always be proud to be a Canadian.“ – Jim Carrey
61. “Your Canadian roots define you for all of your life, no matter where you go, no matter what you do.” – Alanis Morissette
62. “I’m sorry I live in the greatest country in the world. I’m sorry! I’m sorry, but Canadians apologize so much because we know we’re the greatest. Sorry!” -Dan Aykroyd
Quotes About Canadian People
63. “Let us be French, let us be English, but most importantly let us be Canadian!” – John A MacDonald
64. “There are no limits to the majestic future which lies before the mighty expanse of Canada with its virile, aspiring, cultured, and generous-hearted people.” – Winston Churchill
65. “Agreeable people are warm and friendly. They’re nice; they’re polite. You find a lot of them in Canada.” – Adam Grant
66. “Two races share today the soil of Canada. These people haven’t always been friends. But I hasten to say it. There is no longer any family here but the human family. It matters not the language people speak, or the altars at which they kneel”. – Wilfrid Laurier
67. “Canada is one of the planet’s most comfortable, and caring, societies.” – Times Magazine
68. “Our hopes are high. Our faith in the people is great. Our courage is strong. And our dreams for this beautiful country will never die.”- Pierre Trudeau
69. “Canada is a balloon-puncturing country. You are not really allowed to be an icon unless you also make an idiot of yourself.” – Margaret Atwood
70. “Canadians are open, accepting, and generous people. We know that helping those in need strengthens our communities and makes them safer, more prosperous places to live.” – Anonymous
Quotes About Canadian Hockey
71. “Canada is hockey.” – Mike Weir
72. Life is better when we hockey stick together
73. “Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players and cold fronts. Our main imports are baseball players and acid rain.“ – Pierre Trudeau
74. “I’m not a hockey fan, which is probably why I had to leave Canada in the first place.” – Ryan Reynolds
75. “Hockey captures the essence of Canadian experience in the New World. In a land so inescapably and inhospitably cold, hockey is the chance of life, and an affirmation that despite the deathly chill of winter we are alive.” – Stephen Leacock
76. “Hockey is our winter ballet and, in many ways, our only national drama.“ – Morley Callaghan
Winter In Canada Quotes
77. “Canada’s climate is nine months winter and three months late in the fall.” – Evan Esar
78. “Real Canada is where people wear sweaters for survival, not style.” – Mark Leiren-Young
79. “I came from Canada, where it’s freezing cold for seven months out of the year.“ – Rachelle Lefevre
80. “Canada is not a country for the cold of the heart or the cold of feet.“ – Pierre Trudeau
81. “Canadians are fond of a good disaster, especially if it has ice, water, or snow in it. You thought the national flag was about a leaf, didn’t you? Look harder. It’s where someone got axed in the snow.” – Margaret Atwood
82. “It’s only November, and I can’t remember the last time I was warm.” – Jessica Martinez
83. “Canadian winters are long. Life is hard and so is ice.” – Douglas Coupland
84. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
Quotes About Canadian Food
85. “Canada is the place where maple syrup is its own food group.” –Jenny McWha
86. “Canada is a country of ingredients without a cuisine; we’re a country with musicians without an indigenous instrument; Toronto’s a city that doesn’t even have a dish named after it.” – Mike Myers
87. “In any world menu, Canada must be considered the vichyssoise of nations — it’s cold, half-French, and difficult to stir.” – James Keate
88. “We have never been a melting pot. The fact is we are more like a tossed salad. We are green, some of us are oily, and there’s a little vinegar injected when you get up to Ottawa.” – Armold Edinborough
89. “If people ask me, ‘What do you think could improve in Toronto dining,’ I’d say there’s nothing to improve on.” – David Chang
90. “Vancouver is the square root of negative one. Technically it shouldn’t exist, but it does. I can’t imagine living anywhere else.” – Douglas Coupland
91. “When you live in Vancouver, you realize most of the population is in Eastern North America.” – Jim Pattison
92. “It’s just a fun time going up to Vancouver.” – Nicolas Gonzalez
93. “I would say just the weather in Vancouver in the winter can be kind of unforgiving.” – Brandon McLaren
Looking for more quotes about Canadian places? Check out:
94. “And by the way, Montréal is my favourite city in the world! It’s the only place that combines all the good things about Europe and America, with none of the bad!” – Holly Cole
95. “Montréal, this wonderful town….Pearl of Canada, Pearl of the world.” – Mikhail Gorbachev
96. “Without Montreal, Canada would be hopeless.” – Anthony Bourdain
97. “And some places you been before are so great that you don’t even mind going back. Some places you been before you don’t ever want to go back, you know, like Montreal in the winter.” – Morgan Freeman
Check out more Montreal quotes!
