Looking for some great captions, quotes or puns about San Francisco to share with your Instagram photos?
San Francisco is a beautiful city and an extremely popular place to visit, full of iconic and photogenic places! From the Golden Gate Bridge to Alcatraz Island, Lombard Street to Pier 39 and Mrs Doubtfire’s House – there’s something for everyone here in San Francisco!
Here are all my favourite captions, puns and quotes about San Francisco – just pick the one that will go perfectly with your pictures!
If you’re heading to San Francisco, you’re there right now, or you’re just wanderlusting and looking for some inspiration, you’ll find 246 funny captions, short captions, meaningful quotes, puns as well as jokes and one-liners for your San Francisco Instagram pictures right here!
Looking for captions and quotes for other places in California? Check out these articles:
Best San Francisco Captions for Instagram
1. San Francisco is always a good idea.
2. Everyone needs a little San Francisco in their life.
3. San Francisco is my kind of town!
4. Chillin in the San Francisco hills.
5. I’m off to explore the city by the bay!
6. Finally ticked off San Fran from my bucket list.
7. San Francisco, I’ve really missed you.
Cute San Francisco Captions For Instagram
8. San Francisco: Everybody’s Favourite City.
9. Either you love San Francisco or you are wrong.
10. Visiting the Bay with my bae.
11. West Coast, Best Coast.
12. My favorite place to be is San Francisco, I love the bay area.
13. Paradise Found by the bay.
Love San Francisco Instagram Captions
14. Falling in love with San Francisco, one cable car at a time.
15. I Left My Heart In San Francisco.
16. I fell in love. His name is San Fran.
17. Dear San Francisco, I will never get over you.
18. In a relationship with San Francisco.
19. I’m having an affair with San Francisco.
Happy San Francisco Captions For Instagram
20. Happiness is…. holding tickets that say, San Francisco!
21. San Francisco is my happy place.
22. Can’t wait to go back to San Francisco and see the sights!
23. San Francisco: where the hills are alive with the sound of music!
24. Greetings from San Francisco. I live here now.
Beautiful San Francisco Captions For Instagram
25. There’s no time to be bored in a city as beautiful as San Francisco.
26. San Francisco is so pretty!
27. San Francisco, you never cease to amaze me.
28. This view makes my heart sing.
29. Follow your heart, even if it takes you all the way to San Francisco.
Inspiring San Francisco Captions For Instagram
30. Once upon a time in San Francisco.
31. You cannot stop San Francisco.
32. In that San Fran state of mind.
33. I’m so glad I live in San Francisco. It’s the best place to be!
34. San Francisco: The City that Knows How.
Dreamy San Francisco Captions For Instagram
35. Dreamy City – San Francisco.
36. Somewhere between living and dreaming, there’s San Francisco.
37. Cruising through Cali.
38. A trip to California is sure to please the soul.
39. You can leave San Francisco, but it will never leave you.
40. And the sun shines on the bay.
Short San Francisco Instagram Captions
41. Chillin’ on the best coast.
43. My kind of city.
44. The City By the Bay.
45. Sanny Franny.
46. Took bae to San Fran for the day.
San Francisco Puns Captions
47. Good bay, San Francisco!
48. I’m a San Fan-cisco.
49. Loving the SF Bae.
50. Bae Area!
51. This city is so Alcatra-ctive.
52. MoMa-ney, Mo’ Problems.
53. San Francisco may be view-tiful, but nothing’s more beautiful than you.
54. Sea-sing every moment in San Fran.
55. The streets here are San Frenetic.
Puns About San Francisco Neighbourhoods & Areas
56. I’m going to Haight it when I have to leave San Francisco.
57. There so SoMa-ny reasons to love this city.
58. I’m really Mission San Francisco.
59. I’m going to Embarcadero on a Mission to explore San Francisco.
60. Leaving San Francisco feels like a ca-Castro-trophe.
61. It’s been Hayes since I’ve been to San Francisco.
62. Don’t be Russian up those Hills.
Read more: 550 Captions About Traveling
Captions & Puns About San Francisco Weather For Instagram
63. It’s hard to fog-get your first time in San Francisco.
64. It’s been a while, San Francisco – I’ve really mist you.
65. I tried to catch some fog. I mist.
66. Fog City.
67. The sun shines bright on the bay.
68. Hello, Sun Francisco.
69. A sunny day in the bay.
Funny San Francisco Captions
70. When the Painted Ladies match your OOTD.
71. How do you get out of San Francisco? Go straight..
72. San Fran – frowned upon by many locals.
73. What do you call someone who makes cakes in San Francisco? A BAY ker
74. Baghdad by the Bay.
75. Happy as a clam at Fisherman’s Wharf.
Golden San Francisco Captions & Puns For Instagram
76. Living in a Golden State of mind.
77. This trip is golden, baby!
78. Stay golden, San Francisco.
79. Nothing comes close to the Golden Coast.
80. Is this trip golden or what?
81. Leaving San Francisco gold turkey is hard.
82. Nothing can gold a candle to this bridge.
Golden Gate Bridge Captions
83. San Francisco: The Golden Gate City.
84. Golden Gate Bridge and my Golden Life.
85. I’m going to gate leaving San Francisco.
86. Golden Gate Bridge. Golden beach. Golden life.
87. My breath was taken away at the Golden Gate Bridge.
88. Oh how I’ve mist you, Golden Gate Bridge.
89. I’m ready to see the Golden Gate Bridge.
90. I’ve red that the Golden Gate Bridge is nearly two miles long!
91. The suspension is killing me.
92. Feelin’ like a tourist at Golden Gate Bridge!
Looking for more captions and quotes for other cities in America? Check out these articles:
Best San Francisco Quotes for Instagram
93. “What I like best about San Francisco is San Francisco.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
94. “I’m so glad to be back in San Francisco! I love the city” – Unknown
95. “But oh, San Francisco! It is and has everything – you wouldn’t think that such a place as San Francisco could exist.” – Unknown
96. “California, more than any other part of the Union, is a country by itself, and San Francisco a capital.” – James Bryce
97. “San Francisco is a mad city – inhabited for the most part by perfectly insane people.” – Rudyard Kipling
98. “San Francisco is a magical place where you can take a boat to the top of a hill and ride down in a cable car.”– Unknown
99. “The thing about coming back to the Bay Area, it’s like coming home for me.” – Richard Serra
100. “When you get tired of walking around in San Francisco, you can always lean against it.” – Unknown
Great San Francisco Quotes
101. “It is a rich, lusty city, rippling with people, with movement, with girls in summer dresses, with flowers, with color; one of the great and wonderful cities of the world” – James Marlow
102. “San Francisco is my kind of town! I love this place. It’s the perfect city for a guy like me.” – Unknown
103. “San Francisco is a city with the assets of a metropolis without the disadvantages of size and industry.” – Jack Kenny
104. “San Francisco is a breathtakingly beautiful city, with lots of great contrasts between dark and light, often overlapping each other. It’s a great setting for a horror story.” – Christopher Moore
105. “But oh, San Francisco! It is and has everything – you wouldn’t think that such a place as San Francisco could exist.” – Dylan Thomas
Accepting Quotes About San Francisco
106. “San Francisco is a complex town that lets you be yourself, that accepts you even if your family doesn’t. No matter how uncomfortable your own skin feels, you can move to this city, discover who you really are, and plant your feet on the ground.” – Jack Boulware
107. ”San Francisco has always been a haven for misfits and weirdos. I’m both of these, which is why I came here.” – Michael Franti
108. “I can walk down the streets of San Francisco, and here I’m normal.” – Robin Williams
109. “I think the beauty of San Francisco is that you can skip without really freaking anybody out.” – Chris Reifsteck
110. “Like its namesake, San Francisco opens its arms to all sentient beings. The emotionally and spiritually wounded, in particular, have always come here looking for freedom and change, for a place to grow and be themselves.” – Jim Crotty
111. “San Francisco is where you come when you want to see people looking like who they truly are.” — Mark Childress
112. “It’s just really multicultural up there, and there’s a lot of subcultures … and there are just all kinds of things you can do out there.” – Kreayshawn
113. “The city had been kind to me in the days of my poverty and it did not resent my temporary solvency.” – John Steinbeck
Quotes About San Francisco Compared to Other Cities
114. “I prefer a wet San Francisco to a dry Manhattan.” – Larry Geraldi