Toronto Quotes For Instagram Captions
98. “Toronto is my favorite city in the world.” – Poo Bear
99. “I like B.C. because it’s so beautiful, but I think Toronto’s the greatest place because every corner of the world is here.” – Rupi Kaur
100. “I travel the world, and I can see in Toronto the cooking is very personal. These people cook with their hearts.” – Alain Ducasse
101. “There are some cities that you go to that bring something out of you. Toronto is one of them.” – Kevin Owens
102. “A lot of people don’t know this, but Toronto is probably the most multicultural city in North America.” – Stephen Amell
103. “It’s easy for me to care about Toronto, because Toronto is a community that cares about itself. It represents the world.” – Yo-Yo Ma
104. “Toronto is home; nothing beats home.” – Ellen Wong
105. “The fact that over 50 per cent of the residents of Toronto are not from Canada, that is always a good thing, creatively, and for food especially. That is easily a city’s biggest strength, and it is Toronto’s unique strength.” – Anthony Bordain
106. “I always tell people that if I move anywhere it would be Toronto.” – Kendrick Lamar
107. “I hated it at first, because I hate the cold even though I’m from a cold area, but I love Toronto. I think it’s gorgeous. I think it’s an amazing city.” – Madeline Brewer
108. “Toronto is a special city, and the environment is perfect for the arts; free and alive.” – Emory Cohen
Check out more Toronto quotes!
Funny Canada Captions For Instagram
109. Keep calm and…I’m Canadian. I’m always calm.
110. What’s the difference between an American and a Canadian? A Canadian not only has a sense of humour but can also spell it.
111. Canada: Living the American Dream without the violence since 1867.
112. What do you call a sophisticated American? Canadian.
113. How do you know Adam was a Canadian? Who else could stand beside a naked woman and be tempted by a fruit?
114. Everytime I hear a mean joke about being Canadian, I go to the hospital and get my feelings checked for free.
115. One day, Canada will take over the world. Then you’ll all be sorry.
116. Tim Hortons. The first stop of every road trip in Canada.
117. You know you’re in Canada when you describe location based on which Tim Horton’s it is by.
118. Alanis Morissette asked me what the capital of Canada was. I told her I’m not sure. Then she blurted out You Ottawa know.
119. On behalf of all Canadians, sorry for being so awesome all the time.
Short Canada Captions For Instagram
120. Canada: The world’s best kept secret.
121. Home is where the maple leaf is.
122. Oh, Canada!
123. Made in Canada.
124. Canada is eh okay
125. I’m Canadian. What’s your superpower?
Winter in Canada Captions
126. What are the 2 seasons in Canada? WINTER AND JULY!
127. In Canada the seasons are, almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
128. You know you are from Canada when… You think it’s too cold in the winter, too hot in the summer, and when you travel the world, you can’t wait to come home.
129. Hi Canada, it’s ice to meet you!
130. Canadian weather is snow joke!
Funny Canada Captions & Canada Puns
131. I always beleaf in you, Canada.
132. The views here are unbe-leaf-able.
133. Maybe she’s born with it. Maybe it’s maple leaves.
134. To summit all up, this trip has been amazing.
136. Canada is the best, isn’t it Trudeau?
137. Canada is a-moosing.
138. Chilling with my birches.
139. This trip cost us deerly…but it was worth it.
140. May the forest be with you.
141. It’s the moose wonderful time of the year.
Toronto Instagram Captions
142. Toronto is always a good idea
143. I wonder if Toronto misses me too
144. Once upon a time in Toronto.
145. Good morning Toronto.
146. Happiness is…. holding tickets that say Toronto.
147. Summer nights and city lights.
148. I left my heart in Toronto
149. A bad day in Toronto is still better than a good day anywhere else.
Inspirational Toronto Captions
150. You can leave Toronto but it will never leave you
151. Follow your heart, even if it takes you all the way to Toronto
152. Big cities can have big hearts too
153. Let’s find some beautiful place to get lost in
154. They say ‘do what makes you happy’ so I bought a ticket to Toronto
155. You never forget your first day in Toronto
156. My favorite thing is going where I’ve never been
Canada Quotes & Captions For Instagram Summary
I hope you enjoyed these captions and quotes about Canada and got lots of inspiration and ideas and able to find the perfect one to go with your travel photos!
Whether it’s a famous quote, a funny pun or short caption, I hope you’ll find one perfect for your Canada Instagram photos!
Do you know any other famous quotes or captions about Canada? Feel free to leave any in the comments below if so!
Looking for Instagram captions for other destinations in North America? Check out these articles:
Like this post on Quotes & Captions About Canada For Instagram? Pin it for later to share with your friends!