115. “Two days in this city is worth two months in New York.” – Robert Menzies
118. “Money lives in New York. Power sits in Washington. Freedom sips cappuccino in a sidewalk cafe in San Francisco.” – Joe Flower
119. “San Francisco is a lot like Amsterdam – free, open-minded and casual – though I expected better weather.” – Marcel Wanders
120. “I never dreamed I’d like any city as well as London. San Francisco is exciting, moody, exhilarating. I even love the muted fogs.” – Julie Christie
121. “San Francisco is perhaps the most European of all American cities.” – Cecil Beaton
122. “America only has three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everything else is Cleveland.” – Tennessee Williams
123. “I love San Francisco and Brighton has something of San Francisco about it. It’s by the sea, there’s a big gay community, a feeling of people being there because they enjoy their life there.” – Brian Eno
Funny San Francisco Quotes
124. “Anyone who doesn’t have a great time in San Francisco is pretty much dead to me.” – Anthony Bourdain
125. “Isn’t it nice that people who prefer Los Angeles to San Francisco live there?” – Herb Caen
126. “It is a good thing the early settlers landed on the East Coast; if they’d landed in San Francisco first, the rest of the country would still be uninhabited.”– Herbert Mye
127. “One day if I go to heaven… I’ll look around and say ‘It ain’t bad. But it ain’t San Francisco.’” – Herb Caen
128. “I always see about six scuffles a night when I come to San Francisco. That’s one of the town’s charms.” – Errol Flynn
129. “As many of you know, I came from San Francisco. We don’t have a lot of farms there. Well, we do have one, it’s a mushroom farm, so you know what that means.” – Nancy Pelosi
130. “I was married once in San Francisco. I haven’t seen her for many years. The great earthquake and fire in 1906 destroyed the marriage certificate. There’s no legal proof. Which means that earthquakes aren’t always bad.” – W.C. Fields
131. “I was appalled that the San Francisco ethic [of the 1960s] didn’t mushroom and envelop the whole world into this loving community of acid freaks. I was very naive.” – Grace Slick
Powerful Quotes About San Francisco
132. “If you’re alive, you can’t be bored in San Francisco. If you’re not alive, San Francisco will bring you to life.” – William Saroyan
133. “I don’t think San Francisco needs defending. I never meet anyone who doesn’t love the place, Americans or others.”– Doris Lessing
134. ”No city invites the heart to come to life as San Francisco does. Arrival in San Francisco is an experience in living.” – William Saroyan
135. “‘What brings you up to the City?’ he said when we were inside. To San Franciscans, there’s only one city.” – Ross Macdonald
136. “San Francisco in shades of blue, a city in a dream, and I was filled with a tremendous yearning to live.” – Rebecca Solnit
137. “The good thing about being in San Francisco is it’s a city that seems to have the flexibility and undefined boundaries.” – Janet Varney
138. “I love San Francisco for the music culture. There’s this vibe there that I can’t find anywhere else in the world. Easily one of the best places on the sea coast.” – Tash Sultana
Inspiring Quotes about San Francisco
139. “You wouldn’t think such a place as San Francisco could exist. The wonderful sunlight there, the hills, the great bridges, the Pacific at your shoes.” – Dylan Thomas
140. “San Francisco itself is art, above all literary art. Every block is a short story, every hill a novel. Every home a poem, every dweller within immortal. That is the whole truth.” – William Saroyan
141. “I fledged in San Francisco, climbed its hills, slept in its parks, worked on its docks, marched and shouted in its revolts.” – John Steinbeck
142. “It’s simply a very romantic place. Just one look at any of those streets, and you couldn’t be anywhere else – it’s so beautiful, and there’s that location, and the sense of the free spirit. Who couldn’t become ravenous in such a place?” – Julia Child
143. “What fetched me instantly (and thousands of other newcomers with me) was the subtle but unmistakable sense of escape from the United States.” – H.L. Mencken
Dreamy San Francisco Quotes
144. “Your city is remarkable not only for its beauty. It is also, of all the cities in the United States, the one whose name, the world over, conjures up the most visions and more than any other city incites one to dream.” – Georges Pompidou
145. “Suddenly [we] reached a height and saw stretched out ahead of us the fabulous white city of San Francisco on her eleven mystic hills with the blue Pacific and its advancing wall of potato-patch fog beyond, and smoke and goldenness in the late afternoon of time.”– Jack Kerouac
146. “San Francisco is poetry. Even the hills rhyme.” – Pat Montandon
147. “Every morning in San Francisco was a bit like waking up on the edge of the earth: beautiful and damp and wild, full of the strange music people make, open-armed, into the wind.” – Elizabeth Percer
148. “The ultimate [travel destination] for me would be one perfect day in San Francisco. There’s no city like it anywhere. And, if I could be there with the girl of my dreams, that would be the ultimate!” – Larry King
149. “The port of San Francisco is a marvel of nature and might well be called the harbor of harbor.” – Juan Bautista de Anza
Quotes About San Francisco By People Who Love The City
150. “I think San Francisco is the best place in the whole world for an easy life.” – Imogen Cunningham
151. “Anyone who doesn’t have a great time in San Francisco is pretty much gone to me. You go there as a snarky New Yorker thinking it’s politically correct, it’s crunchy granola, it’s vegetarian, and it surprises you every time. It’s a two-fisted drinking town, a carnivorous meat-eating town, it’s dirty and nasty and wonderful.” – Anthony Bourdain
152. “San Francisco is one of the great cultural plateaus of the world – one of the really urbane communities in the United States – one of the truly cosmopolitan places, and for many, many years, it always has had a warm welcome for human beings from all over the world.” – Duke Ellington
153. “Every man should be allowed to love two cities, his own and San Francisco.” – Gene Fowler
154. “San Francisco is one of my favorite cities in the world…I would probably rank it at the top or near the top. It’s small but photogenic and has layers…You never have problems finding great angles that people have never done.” – Ang Lee
155. “I love San Francisco so much. I call it the Emerald City…. I think it’s a magical city. It’s big, sexy and very ‘cosmo’ with a small-town feel.”– Andy Cohen
156. “I’m a huge fan of the Bay Area so I always love coming to San Francisco.” – Ezra Koenig
Love San Francisco Quotes
157. “I love San Francisco. It would be a perfect place for a honeymoon.” – Kim Novak
158. “I left my heart in San Francisco, High on a hill, it calls to me, To be where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars.” – Tony Bennett
159. “San Francisco is my favorite place on earth. I love the hills, the views, and the open space.” – Unknown
160. “My heart is in San Francisco. I will always, always come back.” – Lily Kwong
161. “I love this city. If I am elected, I’ll move the White House to San Francisco. Everybody’s so friendly.” – Robert Kennedy
162. “The cool, grey city of love.” – George Sterling
Short San Francisco Quotes
163. “East is East, and West is San Francisco.” – O. Henry
164. “San Francisco is the friendliest city in the world.” – Joe DiMaggio
165. “San Francisco, city of dreaming spires.” – Eddie Izzard
166. “There may not be a Heaven, but there is a San Francisco.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
167. “Now there’s a grown-up swinging town.” – Frank Sinatra
168. “I am a Bay Area guy, no question.” – Huey Lewis
169. “Every window in Alcatraz has a view of San Francisco.” – Susanna Kaysen
Cute San Francisco Quotes
170. “There is no logic to San Francisco generally, a city built with putty and pipe cleaners, rubber cement and colored construction paper. Its the work of fairies, elves, happy children with new crayons.” – Dave Eggers
171. “If you have to be a one-hit wonder, then San Francisco is the one to have.” – Scott McKenzie
173. “The Bay Area is so beautiful, I hesitate to preach about heaven while I’m here.” – Billy Graham
174. “San Francisco is 49 square miles surrounded by reality.” – Paul Kanter
175. “San Francisco is one of the only cities I like to visit.” – LeRoy Neiman
176. “San Francisco is really fun and liberal.” – Elayne Boosler
Beautiful San Francisco Quotes
177. “Of all cities in the United States I have seen, San Francisco is the most beautiful.” – Nikita Kruschev
178. “There is more grace per square foot in San Francisco than any place on earth.” – Fulton J. Sheen
179. “San Franciscans are very proud of their city, and they should be. It’s the most beautiful place in the world.” – Robert Redford
180. “San Francisco is the only city I can think of that can survive all that thing you people are doing to it and still look beautiful.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
181. “There are a thousand viewpoints in the viewtiful city.” – Herb Caen
182. “To a traveler paying his first visit, [San Francisco] has the interest of a new planet. It ignores the meteorological laws which govern the rest of the world.”– Fitz Hugh Ludlow
Quotes About San Francisco Fog
183. “This city is a point upon a map of fog.” – Ambrose Bierce
184. “San Francisco is exciting, moody, exhilarating. I even love the muted fogs.” – Julie Christie
185. “The number of foggy days over the city is never reported, reportedly. But take it from me, there’s enough to satisfy everyone, and dissatisfy somebody.” – Herb Caen
186. “The writer loves the fog as it pours in; he loves the sun when the fog pours out. The rest of California is Beach Boys country, but San Francisco has that moody thing going on, those blues notes wrapped in moisture, an atmosphere that tempers California dreaming and makes life more real.” – Eric Maisel
Spring & Summer in San Francisco Quote Ideas
187. “For those who come to San Francisco. Summertime will be a love-in there. In the streets of San Francisco. Gentle people with flowers in their hair.” – Scott McKenzie
188. “But I would rather be with you, somewhere in San Francisco on a back porch in July, just looking up to Heaven, at this crescent in the sky.” – Robert Hunter
189. “The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.” – Mark Twain
190. “Perpetual spring, the flare of adventure in the blood conspired to make San Francisco a city of artists.” – William Henry Irwin
191. “The morning, like all San Francisco mornings, promised spring. In California, the seasons come daily: spring, the dewy mornings draped lightly in gray mist; summer, when the sun burns through and rises directly overhead at midday; afternoon autumns, crisp breezy, when colors show off and the air smells clean into twilight; winter is the night.” – Elizabeth Stark
Quotes About People From San Francisco
192. “You wouldn’t think such a place as San Francisco could exist. The wonderful sunlight here, the hills, the great bridges, the Pacific at your shoes. Beautiful Chinatown. Every race in the world. The sardine fleets sailing out. The little cable-cars whizzing down The City hills… And all the people are open and friendly.” – Dylan Thomas
193. “I’m proud to have been a Yankee. But I have found more happiness and contentment since I came back home to San Francisco than any man has a right to deserve. This is the friendliest city in the world.” – Joe Di Maggio
194. “In all my travels I have never seen the hospitality of San Francisco equalled anywhere in the world.” – Conrad Hilton
195. “San Francisco always has had a warm welcome for human beings from all over the world.” – Duke Ellington
196. “If you’re going to San Francisco, you’re gonna meet some gentle people there.” – John Phillips
197. “I love San Francisco. It’s by the sea, there’s a feeling of people being there because they enjoy their life there.” – Brian Eno
198. “San Francisco beats the world for novelties, but the inventive faculties of her people are exercised on a specialty. Controversy is our forte.” – Unknown
Quotes About Living In San Francisco
199. “Anyone is fortunate to live here. If I were your president, I would levy a tax on you for living in San Francisco.” – Mikhail Gorbachev
200. “We’re crazy about this city. First time we came here, we walked the streets all day all over town and nobody hassled us. People smiled, friendly-like, and we knew we could live here…. Los Angeles!? That’s just a big parking lot where you buy a hamburger for a trip to San Francisco….. And the beautiful old houses and the strange light. We’ve never been in a city with light like this. We sit in our hotel room for hours, watching the fog come in, the light change.” – John Lennon
201. “‘We are so lucky to live here,’ he would say, and she couldn’t disagree. They were lucky that the earth had conspired to heap up such startling beauty in one place, and they were lucky that it hadn’t all fallen apart yet in a geological catastrophe.” – Chris Adrien
202. “The culture of this city is like no other. Many important men and women have made the Golden City their home because they fell in love with it.” – Mike O’Halloran
203. “A bend reveals a sudden vision of San Francisco in shades of blue, a city in a dream, and I was filled with a tremendous yearning to live in that place of blue hills and blue buildings, though I do live there, I had just left there after breakfast.” – Rebecca Solnit
San Francisco City Quotes
204. “You can go one block to the next in San Francisco and get a completely different opinion of what the issue is.” – Don Johnson
205. “Cities are like gentlemen, they are born, not made. I bet San Francisco was a city from the very beginning.” – Will Rogers
206. “I’m so happy to be back in San Francisco after a long day of exploring the city. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings!” – Unknown
207. “San Francisco put on a show for me. I saw her across the bay, from the great road that bypasses Sausalito and enters the Golden Gate Bridge. The afternoon sun painted her white and gold – rising on her hills like a noble city in a happy dream. A city on hills has it over flat-land places. New York makes its own hills with craning buildings, but this gold and white acropolis rising wave on wave against the blue of the Pacific sky was a stunning thing, a painted thing like a picture of a medieval Italian city which can never have existed.” – John Steinbeck
Endearing Quotes About San Francisco
208. “Where else but in San Francisco would characters such as Sister Boom-Boom, a transvestite who dresses in a miniskirted nun’s habit, and a punk rocker named Jello Biafra run for seats on the Board of Supervisors? And where else would 75,000 runners dress like centipedes, gorillas, and six packs of beer to participate in the ‘moving masquerade ball’ otherwise known as the Bay to Breakers Race?” – JoAnne Davidson
209. “A city is where you can sign a petition, boo the chief justice, fish off a pier, gape at a hippopotamus, buy a flower at the corner, or get a good hamburger or a bad girl at 4 a.m. A city is where sirens make white streaks of sound in the sky and foghorns speak dark grays. San Francisco is such a city.” – Herb Caen
210. “I was born and raised in the Bay Area. It’s the place I got a deep, deep affection for.” – Michael B. Jordan
211. “I have seen purer liquors, better segars, finer tobacco, truer guns and pistols, larger dirks and bowie knives, and prettier courtesans here in San Francisco than in any other place I have ever visited.” – Hinton Helper
212. “I moved to San Francisco because the masquerade of kindly gestures is, at least, kind. And it remains kind. And all the people who would sit back and comment on the garishness of the costumes, the hollowness of the dialogue, the lack of divine conviction, well, all those people are either gone or fifteen years old.” – Jay Caspian King
Interesting Quotes About San Francisco
213. “That, my dear detective, was the other San Francisco. You’ve probably seen it before, just out of the corner of your eye. You’ve probably dismissed it all your life.”– Laura Oliva
214. “I have always been rather better treated in San Francisco than I actually deserved.” – Mark Twain
215. “It’s an odd thing, but anyone who disappears is said to be seen in San Francisco.” – Oscar Wilde
216. “Once I knew the city very well, spent my attic days there, while others were being a lost generation in Paris.” – John Steinbeck
217. “As a person of color from the South, San Francisco was the first city that really made me feel like an other.” – Barry Jenkins
218. “The San Francisco Bay Area has more VC firms and dollars invested than all East Coast cities combined.” – Jose Ferreira
219. “To this day, the city of San Francisco remains to the Chinese the Great City of the Golden Mountains.” – Kai Fu Shah
220. “If free speech and individuality are American characteristics, there is no place more American than San Francisco.” – Desi Del Valle
221. “The geniality of San Francisco’s economic, intellectual and political climate makes it the most varied and challenging city in the United States.” – James Michener
Leaving San Francisco Quotes
222. “Leaving San Francisco is like saying goodbye to an old sweetheart. You want to linger as long as possible.” – Walter Cronkite
223. “San Francisco has only one drawback – It is hard to leave.” – Rudyard Kipling
224. “San Francisco is gone. Nothing remains of it but memories.” – Jack London
Best Quotes about Golden Gate Bridge
225. “I left my heart at the Golden Gate in San Francisco.” – Tony Bennett
226. “We crossed the famed Golden Gate Bridge, which you may know best from the opening credits of Full House, and also every bit of visual media that wanted to make clear that it takes place in San Francisco.” – Thomm Quackenbush
227. “Up in the San Francisco, where the forest meets the bridge.” – Foxygen
228. “Such was life in the Golden Gate: Gold dusted all we drank and ate…” – Robert Frost
229. “I have known her for 15 years, and she is more beautiful than ever.” – Dean Jennings
230. “San Francisco! City of dreaming spires, people live here… Golden Gate Bridge, ahh, the Romans came here.” – Eddie Izzard
231. “What has been thus played up in the form of Golden Gate should not be let down in colour.” – Irving Morrow
Funny Quotes About The Golden Gate Bridge
232. “Drafting is like painting the Golden Gate Bridge. The closer you get to the end, the more you start to worry about the beginning.” – Peter James
233. “You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars…We have munched Bridge burgers in the shadow of the Brooklyn Bridge and Cable burgers hard by the Golden Gate, Dixie burgers in the sunny South, and Yankee Doodle burgers in the North. We had a Capitol Burger – guess where. And so help us, in the inner courtyard of the Pentagon, a Penta burger.” – Charles Kuralt
234. “The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.”– George Carlin
235. “The Golden Gate wasn’t our fault either, but we still put a bridge across it.” – Larry Wall
236. “This studio has more suspensions than the Golden Gate Bridge.” – Humphrey Bogart on Warner Bros
237. “San Francisco is a golden handcuff with the key thrown away.” – John Steinbeck
Powerful Quotes About Golden Gate Bridge
238. “The Golden Gate Bridge’s daily showcase from enveloping stoles of mist to full glory is still the most provocative show in town.” – Mary Moore Mason
239. “This bridge needs neither praise, eulogy nor encomium. It speaks for itself. We who have laboured long are grateful. What Nature rent asunder long ago, man has joined today.” – J. Strauss
240. “The Golden Gate Bridge should be understood symbolically, in the sense that it does not go from America back to America but that it should be something that could possibly open up out of America.” – Simeon Wade
241. “To this Gate, I give the name of Chrysopylae, or Golden Gate, for the same reason that the harbour of Byzantium was called Chrysoceras, or Golden Horn.” – Capt. John C. Fremont
San Francisco Song Quotes
242. “I wasn’t born there perhaps I’ll die there. There’s no place left to go, San Francisco” – San Franciscan Nights, Eric Burdon & The Animals
243. “San Francisco. Open your golden gate. You let no stranger wait outside your door” – San Francisco, Judy Garland
244. “If you’re going to San Francisco. Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair. If you’re going to San Francisco. You’re gonna meet some gentle people there” – Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair, Scott McKenzie
245. “My love waits there in San Francisco. Above the blue and windy sea. When I come home to you, San Francisco. Your golden sun will shine for me” – I Left My Heart In San Francisco, Tony Bennett
246. “When the lights go down in the City. And the sun shines on the bay. Ooh, I wanna be there in my City, oh. Oh, oh, oh” – Lights, Journey
San Francisco Captions, Puns & Quotes Summary
I hope you got lots of inspiration and ideas from these San Francisco captions, quotes and puns for Instagram and were able to find the ideal one to go with your photos! Whether it’s a famous quote, a funny pun or short caption, you should be able to find one perfect for your San Francisco photo!
Do you know any other famous quotes or captions about San Francisco? Feel free to leave them in the comments below if so!
Looking for more captions and quotes for other places in the USA? Check out: